Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

doovdela wrote: »
    He said 'whether' as well I think so maybe it just a word thrown in so its still questionable.

A lot of people heard 'well that, you killed lucy' rather than 'whether you killed lucy', but just in Max's EastEnd accent 'well that' sounds a bit like 'whether'.

I've listened to it a few times and I can only hear, "Well that, you killed Lucy", which is what I heard the first time, before seeing other people had heard different variations...

Interesting that the words can be heard in different ways. 'Well that' or 'whether' was probably an adlib, so only Jake Wood himself can say exactly what he said...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Zippie84 wrote: »
    All I know is I'm getting a little wound up by people saying that it genuinely wasn't visible on their screen, and people telling them it was on theirs, and talking to them like they were thick (what does that achieve, still doesn't change the fact that the original person couldn't see it), and loads of people on facebook and twitter complaining to eastenders that they couldn't see it in the same scenes either.

That seems to be happening quite a bit lately with such minor little things (not just the hashtag, but things relating to the murder and such).

Fair enough some of us catch little details or pick up on clues because we watch every episode, but it's annoying to see others scoff at casual viewers for not knowing something or even asking a question. It happens a lot on other forums, which I don't frequent for that very reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

oooh that's interesting. they've changed the subtitles from those they have on iplayer. how strange.

not that strange. you have to remember bbc dont know who killed lucy. their subtitles are done on the live segments as per their speedy typing (voice recognition typing) .

ever watch any live programme with subtitles, the amount of errors are huge (and understandable)

he 100 % said and i sure meant to say whether.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

not that strange. you have to remember bbc dont know who killed lucy. their subtitles are done on the live segments as per their speedy typing (voice recognition typing) .

ever watch any live programme with subtitles, the amount of errors are huge (and understandable)

So who does then :eek::eek::eek:

ps can we talk about the show and not the technical things on the screen!! i understand its annoying but if you spent the episode looking out for a little hashtag trying to cop which scene is live or not you will miss a lot. And its also clogging up what is going to be a mentally crazy thread over next 4 days!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

As I mentioned earlier, yes I've watched live programmes with subtitles, but I would see this as different, as it is live but scripted so those doing subtitles aren't just all about speedy typing and voice recognition, they already know what should be said, and would, I expect, have subtitles prepared, and I still stand by my claim that for me it's strange and interesting as it suggested that Jake Wood deviated from the script.

fr336 wrote: »
    So who does then :eek::eek::eek:

the eastenders producer and a few writers. the bbc technical staff definitely dont! come on think about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Because Ian didn't say 'It's not your fault Sharon'

and Sharon didn't say 'Oh yes it is' :) ?

Was it the other way about for the benefit of the not so sharp one here :D

Ps I still think I an is guilty:)

As I mentioned earlier, yes I've watched live programmes with subtitles, but I would see this as different, as it is live but scripted so those doing subtitles aren't just all about speedy typing and voice recognition, they already know what should be said, and would, I expect, have subtitles prepared, and I still stand by my claim that for me it's strange and interesting as it suggested that Jake Wood deviated from the script.

no no, no! the scenes that are live which will be linked to the killer WILL NOT BE KNOWN TO THE BBC SUBTITLES TEAM. not a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,462 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why is Phil looking for Ian, wonder what has he to tell him?

• Advertisement

ps can we talk about the show and not the technical things on the screen!!

If I am watching eastenders and discuss what I see on my tv screen, that is me discussing the show that I'm watching. Thanks anyhow.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why is Phil looking for Ian, wonder what has he to tell him?

yep I wonder. Not seen anything at any point that gives any idea what this is, from what I remember.

lulu1 wrote: »
    Was it the other way about for the benefit of the not so sharp one here :D

Ps I still think I an is guilty:)

yep it was in the picture you were replying to.

I've no idea at this point tbh, other than those who it looks we can rule out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Thanks for the reassurance :D

I agree, people will jump down your throat online no matter what, and I'm like 'I'm the one who was looking at my tv, not you' :P And if I was the only one, rather than hundreds or more on the internet, then I'd definitely say it's just me being silly.

Doing that thing where you know you're getting wound up over something trivial, but still hard to pull back lol. :P Will get a life sometime soon.

I'm pretty much the same, I get wound up over the most trivial things, both online and IRL, but you can hardly say anything online without someone having a go or contradicting when they probably wouldn't if you were having a discussion with them in a bar...

The worst is always when for example you say something like "I really enjoyed that episode of Eastenders" only for someone to reply to you saying, "No you're wrong, it's clearly shít because none of them can act and the writer don't know how to write" and you just want to reach in through the computer and slap that person across the face, but instead you just have to take a breath, roll your eyes and realise they're an idiot because they can't grasp the concept of differening opinions...

/End Rant :D

Also, I know so much of the focus obviously on the Lucy story and the wedding, but another very stupid thing - after spending a month and a half by Ronnie's bedside and talking to her, we're expected to believe that Roxy and Charlie forgot that she may be able to hear them, and started talking in front of her about them having been together??

Especially also given that they know now that she's breathing.

Hmmmnn Eastenders :)

If I am watching eastenders and discuss what I see on my tv screen, that is me discussing the show that I'm watching. Thanks anyhow.

oh come on, no need to be smart. im just saying for the benefit of the thread. and i wasnt saying it to anyone. im not telling you what to do but i think the thread will be more enjoyable if we concentrate more on show plot. sorry for suggestion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭LiamNeeson

I am confused by the ending as I hear that Jake Wood was meant to say "Who killed Lucy", but why would that be the ending as we all knew that Lauren knew who killed Lucy last week.

By the way how do RTE work the live scenes? do they not take their usual ad break or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Also, I know so much of the focus obviously on the Lucy story and the wedding, but another very stupid thing - after spending a month and a half by Ronnie's bedside and talking to her, we're expected to believe that Roxy and Charlie forgot that she may be able to hear them, and started talking in front of her about them having been together??

Especially also given that they know now that she's breathing.

Hmmmnn Eastenders :)

Thought the exact same thing myself earlier! They say that people in comas can hear you & that's why you're supposed to talk to them, and yet they choose right by Ronnie's beside to discuss their tryst. :rolleyes:

yep I wonder. Not seen anything at any point that gives any idea what this is, from what I remember.

As long as it isn't Ben killed Lucy

Richard Blackwood's character was looking for Ronnie and Phil knew him, another Mitchell perhaps, but he isn't bald or blonde :p or could he the son of Pete or Kathy as in a half brother for Ian and/or Ben

As long as it isn't Ben killed Lucy

Richard Blackwood's character was looking for Ronnie and Phil knew him, another Mitchell perhaps, but he isn't bald or blonde :p or could he the son of Pete or Kathy as in a half brother for Ian and/or Ben

Yep agree with as long as it isn't Ben killed Lucy, but see no way that Phil would just go and tell Ian if that was the case.

Hadn't thought of that re RB's character. Might make sense if that was a connection.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭turffooter

no no, no! the scenes that are live which will be linked to the killer WILL NOT BE KNOWN TO THE BBC SUBTITLES TEAM. not a chance.

exactly. such a secretive plot script would not be risked by releasing it to anyone other than a few insiders (writers and producers) and the actors at this stage.

LiamNeeson wrote: »
    I am confused by the ending as I hear that Jake Wood was meant to say "Who killed Lucy", but why would that be the ending as we all knew that Lauren knew who killed Lucy last week.

Lauren thinks she knows, but that doesn't mean she really knows. Emma may not have even known, although had a better chance of knowing since she confronted someone who was linked to the murder.

Where did you hear that Jake Wood meant to say "Who Killed Lucy"? Unless Dominic Treadwell Collins comes out and says that Wood f**ked up the line, I wouldn't be quick to believe any other sources...

Yep agree with as long as it isn't Ben killed Lucy, but see no way that Phil would just go and tell Ian if that was the case.

Hadn't thought of that re RB's character. Might make sense if that was a connection.

Or could be Ronnie's "husband"

ShazGV wrote: »
    Thought the exact same thing myself earlier! They say that people in comas can hear you & that's why you're supposed to talk to them, and yet they choose right by Ronnie's beside to discuss their tryst. :rolleyes:

Yep. Taking the audience for fools for the sake of drama. Huh ;)

I would love a shock surprise unleaked so not spoilered return this week *coughs* Grant Mitchell back for Jane, Kathy Beale Mitchell alive, Michelle Fowler and her son Mark from Grant Mitchell

turffooter wrote: »
    exactly. such a secretive plot script would not be risked by releasing it to anyone other than a few insiders (writers and producers) and the actors at this stage.

201px-Max_Branning.jpg

"She Knows"

Abi_Branning.jpg

Knows what??

201px-Max_Branning.jpg

"Wellard and Blue Killed Lucy"

WELLARD.jpg

blue-band-blue-boyband-560082_1024_768.jpg

I would love a shock surprise unleaked so not spoilered return this week *coughs* Grant Mitchell back for Jane, Kathy Beale Mitchell alive, Michelle Fowler and her son Mark from Grant Mitchell

Paul Trueman back would be great... We never saw him die, so it could be possible...

Maybe he went into witness protection under a different name, where more recently he met Kim (because they never met previously) married her and is the father of her child... He comes back when he finds out the baby is born and reveals all to Patrick... One can only hope...

Definitely! I could actually see some shock of an unleaked shocker happening, and would be happy with most things as a good surprise except a person back from the dead lol. There's already so much unrealism and suspending belief in that one episode alone :P

• Advertisement

Paul Trueman back would be great... We never saw him die, so it could be possible...

Maybe he went into witness protection under a different name, where more recently he met Kim (because they never met previously) married her and is the father of her child... He comes back when he finds out the baby is born and reveals all to Patrick... One can only hope...

Aww and it would be Patrick's grandchild. that's a really sweet idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement