Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

fin12 wrote: »
    The average age of a first time mother in Ireland is 35.

thought it would be a lot closer to 25, so i googled, came back with answers between 29 and 30.3, was surprised

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/irish-women-among-oldest-mothers-in-europe-1.2213960

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Sorry but there is no way the average age of a first time mother is 35!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Caprica wrote: »
    Really enjoyed tonight's episode. I thought Denise had got through to Phil, especially when he was putting the child back in the cot but as he left the hospital with Sharon on his arm I'm not so sure. Great acting from Diane Parish and Steve Mc Fadden. I feel they have wasted Diane, she is rarely given the material she deserves, she is definitely one of the shows better actresses. Even though I don't like the character of Phil, Steve has always done well in his big stories.

Was pretty convinced that Phil decided to led the baby go. Although in Friday's episode, Denise's mother, Kim, and Libby seemed to be plotting something so it doesn't look like this is over.

Anyway in some ways I understand where Phil is coming from. Phil had a right to know about his child as he was the father. Not telling him was a violation of a father's right, especially when Denise was given the baby up for adoption. Can't imagine i'd be too happy if someone had my baby without telling me and then gave it away without my approval. Phil was right, Denise made her mind up and it was her decision, but she didn't even give Phil a choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MG_2013

Phil (definitely) and Denise (probably) would be older as a parent to their child, than Big Mo would have been as a great grandparent to Zoe Slater(after Zoe Slater was born).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Riddle101 wrote:
    Anyway in some ways I understand where Phil is coming from. Phil had a right to know about his child as he was the father. Not telling him was a violation of a father's right, especially when Denise was given the baby up for adoption. Can't imagine i'd be too happy if someone had my baby without telling me and then gave it away without my approval. Phil was right, Denise made her mind up and it was her decision, but she didn't even give Phil a choice.

I'm not sure of that...Id like to see the baby staying for the show (Such a gorgeous wee thing!!!) and I know technically Phil should have a right but if I was Denise and thought it best to have him adopted but if by telling Phil, there would be a chance the baby would end up with him. I'd think twice about opening my trap.

If I was putting the child's welfare first he would be better off without a man like Phil in his life. If Denise was mainly rearing him then yes let Phil have access but I wouldn't sleep easy in my bed again if there was a chance Phil would get full custody of him.

He loves his kids alright but he hurts them with his behaviour and he has the capacity for much cruelty. Remember Ben's earlier years and Lisa was through the mill with him. I wouldn't return a lost dog to a person if I knew he'd treated dogs badly in the past. I don't care if they'd bought the dog and had a license and microchip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

You can't go too wrong with rat droppings in your coffee, if you want to get sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

RobertKK wrote: »
    You can't go too wrong with rat droppings in your coffee, if you want to get sick.
    That babe is an evil piece of dirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Ah Mick what are you waiting for man? Give her the big heave ho right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

he needs her, she brings the punters in with her cooking and he's up to his neck in debt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

casio4 wrote: »
    he needs her, she brings the punters in with her cooking and he's up to his neck in debt[/QUOTE

Hopefully he'll catch her serving beer from her tea pot and get rid. She's so vile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

he needs her, she brings the punters in with her cooking and he's up to his neck in debt[/QUOTE

Hopefully he'll catch her serving beer from her tea pot and get rid. She's so vile.

ah thats what was in the teapot i was wondering why it was frothy i didnt put 2 n 2 together ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Ffs,how many times have they given her "one last chance" now? Yawn.
    Hardly a doof doof moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Babe
    is going out soon if it hasn't been said already.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

EastEnders fans are in for a real treat next week as disaster strikes on Albert Square in unmissable scenes.
    Show bosses have confirmed that next week's episodes all centre around a huge storyline, which could see some of Walford's best-known characters caught up in big trouble.
    Exact details of the high-stakes storyline are being kept under wraps for the time being, as the EastEnders team are keen for fans to be surprised by what's in store.
    Even the usual batch of EastEnders spoilers for next week's episodes, which are due out online at midnight, won't reveal what the stunt is or who's involved.
    The exciting news also helps to explain why some Walford events are hitting our screens a little earlier than usual at the moment.
    Some viewers were confused last week when Mick Carter appeared to celebrate his birthday a week early.
    Phil Mitchell also marks his own birthday in Monday night's episode (January 16) a few days earlier than usual.
    With some soap fans seemingly scrutinising episodes for "gaffes" and "errors" at the moment, Mick's birthday scenes sparked some incorrect reports online that EastEnders had made a continuity mistake.
    In fact, it's pretty common that soap episodes aren't necessarily set on the exact day they air - and things will get back on track next week with three episodes based around the disaster.
    An EastEnders spokesperson told Digital Spy: "As a continuing drama, it is not uncommon for events to be moved in order to tie in with other storylines.
    "Next week sees disaster strike in Walford, and these episodes all take place over one day, so in order for events to be played out in this way, other moments need to be moved slightly for story purposes."

I reckon Babe dies next week. Not a spoiler but it was announced months ago she was leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Baybay

I reckon Babe dies next week. Not a spoiler but it was announced months ago she was leaving

Maybe but the storyline has to be bigger than that as Babe leaving or even dying isn't really disastrous for the Square in general. Well, not unless she poisons the lot of them before she goes!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Some friend Carmel is, who the f*ck is she to judge Denise :rolleyes:

Also sick of Lee having to explain himself to Whitney. If she was so concerned about a lack of money you'd think she'd be making an effort to find a better job. :rolleyes:

Lee is also leaving

I want Shirley to find out about Buster and Kathy and to drag her by the hair up and down the market :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Lee is also leaving

I want Shirley to find out about Buster and Kathy and to drag her by the hair up and down the market :P

so if Lee is leaving what will Whitney do? she has no life without him she has forgiven everything,every lie, robbing the neighbours post and being part of the robbery in the Vic that saw his little brother being roughed about. She seems to be getting closer to Mick again taking Lindas place in the family

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Still can't believe she went out and picked up rats droppings from a filthy yard and put them into the coffee. Where anyone could have been very ill from it. She's a first class nut job. !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

Baybay wrote: »
    Maybe but the storyline has to be bigger than that as Babe leaving or even dying isn't really disastrous for the Square in general. Well, not unless she poisons the lot of them before she goes!

She won't be missed.
    Get the champagne ready.

Some friend Carmel is, who the f*ck is she to judge Denise :rolleyes:

Also sick of Lee having to explain himself to Whitney. If she was so concerned about a lack of money you'd think she'd be making an effort to find a better job. :rolleyes:

As long as Whitney is close to Mick she is happy

he needs her, she brings the punters in with her cooking and he's up to his neck in debt

I'd say her cooking days are numbered after this.

MelanieC wrote: »
    Exactly. Her choice what she wants to do but using the excuse of being too old or having nothing to offer a child is ridiculous. She's young,fit and healthy with plenty of love and support. Plus if hadn't blabbed to Shirley,the child could've been brought up having nothing to do with Phil and not been "Mitchellised" if that's what she's worried about!

It isn't so long ago Denise was going to raise the son of evil Lucas. It broke her heart when the kid went back to live with his mother.

Exactly. Her choice what she wants to do but using the excuse of being too old or having nothing to offer a child is ridiculous. She's young,fit and healthy with plenty of love and support. Plus if hadn't blabbed to Shirley,the child could've been brought up having nothing to do with Phil and not been "Mitchellised" if that's what she's worried about!

It isn't so long ago Denise was going to raise the son of evil Lucas. It broke her heart when the kid went back to live with his mother.

A very very different scenario there. I dunno..........maybe the fact of the age of Jordan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

A very very different scenario there. I dunno..........maybe the fact of the age of Jordan.

I think silverlight means Jordan's kid,JJ. Denise wanted to help bring him up. And I seem to remember her offering to raise Libby's child the time she was pregnant too. No consistency.

so if Lee is leaving what will Whitney do? she has no life without him she has forgiven everything,every lie, robbing the neighbours post and being part of the robbery in the Vic that saw his little brother being roughed about. She seems to be getting closer to Mick again taking Lindas place in the family

I thought Whitney was pregnant again :confused: I don't see why she would stay when Lee goes

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭currants

I hope Whitney stays. Lee has been boring since day one, standing around looking gormless with his mouth opened thousand yard stare, then recycling the same expression when he was supposed to be depressed, that actor is terrible imo. Annette Badland has been great as psycho Babe but the character has run her course.

I think silverlight means Jordan's kid,JJ. Denise wanted to help bring him up. And I seem to remember her offering to raise Libby's child the time she was pregnant too. No consistency.

Yes she wanted Jordan's small child and also Libby's baby

• Advertisement

I was referring to JJ. Thanks MelanieC.

It doesn't make any sense based on her reaction to JJ and Libby.
    Denise is quite maternal and caring so it seems unusual.

I assume she is afraid of the Mitchell's.
    I can understand her not wanting to have Phil involved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement