Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

IvySlayer wrote: »
    They won't be able to open the pub at all since all the licenses are in jail or away

Oh yes Mick, Shirley and Linda all away unless Whitney becomes licencee which likely will happen

Mick should make Tracy manager and licencee

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I really hope danny isn't going to be outta eastenders for too long. He is one of the best actors in it.

Have to disagree there, he still thinks he's acting in something like The Football Factory.

IMO the guy who plays Jay is the best actor in EE.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Yeah Jay is marvellous. Most of the established male actors are very good actually. Phil, Ian, Billy, Jack.
    I like do like Mick although I think maybe he's behaving the way he does in real life so not such a stretch for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ann22 wrote: »
    Yeah Jay is marvellous. Most of the established male actors are very good actually. Phil, Ian, Billy, Jack.
    I like do like Mick although I think maybe he's behaving the way he does in real life so not such a stretch for him.

Hey you forgot Max, I think he's one of the best male soap actors around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Have to disagree there, he still thinks he's acting in something like The Football Factory.

I like the way they haven't sensationalised Jay yet really. The "Star" story aside, he hasn't been given a plot just for the sake of it so is character is very consistent so he seems "real" whilst others flip flop from one personality to another, depending on the plot.

He does need a story though Jay, maybe even some blood relations to arrive. A proper relationship or casual relationship also. Is he on a curfew for that incident?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Yeah. Brilliantly.

Well he's had about 40 years practice! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I like the way they haven't sensationalised Jay yet really. The "Star" story aside, he hasn't been given a plot just for the sake of it so is character is very consistent so he seems "real" whilst others flip flop from one personality to another, depending on the plot.

Jay is great. He really looks haunted when he's going through something. I'd really love to see him happy.
    It annoyed me a lot that he pleaded guilty that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Jay is great. He really looks haunted when he's going through something. I'd really love to see him happy.

Think Jay is one of the best actors in Eastenders but I dont think they use him enough. Having said that I would hate for him to have real silly storylines either.
    It would be nice for something good happened to him for a change and bring him into the soap for longer periods

Good riddance to Mick (thankfully the Carters are going slowly but surely).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Danny Dyer would be a laugh to have a session with but he'd shag your missus the second your back was turned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

SAMTALK wrote: »

Think Jay is one of the best actors in Eastenders but I dont think they use him enough. Having said that I would hate for him to have real silly storylines either.
    It would be nice for something good happened to him for a change and bring him into the soap for longer periods

Good riddance to Mick (thankfully the Carters are going slowly but surely).
    Carter family comprise of actors who have all had careers in acting before. . Mick. Linda. Shirley. Babe. Shirls sister. Shirls dad. All very accomplished actors in their own fields. Unlike phil sharon ian etc who have nothing on their cvs except eastenders.

• Advertisement

Popular opinion doesn't seem to be that the whole Carters are annoying. I don't here too much outcry against the others to be fair.
    But the vast majority seem to be sick of Mick Carter definitely, "fancy" CV or not. Even Tina is becoming popular. Johnny admittedly is boring, Babe is great to watch, the alzheimer story has been well acted by Sylvie and she can be very funny at times, and Shirley is anything but unpopular and a great character/actress.

Viewers want to enjoy the characters, not their CVs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Carter family comprise of actors who have all had careers in acting before. . Mick. Linda. Shirley. Babe. Shirls sister. Shirls dad. All very accomplished actors in their own fields. Unlike phil sharon ian etc who have nothing on their cvs except eastenders.

Ya but Steve McFadden is an exceptional actor, he is far better than Danny Dyer. I really do believe that Danny Dyer is just playing himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 LiamKK82

Does it look different to anyone else, like it's live or something

That was a brilliant episode. Especially the ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

That ending was very well played, great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Jasmine Armfield (Bex) is turning into a fine actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

and she's a great singer

What are the pills that Michelle is taking, are they for menopause?

They have made her a very central character when you look at other characters. She has had lots of screentime and noone is complaining as she has been excellent and well written.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What are the pills that Michelle is taking, are they for menopause?
    Not sure. But they are definitely not sleeping tablets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Back to the good old days of Eastenders sleeping scandals

dogcat wrote: »
    Back to the good old days of Eastenders sleeping scandals

Getting revealed in the Queen Vic :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Oh god please let Michelle leave. I can't stand her.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

here is what michelle fowler is supposed to look like now:

710783_90235687_7b3bee06e41423f51cfc37f7ea695b85.jpg

does this current replacement actress look anything like her ???

here is what michelle fowler is supposed to look like now:

710783_90235687_7b3bee06e41423f51cfc37f7ea695b85.jpg

does this current replacement actress look anything like her ???
    Yeah. They are alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Yeah. They are alike.

hmmm, i suppose I can see resemblance .. what a shame the original Michelle couldnt do it - I think she is a producer now

Yeah. They are alike.

hmmm, i suppose I can see resemblance .. what a shame the original Michelle couldnt do it - I think she is a producer now
    I know everyone keeps saying she is not good in eastenders. But I think she is really great. And not unlike michelle from years ago. She was well cast imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

They might be accomplished actors but by god they are soooo annoying.
    The only one who I can tolerate is Shirley.
    To be fair its really the Mick character who really bugs me the most.
    The best for me are, Phil, Max, Jay and Billy

Love all the carter family. Can't stand any of the beale family. I agree about danny dyers acting ....he is just been himself.

• Advertisement

Stacey is turning into kat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement