Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Hopefully Mick will now flip and force Lee to move away.

People say Lee is being acting well, I completely disagree. He pulls the same lost face every scene. He's terrible.

Louise, aka Lucy Beale story is boring. Did I really hear someone say, you got pwned!

No-one says that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Hopefully Mick will now flip and force Lee to move away.

People say Lee is being acting well, I completely disagree. He pulls the same lost face every scene. He's terrible.

Louise, aka Lucy Beale story is boring. Did I really hear someone say, you got pwned!

No-one says that...

Don't see any similarities there? Character or aesthetically?

Don't see any similarities there? Character or aesthetically?

I think she's a carbon copy of Lucy Beale, character wise.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I think she's a carbon copy of Lucy Beale. Character wise

Why so? Don't see it myself? Just seems like a typical teenage girl, nothing extrovert. In fact she is very bland and boring, as a character! Bex is a much more interesting and likeable character. Louise's main character trait is that she is a Mitchell!
    Lucy was vindictive and self centred, don't see that in Louise, a little bit controlling, I guess when it comes to her friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

i love mick carter- but you know what- Aunt Bebe was right- its all linda linda linda with him- i know she is his wife and he loves her but he seems to fall apart without her its like he is not able to exist unless she is by his side. Its sweet and all that **** but if she died would he just kill himself ... because its a vibe i get off him- totally off topic from what ye are talking about but its just the vive i get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I dont like these latest storylines involving the teenagers .. if I wanted to watch something like that I would tune into Hollyoaks , and I dont.

I dont mind them dipping in and out of these storylines but lately its getting a bit too much of teen storylines and they are not very good actors , and i cringe to think what I read once in the papers that 7 year old's like to watch eastenders and they are listening to these storylines with bex and man bun and having it off and pictures of willys being shown around school ... and children as young as 7 tuning into the show and these risque storylines before the watershed - perleeze!

i love mick carter- but you know what- Aunt Bebe was right- its all linda linda linda with him- i know she is his wife and he loves her but he seems to fall apart without her its like he is not able to exist unless she is by his side. Its sweet and all that **** but if she died would he just kill himself ... because its a vibe i get off him- totally off topic from what ye are talking about but its just the vive i get

is that pink dressing gown he wears , his or his mrs? - he looks a right tart in it anyways, whats he trying to prove?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I dont like these latest storylines involving the teenagers .. if I wanted to watch something like that I would tune into Hollyoaks , and I dont.

I dont mind them dipping in and out of these storylines but lately its getting a bit too much of teen storylines and they are not very good actors , and i cringe to think what I read once in the papers that 7 year old's like to watch eastenders and they are listening to these storylines with bex and man bun and having it off and pictures of willys being shown around school ... and children as young as 7 tuning into the show and these risque storylines before the watershed - perleeze!

with all due respect all tv shows can't be expected to be peppa pig because irresponsible parents allow their 7 year old watch inappropriate programmes. Sending intimate pics esp with the likes of Snapchat and them ending up leaked is very realistic

That phrase makes me want to bang closest wall!

Anyway A parent that allows their 7 year old watch a soap like EE in this day of age should perhaps reconsider that choice!

But, yeah, that phrase :mad::mad::mad:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I always saw Eastenders as being focused towards teenagers and adults, not kids under 10. If you're a parent who let's a 7 year old kid watch a show like Eastenders then i'm afraid it's on the parent. Can't really blame the show for it because everyone knows Eastenders and the amount of adult driven and sensitive story lines they write.

In any case, while I do find the teen storylines to be annoying, I also understand that as a tv show they have to cater to teenagers as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

The Lee/depression story line is getting ridiculous now.

Surely the family have noticed that he is suffering and should try and get him some help.

They know he had problems before and yet nobody is suggesting that he seeks medical help. Surely that would be the 1st thing they'd do . Instead we have mopey/dopey Mick acting like a love struck teenager :mad:

And where is the baby? Thought he was left with the family when Linda went to her mother?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Special programme on BBC this Thursday at 8.30 honouring June Brown for her 90th birthday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08f49dq

• Registered Users Posts: 86,745 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

SAMTALK wrote: »
    The Lee/depression story line is getting ridiculous now.

Surely the family have noticed that he is suffering and should try and get him some help.

They know he had problems before and yet nobody is suggesting that he seeks medical help. Surely that would be the 1st thing they'd do . Instead we have mopey/dopey Mick acting like a love struck teenager :mad:

And where is the baby? Thought he was left with the family when Linda went to her mother?

Did Mick or Johnny take baby Ollie to Linda once her and Elaine returned to the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

What did Whitney say to Lee when they fought? I missed it Friday evening.

ShazGV wrote: »
    What did Whitney say to Lee when they fought? I missed it Friday evening.

I think something like Mick was a real man, who treats Linda better than how Lee does her

I find the whole slap thing very underwhelming. Men get slapped like that on the show all the time.

Whitney/Lauren have given harder slaps too! They are going on like he nearly killed her, yes he should not have done it but get some perspective here!

bloody shirley interfering now saying Lee is no good for whitney at the end of the show - why dont she butt out and let them try and sort it out . Lee already said he would go and get help and go to anger management and will never hit her again

bloody shirley interfering now saying Lee is no good for whitney at the end of the show - why dont she butt out and let them try and sort it out . Lee already said he would go and get help and go to anger management and will never hit her again

Yeah didn't she shoot her ex :D

Hitting her even once is one time too many, he doesn't get to deserve a second chance and male abusers say a lot of things, but if he hits you once he will more than likely hit you again, and again.

Hitting her even once is one time too many, he doesn't get to deserve a second chance and male abusers say a lot of things, but if he hits you once he will more than likely hit you again, and again.

yeah and I suppose everyone who has grown up with alcoholics in their family end up as alcoholics themselves ... not sticking up for people who hit their mrs but people like Lee and what he went through / going through might deserve another chance? no? - she was pressing all his buttons and winding him up / goading him real proper.

I am pretty sure just as there are people out there who swear they will never do it again and do it again that there are people who swear they will never do it again ... and dont do it again. But I like to give people the benefit of the doubt sometimes

• Advertisement

Lee's depression started when he got with Whitney, see a pattern Carters get him help and kick her out

Lee was a cheeky chap, army lad, bedding both Lucy and Whitney and then Linda was pushing him back to her favourite Whitney and all went downhill

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Lee's depression started when he got with Whitney, see a pattern Carters get him help and kick her out

Lee was a cheeky chap, army lad, bedding both Lucy and Whitney and then Linda was pushing him back to her favourite Whitney and all went downhill

has he still got issues to do with the army as well do you reckon that havent been addressed/councilled with like PTSD or whatever they call it? - he was on the frontline wasnt he or was he just in an office job with the army?

has he still got issues to do with the army as well do you reckon that havent been addressed/councilled with like PTSD or whatever they call it? - he was on the frontline wasnt he or was he just in an office job with the army?

Had Lee PTSD, I don't remember that, he got on well with Stan who was proud of him, bonding over army experiences

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Had Lee PTSD, I don't remember that, he got on well with Stan who was proud of him, bonding over army experiences

I could very well be getting him mixed up with Gary Windass in Corrie - he came back from Afghanistan and was suffering some mental breakdown of seeing his mate die on the frontline. I did think the same kind of thing happened with Lee though. Maybe i'm wrong

I could very well be getting him mixed up with Gary Windass in Corrie - he came back from Afghanistan and was suffering some mental breakdown of seeing his mate die on the frontline. I did think the same kind of thing happened with Lee though. Maybe i'm wrong

I do remember Gary from Corrie storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 10,720 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Is the young lad who featured twice a new arrival or just a pointless extra filling some air time?

yeah and I suppose everyone who has grown up with alcoholics in their family end up as alcoholics themselves ... not sticking up for people who hit their mrs but people like Lee and what he went through / going through might deserve another chance? no? - she was pressing all his buttons and winding him up / goading him real proper.

I am pretty sure just as there are people out there who swear they will never do it again and do it again that there are people who swear they will never do it again ... and dont do it again. But I like to give people the benefit of the doubt sometimes

I actually wonder if you sometimes post with the sole intention of giving me a stroke.
    She was not looking for it. She is a woman, she's smaller than him, he's a fully grown strong man. He got the benefit of the doubt when he married her and promised to love her and take care of her

I think Shirley was thinking of Dean when talking with Mick in the cellar

Lee ya cruel sod - why did you have to say you dont love her any more, why didnt you write "your better off without me" instead

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Ode to Lee

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Timber is thick
    And so are you

What a total and absolute plonker.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement