Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

i have noticed a couple of times Tina is moaning and moping around... but then looks like she is on the verge of laughing, can just imagine when the director shouts "cut!" she bursts out laughing .. anyone else notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I know a lot of us are complaining about mopey Tina but when you think about it, she's a really well drawn character.
    When you see her bright, funky clothes you might expect her to be carefree and fun loving, whereas in fact, over time, it's become clear that she's struggling to step out of her childhood /compensating for her lack of a happy and contented youth. She's a woman in her 40s who's dependent on her family in almost every way, yearning for a meaningful relationship with her mum, insisting on doing everything for her and then getting angsty when other family members aren't inclined to do the same, setting herself up as chief mourner at the mother's inappropriately lavish funeral that will ultimately be financed by family members who aren't as into the whole facade as she is - I think the actress plays the damaged, sweet but selfish overgrown teenager really well.
    Her motivation towards the pairing with Sonia made sense from the point of view that Sonia is such an obvious nurturer, and the failure of the relationship due to Tina's immaturity and Sonia's frustration with same seemed very natural too.
    I'd like to see some character progression in the light of Sylvie's death, and maybe a new focus on Tina's relationship with her own daughter who hasn't been mentioned in ages (or did I imagine her?! Was it ZaZa or something?).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

She doesn't seem to be interested in having any contact with her own daughter who is still alive!

ah right I see, tomorrow we will have the good ol' line Tina saying "what did we do? - it was a mistake just in the heat of the moment... im a lesbian I dont know what came over me,, we cant let that happen again!" blah blah blah! ...

Like that storyline has never been done on soaps before! ...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ah right I see, tomorrow we will have the good ol' line Tina saying "what did we do? - it was a mistake just in the heat of the moment... im a lesbian I dont know what came over me,, we cant let that happen again!" blah blah blah! ...

Like that storyline has never been done on soaps before! ...

Will Tina end up knocked up with a little
    Woody :p

Tina slept with Billy before too

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Will Tina end up knocked up with a little
    Woody :p

Tina slept with Billy before too

didnt remember that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

didnt remember that..
    I doubt she did either, I wouldn't reckon he'd be very memorable in the bedroom dept

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

I doubt she did either, I wouldn't reckon he'd be very memorable in the bedroom dept

But he bagged Honey...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Gulliver wrote:
    But he bagged Honey...

Twice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

That fella who works with Max who Lauren fancies seems super creepy. I can see him carrying something on with Lauren and threatening to expose her if she tries to end things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

It is kind've funny how many people are all of a sudden working at the Vic. Shirley, Johnny, Sharon, Woody, Tracey, Tina, Whitney etc. Where did they find the money to pay them?

Anyway, Sharon probably would have been the best one to go. She really didn't need the job. Johnny might have too since he's got college. He's always banging on about some sort of assignment and being too busy, but now he would have plenty of time to focus on college if he didn't work behind the bar. He only said there yesterday that he was only helps out there. So there you have it. Two people Shirley could have picked to fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Riddle101 wrote: »
    It is kind've funny how many people are all of a sudden working at the Vic. Shirley, Johnny, Sharon, Woody, Tracey, Tina, Whitney etc. Where did they find the money to pay them?

Anyway, Sharon probably would have been the best one to go. She really didn't need the job. Johnny might have too since he's got college. He's always banging on about some sort of assignment and being too busy, but now he would have plenty of time to focus on college if he didn't work behind the bar. He only said there yesterday that he was only helps out there. So there you have it. Two people Shirley could have picked to fire.

yeah it's a bit ridiculous that Sharon is there and getting paid, sure she spent her wages on shoes it's not like she needs the money to pay the bills. Was it all a build up to the character that plays Tracy leaving the soap?

erica74 wrote: »
    That fella who works with Max who Lauren fancies seems super creepy. I can see him carrying something on with Lauren and threatening to expose her if she tries to end things.

That specky Jay lookalike Josh is Max's boss

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

casio4 wrote: »
    yeah it's a bit ridiculous that Sharon is there and getting paid, sure she spent her wages on shoes it's not like she needs the money to pay the bills. Was it all a build up to the character that plays Tracy leaving the soap?

I was disappointed they didn't give the dun dun dun moment at the end to Tracy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

They can't fire Tracy!!!!!

Samsgirl wrote: »
    They can't fire Tracy!!!!!

I think you will find they just did! - but he should have fired miss piggy instead I reckon..

Is Woody the bar manager on Linda's order or Masterchef Ronnie like lady?

the new land owner woman of the vic is married to Masterchef presenter John Torrode in real life I believe ...

the new land owner woman of the vic is married to Masterchef presenter John Torrode in real life I believe ...

She was also married to the actor who played Tony who abused Whitney

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

They're not married but they are together. Lisa won Celebrity Masterchef in 2010.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Seriously though how retarded is Eastenders at the moment? This nonsensical Vic storyline, the mind-numbingly stupid Abi moving in to the flat with two of her ex-boyfriends, Stephen creepily trying to get his girlfriend pregnant against her will, and then of the excitement of Derek and Honey working together at the Minute Mart. Yeah, ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Yay finally! It's ages since it was announced that they were casting for that series, I'd actually forgotten about it!
    Strong cast too by the look of things.

dee_mc wrote: »
    Yay finally! It's ages since it was announced that they were casting for that series, I'd actually forgotten about it!
    Strong cast too by the look of things.

You would never think it is connected to EastEnders as Kat and Alfie look different, no sign of Kat's red lips and leopard print, Shane and Jessie could be playing different characters :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

For a bar manager, Woody could tidy himself up a bit. I've seen wounds dressed better.

Why didn't Shirley or Sharon call Linda about Woody :confused: at least Sharon now too is unemployed maybe Ian can hire her as he didn't offer Tracey a job

I don't remember any #justiceformax like #justicefortracey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Dont know why they didnt keep Tracey and get rid of all the others.
    She'd run the whole place on her own...
    Sometimes there seems to be more staff than customers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Smart move by Vincent offering Tracey a job. People will be more inclined to drink at his place now.

What was the email Jack got from Johnny last night? I didn't get a chance to read it. Was it something important? It said something about Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

Are Mick and Linda not in touch with Shirley and their son at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,712 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

SAMTALK wrote: »
    Dont know why they didnt keep Tracey and get rid of all the others.
    She'd run the whole place on her own...
    Sometimes there seems to be more staff than customers

Whitney serves no purpose other than trying to bed Mick. Tina I thought worked in the cafe but lives in the pub, Jonny I thought had college mainly. Most of the "staff" just seem to be spare Carters, when Mick and Linda return Ronnie 2.0/WoodPlank will have a fit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement