Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Wonky camera angles are annoying

i think it was supposed to indicate shes stressed and weak from lack of food

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yeah, you could be right? I think she quit when she was send on a training course or something. That makes it all the more ridiculous. Why not tell Kim instead of dumping Kush and then rooting around in bins for food!

I assume Kim and Kush know she has no job

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I assume Kim and Kush know she has no job

Remember when Denise called around and asked Kim for that tenner and Kim kind was like why are u asking for a tenner back, did it not dawn on her then that Denise has no job and things must be pretty tight,and surely kush being in her flat would've noticed how bare the fridge and cupboards are? I just can't imagine too many people carrying on the way Denise is,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Wonky camera angles are annoying

It's like the director for the Denise segments loves 60's Batman with those weird angles and slow focus. I was expecting POW! to appear on screen when she slapped Carmel.

• Advertisement

Jeeze they look pretty rough, I think they are trying to recreate the miller family.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

Hope it not another Carol Jackson family storyline...

-mouthy mother
    - daugthter gets pregnant

Been there .. seen that.... didn't like it first time around

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

The mother of the new family is played by the same lady who was Star's mum last year, the one who called Jay a ginger nonce!
    She's a good actress, looking forward to a bit of new blood in the square.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

dee_mc wrote: »
    The mother of the new family is played by the same lady who was Star's mum last year, the one who called Jay a ginger nonce!

Thought I recognised her, they would have been better off just moving Star's family in and elaborate on her scum brothers. But then again Jay being on the register probably wouldn't allow that. Who knew EE could be accurate?

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Thought I recognised her, they would have been better off just moving Star's family in and elaborate on her scum brothers. But then again Jay being on the register probably wouldn't allow that. Who knew EE could be accurate?

I thought Star would be around again as Bex mate instead of Louise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

dee_mc wrote: »

Coincidentally in Law & Order UK now. Good but sad episode where her 5 year old son is strangled.

Did Whitney expect Lee to come back and work on their marriage while she stays with his family chasing his dad :rolleyes:

From the newest trailer below, looks like self harming and stealing for Whitney

Did Whitney expect Lee to come back and work on their marriage while she stays with his family chasing his dad :rolleyes:

From the newest trailer below, looks like self harming and stealing for Whitney

Thanks Liz, looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Ooh brilliant trailer!
    Lots of drama coming up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Baybay

Glad to see Stacey back! And I think Stephen might be my favourite summer character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Can anyone see properly who Stephen is shoving against the wall at 2:55 in the trailer? I can't figure out if it's Linda or Abi - someone with blonde hair anyway?
    I see lots of drama ahead for Lauren and that creepy dude she's working for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's Abi, I ran it back and paused it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

That preview looks good... certainly much better than Corrie which is a total snooze fest at the moment. Delighted to see Cora back!
    I see some people not liking Denise's storyline, I think it's great they're highlighting people on the bread line in a realistic way. In the UK it's a huge problem and women are particularly vulnerable. Its certainly a lot more believable and realistic compared to the Carters financial troubles! I can completely see why Kim hasn't noticed as she's very self centred and Denise is isolating herself more and more. The night Patrick was meant to come and she when she found out he wasn't really tugged at my heart strings lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

So does Jack Branning know that his precious "Saint Ronnie" :rolleyes: and someone else(can't remember who :o) was the reason Charlie left and his son left behind?

maurv1 wrote: »
    So does Jack Branning know that his precious "Saint Ronnie" :rolleyes: and someone else(can't remember who :o) was the reason Charlie left and his son left behind?

Vincent

• Advertisement

Scraggs wrote: »
    That preview looks good... certainly much better than Corrie which is a total snooze fest at the moment. Delighted to see Cora back!
    I see some people not liking Denise's storyline, I think it's great they're highlighting people on the bread line in a realistic way. In the UK it's a huge problem and women are particularly vulnerable. Its certainly a lot more believable and realistic compared to the Carters financial troubles! I can completely see why Kim hasn't noticed as she's very self centred and Denise is isolating herself more and more. The night Patrick was meant to come and she when she found out he wasn't really tugged at my heart strings lol

I don't think it's realistic the way she never signed on, that's ridiculous. I know in the past if I finished up a job on the Friday and hadn't another one lined up, I'd be in the dole office first thing Monday morning.

I get Max wants revenge but he should start with Ian, Jane, Phil, Sharon, Lauren and the police who let the Beales off for lying and perverting justice, while Jack, Dot and Abi did nothing to help Max they did think he was guilty they did not know the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

I just realised who the "Woody" character reminds me of - Joe Swash aka Micky (??) Miller.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The more I watch Whitney the more I think Shona McGarty is actually a rubbish actress.
    She's all lipgloss and eyebrows and she has the same facial expressions for every emotion, much like Stacey does, and she's quite boring.

I think Lee Ryan's actually alright; is this his first acting role, does anyone know?

I'm getting fed up with Denise.
    She's been in almost every episode the last few months. And sorry but if you lost your job, your first stop would be the dole office.
    How do you expect to feed yourself?

I was watching it last night when she was opening the cupboards and they were bare, thinking "Nobody would have EMPTY cupboards!".
    No matter how proud you were, you couldn't exist on NOTHING.
    A little far-fetched.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

fussyonion wrote: »
    I think Lee Ryan's actually alright; is this his first acting role, does anyone know?

Regular gig yes... He was in an episode of Holby when he was 17 and a London gangster movie a few years back (The Heavy) which amazingly didn't feature Danny Dyer. :)

FF to about 12:25. (He's wearing his t-shirt before it was put on the boil wash and the dog didn't have a go at it.)

fussyonion wrote: »
    The more I watch Whitney the more I think Shona McGarty is actually a rubbish actress.
    She's all lipgloss and eyebrows and she has the same facial expressions for every emotion, much like Stacey does, and she's quite boring.

I'm getting fed up with Denise.
    She's been in almost every episode the last few months. And sorry but if you lost your job, your first stop would be the dole office.
    How do you expect to feed yourself?

I was watching it last night when she was opening the cupboards and they were bare, thinking "Nobody would have EMPTY cupboards!".
    No matter how proud you were, you couldn't exist on NOTHING.
    A little far-fetched.

Exactly and it also doesn't look good either when she does eventually go to the dole office because the people working there will be wondering why haven't you come in sooner, what have u been doing for money since u finished up your job?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I can't bear Whitney. ...like she gives a flying fck if Loopy Lee wants a divorce. It's just an excuse to run snivelling and crying into Mick's arms to slobber all over him and dribble big glistening rivulets of snot onto his lapels whilst sneakily groping and stroking his torso. I'm sick of her hanging around like a bad smell involving herself in the Carter's business and Jesus would she ever wash her hair or rinse the conditioner out of it properly ffs it's a ball of grease.
    Lauren is a beautiful girl but the top knot is very unflattering. Flat scraped back...woeful. Lazy stylists there!! Stephen is a handsome lad but boy is he a creep?! ...and a complete nuisance!.. and doesn't the chap with the glasses look like Ben went into that machine in The Fly along with some big dude and came out like that. He even talks like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Regular gig yes... He was in an episode of Holby when he was 17 and a London gangster movie a few years back (The Heavy) which amazingly didn't feature Danny Dyer. :)

:pac::pac:
    fin12 wrote: »
    Exactly and it also doesn't look good either when she does eventually go to the dole office because the people working there will be wondering why haven't you come in sooner, what have u been doing for money since u finished up your job?

Yes!! The dole office have more questions for you if you don't sign on! They assume you've been surviving on secret money that you haven't declared.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Ann22 wrote:
    I can't bear Whitney. ...like she gives a flying fck if Loopy Lee wants a divorce. It's just an excuse to run snivelling and crying into Mick's arms to slobber all over him and dribble big glistening rivulets of snot onto his lapels whilst sneakily groping and stroking his torso. I'm sick of her hanging around like a bad smell involving herself in the Carter's business and Jesus would she ever wash her hair or rinse the conditioner out of it properly ffs it's a ball of grease. Lauren is a beautiful girl but the top knot is very unflattering. Flat scraped back...woeful. Lazy stylists there!! Stephen is a handsome lad but boy is he a creep?! ...and a complete nuisance!.. and doesn't the chap with the glasses look like Ben went into that machine in The Fly along with some big dude and came out like that. He even talks like him.

Lol at the fly!!! That's exactly what he's like!

• Advertisement

Red water is starting tonight in 5 mins RTÉ 1.

Is there a thread for it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement