Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is the flashback episode all live if not the actors involved must know who the killer is by now if already filmed

No, flashback isn't Live. On Thursday there's an hour long from 7.30-8.30 on BBC1 and then at 9.30 there's another 30 minute episode which is the flashback one. Friday 8.00 is the live 30 minutes...

RTÉ have scheduled it arseways by the looks of things, they're showing an hour on Thursday and an hour on Friday...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

No, flashback isn't Live.

From the horses mouth:

• THURSDAY at 9.30pm Flashback episode (30’) with live inserts
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/eastenders/entries/3d799851-c6d3-46c9-91d2-092cd3e4af8e

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Ian is still grieving and probably doesn't think he was the best father he could have been to Lucy throughout the years. Just think he lied to Mel about Lucy having cancer so she'd marry him. He's had so many women come and go Lucy never really had a proper female figure in her life. He had his breakdown which left Lucy out of her depth running his businesses too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

fr336 wrote: »
    From the horses mouth:

• THURSDAY at 9.30pm Flashback episode (30’) with live inserts
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/eastenders/entries/3d799851-c6d3-46c9-91d2-092cd3e4af8e

Live inserts meaning a couple of scenes will be live, just like tonight... not completely live, as was the question I was answering...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Zippie84 wrote: »
    I think that's a common enough thing for a bereaved parent to say, about not deserving to be happy, but there was also this:

https://twitter.com/bbceastenders/status/567771566159974401

Right Ian is confessing to Sharon about killing Lucy

Sharon says ??????????????

Ian says It's not your fault Sharon

Sharon says Oh yes it is meaning she should have been there for him and she should have realised that there was something not right with Ian before the murder.

• Advertisement

Live inserts meaning a couple of scenes will be live, just like tonight... not completely live, as was the question I was answering...

If you say so! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Pretty sure I read that the flashback episode was already recorded, (and I've seen pictures of a few of the scenes from it) but on the Graham Norton eastenders special, Hetti said she didn't know who killed Lucy, which I thought was odd.

None of the cast know. The culprit will only be told half an hour to an hour before the live show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,462 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

People cannot read anymore

This week Eastenders has LIVE inserts but Friday's episode is completely LIVE

whats so confusing about that ?

Unless live comes on the screen in writing, I haven't the foggiest what is live or not tbh :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

lulu1 wrote: »
    Right Ian is confessing to Sharon about killing Lucy

Sharon says ??????????????

Ian says It's not your fault Sharon

Sharon says Oh yes it is meaning she should have been there for him and she should have realised that there was something not right with Ian before the murder.

have you got that a bit muddled?

Unless live comes on the screen in writing, I haven't the foggiest what is live or not tbh :o

Friday is completely live.

Other days the writing will come up

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I had to replay Max and Abi scene a few times on sky+, thinking he said it was Abi but I think he just said it so fast that he just reiterated that Lauren knows. Its a twist I say its not Abi since the live reveal isn't to expose the truth till live showing on Thursday? I thought it been abi but think its someone else now based on Jane's behaviour.

Even though it didn't say #EELive (On MY tv screen) on the first scene, I could tell it was live, but can't quite figure out why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

have you got that a bit muddled?

Dont think so why???:)

Friday is completely live.

Other days the writing will come up

:D

IF it comes up / can be seen on screen :D

Even though it didn't say #EELive (On MY tv screen) on the first scene, I could tell it was live, but can't quite figure out why.

What channel or how were you watching, out of interest? RTÉ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,462 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

They will have to know who the killer is, as future episodes have already been filmed

What channel or how were you watching, out of interest? RTÉ?

No. BBC1 in the scottish borders.

I think it's potentially due to them choosing the colour grey, which may have been hard to see the other side of room, potentially due to contrast on screen, no idea.

I say 'potentially' cos I really have no idea.

All I know is I'm getting a little wound up by people saying that it genuinely wasn't visible on their screen, and people telling them it was on theirs, and talking to them like they were thick (what does that achieve, still doesn't change the fact that the original person couldn't see it), and loads of people on facebook and twitter complaining to eastenders that they couldn't see it in the same scenes either.

Well, even the actors on set aren't quite sure what Jake Wood said

https://twitter.com/matt_diangelo/status/567778664495198208

I think he actually said 'who killed lucy' rather than 'you killed lucy' to abi.

From the Mirror:

EastEnders live: Did Max Branning mess up his lines for Lucy Beale murder bombshell?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/eastenders-live-max-branning-mess-5181129

doovdela wrote: »
    I think he actually said 'who killed lucy' rather than 'you killed lucy' to abi.

how come the subtitles say 'you killed Lucy'?

• Advertisement

I think it's potentially due to them choosing the colour grey, which may have been hard to see the other side of room, potentially due to contrast on screen, no idea.

Yep definitely the BBC's fault :P

Knowing a bit about these technical set ups I would have thought that the 'EE Live' message would have come straight from the main programme output i.e. Elstree studios and EE production rather than seperate feeds for BBC England, Scotland, RTE etc. Could be wrong but it would be odd if this wasn't the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

just watched it, i think max may be alluding to the fact that both him and abi arent sure WHETHER abi killed lucy but they suspect Lauren knows WHETHER abi did or didnt kill her. very smart.

i think this eliminates abi definitely

Yep definitely the BBC's fault :P

Knowing a bit about these technical set ups I would have thought that the 'EE Live' message would have come straight from the main programme output i.e. Elstree studios and EE production rather than seperate feeds for BBC England, Scotland, RTE etc. Could be wrong but it would be odd if this wasn't the case.

yes it would be odd, and I highly doubt it is the case. I'm not even bothered about the reason. As I said I just find it annoying the way people are treating people, and it's not like people on here are the only ones who didn't see it.

I've suggested red writing to them for tomorrow night rather than grey.

how come the subtitles say 'you killed Lucy'?

Oh right did it, I thought initially it was 'you' but listened again a few times seems like 'who'. He said it so fast its hard to know which word he meant to say or else its what he said and subtitles are correct that he said 'you'. Its probably a twist as the reveal isn't till Thursday.

He said 'whether' as well I think so maybe it just a word thrown in so its still questionable.

I say 'potentially' cos I really have no idea.

All I know is I'm getting a little wound up by people saying that it genuinely wasn't visible on their screen, and people telling them it was on theirs, and talking to them like they were thick (what does that achieve, still doesn't change the fact that the original person couldn't see it), and loads of people on facebook and twitter complaining to eastenders that they couldn't see it in the same scenes either.

Such is the nature of the internet... no matter what you say, someone will say the opposite or jump down your throat. Things also have a tendency to be taken the wrong way in text, due to lack of tone, which can also lead to people locking horns.

For the record, I was genuinely just interested in what network you were watching on, because I had heard RTÉ actually messed up the first scene, hence asking if that was the channel.

doovdela wrote: »
    Oh right did it, I thought initially it was 'you' but listened again a few times seems like 'who'. He said it so fast its hard to know which word he meant to say or else its what he said and subtitles are correct that he said 'you'. Its probably a twist as the reveal isn't till Thursday.

He said 'whether' as well I think so maybe it just a word thrown in so its still questionable.

yep, there's a few pages here debating what he said, and the screenshot of the subtitles.

also, some who think that he said 'well, that you killed Lucy' which it sounds very like.

Such is the nature of the internet... no matter what you say, someone will say the opposite or jump down your throat. Things also have a tendency to be taken the wrong way in text, due to lack of tone, which can also lead to people locking horns.

For the record, I was genuinely just interested in what network you were watching on, because I had heard RTÉ actually messed up the first scene, hence asking if that was the channel.

Thanks for the reassurance :D

I agree, people will jump down your throat online no matter what, and I'm like 'I'm the one who was looking at my tv, not you' :P And if I was the only one, rather than hundreds or more on the internet, then I'd definitely say it's just me being silly.

Doing that thing where you know you're getting wound up over something trivial, but still hard to pull back lol. :P Will get a life sometime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

UPDATE
    Subtitles eastenders bbc 3 @ 10:30pm
    'Whether you kill lucy'
    That sorted.

lulu1 wrote: »
    Dont think so why???:)

Because Ian didn't say 'It's not your fault Sharon'

and Sharon didn't say 'Oh yes it is' :) ?

• Advertisement

UPDATE
    Subtitles eastenders bbc 3 @ 10:30pm
    'Whether you kill lucy'
    That sorted.

oooh that's interesting. they've changed the subtitles from those they have on iplayer. how strange.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement