Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Alice1

fin12 wrote: »
    Red water is starting tonight in 5 mins RTÉ 1.

Is there a thread for it?
    G'wan Fin - create a thread and pop up a link (so I can find it)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Alice1 wrote:
    G'wan Fin - create a thread and pop up a link (so I can find it)

There's a thread about it already in the soap operas section of the TV forum

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I like Lee Ryan as Woody too and think he has good chemistry with Linda Henry who plays Shirley, just get rid of Whitney please asap

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The Writers at Eastenders seem to be wanting to push BBC's political agenda.

A few months ago there was the graffiti on The Vic door that wanted foreigners out and blamed Brexit.

Out of that came Konrad from Eastern Europe, who was a lovely guy. He did the Catering for the Vic one night at the last minute, top guy. It turned out he could fix the Pub leak at a very cheap rate too. Such a top guy. Then Mick couldnt pay him but he was a lovely guy about it. He seen Ian Beale unwell during the egg and spoon race but gave up his winning position to help Ian. Overall, just a lovely guy. How could you dislike him?

Weeks later there was the Health & Safety Inspector from Eastern Europe. A stern woman but just doing her job and gave the Vic compassion to clean up their act. A nice woman.

Today another Eastern European Woman was talking to Denise in the Dole Queue. Again, lovely woman and offered many words of consilation to Denise.

Now I havent met many people from the Slavic and Baltic countries who are not lovely people but the OTT Niceness it being done intentionally.

The Denise Story has been grinding my gears the most. They are trying to give an overdramatic display of people who are on Benefits. Fair enough most people dont want to be on benefits but this stuff has an agenda behind it.

Eastenders should not be trying to set political agendas.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I missed a bit tonight did we see Denise get to the top of the queue in the welfare office? I saw her talking to the lady in front of her but missed the next few minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

casio4 wrote: »
    I missed a bit tonight did we see Denise get to the top of the queue in the welfare office? I saw her talking to the lady in front of her but missed the next few minutes

They didnt have her details in the system as she should have applied online for an appointment. She was raging because she had rang and was told she needed to come in.

I thought Charlie loved Roxy, no mention of her only "witch" Ronnie

Did Keeble and Bryant ever apologise to Max?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The Writers at Eastenders seem to be wanting to push BBC's political agenda.

A few months ago there was the graffiti on The Vic door that wanted foreigners out and blamed Brexit.

Out of that came Konrad from Eastern Europe, who was a lovely guy. He did the Catering for the Vic one night at the last minute, top guy. It turned out he could fix the Pub leak at a very cheap rate too. Such a top guy. Then Mick couldnt pay him but he was a lovely guy about it. He seen Ian Beale unwell during the egg and spoon race but gave up his winning position to help Ian. Overall, just a lovely guy. How could you dislike him?

Weeks later there was the Health & Safety Inspector from Eastern Europe. A stern woman but just doing her job and gave the Vic compassion to clean up their act. A nice woman.

Today another Eastern European Woman was talking to Denise in the Dole Queue. Again, lovely woman and offered many words of consilation to Denise.

Now I havent met many people from the Slavic and Baltic countries who are not lovely people but the OTT Niceness it being done intentionally.

The Denise Story has been grinding my gears the most. They are trying to give an overdramatic display of people who are on Benefits. Fair enough most people dont want to be on benefits but this stuff has an agenda behind it.

Eastenders should not be trying to set political agendas.

Interesting,So are they for Brexit or against saying multiculturalism is good? Is that the point they are trying to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Tonight's episode was pretty depressing between the job centre and Michelle's interview.

Old Michelle the pre America one, used work in the pub, is that beneath her
    now :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Old Michelle the pre America one, used work in the pub, is that beneath her now

Sure they have more people behind the bar than they have propping it up at this stage!
    I thought Michelle was going shopping when she appeared in the department store, but of course nobody buys anything from a business that isn't a market stall!

dee_mc wrote: »
    Sure they have more people behind the bar than they have propping it up at this stage!
    I thought Michelle was going shopping when she appeared in the department store, but of course nobody buys anything from a business that isn't a market stall!

Maybe Vincent will employ her and Denise to help him and Tracey as Kim don't do much work in Albert

A mention of Kat tonight from Stacey that the Moons are in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Whitneys acting tonight was all about her broken nail and wishing Mick was back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

i think the writing is very sentimental and preachy sometimes. definitely agree about the agendas. Look after your health (ian) , look after the community (carmel), there's no shame in welfare (denise), no shame working a job beneath your qualifications (michelle). they seem to be going for a more ''realistic'' storyline method.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,712 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Did Ian's health story not come about because in real life Woodyat has lost a crap tonne of weight to run the London Marathon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

pjohnson wrote: »
    Did Ian's health story not come about because in real life Woodyat has lost a crap tonne of weight to run the London Marathon?

Yes. :) It's starting to become noticeable on his face now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

unreasonable behaviour? That lee has some brass balls...

Whitney stood by him through his depression while trying to deal with her miscarriage while he lied for months to her about his job/their fianances.... then he got the pub robbed and got his dad to pay off his loans... while she pawned her jewellery to help him...

seriously-balls of ****ing brass!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Whitney stood by him through his depression while trying to deal with her miscarriage while he lied for months to her about his job/their fianances.... then he got the pub robbed and got his dad to pay off his loans... while she pawned her jewellery to help him... seriously-balls of ****ing brass!!!

I like it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Whitney stood by him through his depression while trying to deal with her miscarriage while he lied for months to her about his job/their fianances.... then he got the pub robbed and got his dad to pay off his loans... while she pawned her jewellery to help him...

And he slept with Abi and contracted chlamydia!
    And he hit her!

He's got a nerve alright!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Well Whitney cheated on Lee twice, to be fair. She also piled on the pressure trying to get him to pay for an expensive wedding and apartment, whilst contributing barely anything herself. So let's not pretend she's a victim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Well Whitney cheated on Lee twice, to be fair. She also piled on the pressure trying to get him to pay for an expensive wedding and apartment, whilst contributing barely anything herself. So let's not pretend she's a victim.

Yes but she got carried away with wedding plans....
    He HIT her!

I know which I consider to be the more "unreasonable behaviour".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Really sick of the Denise storyline now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,712 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

We had an episode of Whitney loosing her mind over a broken nail.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Is Whitney supposed to look rich and classy in that getup she wore to the shopping centre because she looks the exact opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Danny Dyer's time away doesn't seem to have done him any good. He looked half cut he that final scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

They're talking about doing something no soap has ever done. So what could it be?

http://entertainment.ie/tv/news/EastEnders-have-a-game-changing-storyline-on-the-way-that-no-soap-has-ever-done/393505.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Is Whitney supposed to look rich and classy in that getup she wore to the shopping centre because she looks the exact opposite.
    I was once compared to looking like her... I saw her tonight and felt like turning the telly off I was so disgusted

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

I was once compared to looking like her... I saw her tonight and felt like turning the telly off I was so disgusted

Aw no she is v pretty. Think they just dress her badly. She has a gorgeous smile and her eyes are lovely. I would definitely take it as a compliment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Riddle101 wrote: »

"It's something only EastEnders would or could do"
    Seeing as they are London based, I'd say it could be a terrorist attack.

• Advertisement

Gulliver wrote: »
    "It's something only EastEnders would or could do"
    Seeing as they are London based, I'd say it could be a terrorist attack.

Would they have the bottle to do an ISIS recruiting terrorism attack storyline?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement