Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

One problem about tonight's episode. It was only because Jay was questioning Phil on Friday's episode that Phil spilled the beans. So why go through all of that if Phil wanted to tell Jay? Why get the alcohol out of the shop, and then guy to the Arches. Was he expecting Jay to follow? Was it all part of some grand scheme? It just seems to contract with tonight's episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,730 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Great two-hander from Jay and Phil. Jamie Borthwick is a great young actor, woefully underused in EastEnders.

I agree Jamie is a great actor but why a waste of an episode for lies, who was on the phone to Phil, was it Max?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Baybay

Ben & Jay were involved in the detail around Lucy's death so it wouldn't be surprising if Max did want to pull the Mitchells apart but what hold does he have on Phil?

Baybay wrote: »
    Ben & Jay were involved in the detail around Lucy's death so it wouldn't be surprising if Max did want to pull the Mitchells apart but what hold does he have on Phil?

Phil bribed the jury foreman to get Max found guilty

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Has to be something to do with Max.

My only problem with these Max storylines is that there is no way back for him after this. I can't see him being in Eastenders this time next year and he'll have to be gone for good or a long-long time.

Obviously stitching up Vincent will come back on him. Obviously the arson will come back on Steven or Max. Obviously the Vic isn't going to go down the drain and replaced with apartments. So he has to get caught at some stage. He can't be forgiven for all of that.

• Advertisement

Has to be something to do with Max.

My only problem with these Max storylines is that there is no way back for him after this. I can't see him being in Eastenders this time next year and he'll have to be gone for good or a long-long time.

Obviously stitching up Vincent will come back on him. Obviously the arson will come back on Steven or Max. Obviously the Vic isn't going to go down the drain and replaced with apartments. So he has to get caught at some stage. He can't be forgiven for all of that.

Jake Wood is an excellent actor, he will be big loss to the show

I would have preferred Max got his revenge legally against Beales and Phil, get DCI Marsden involved

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Was Max in EE when Jase was killed,or would he even know of him, I can't remember

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Did Max plant the drugs?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I might be alone here, but I didn't enjoy the two-hander. Terrific acting from both, particularly from Jamie Borthwick, but it felt pretty futile when it all ended up being a pack of lies. Also not nice watching Jay being put through more unnecessary crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I don't get the idea of telling Jay a pack of lies, he hasn't done anything to anybody so why would someone want to do that to him.

It's about time the guy who plays him was given a story though, he's been in the backround since the story about the underage girl which was ages ago.

Danny Dyer seems to always be centre stage giving everyone his weird side eye stare, he's completely overrated IMO.

• Advertisement

I don't get the idea of telling Jay a pack of lies, he hasn't done anything to anybody so why would someone want to do that to him.

I was reading through Jays history last night on wiki. I forgot that Jay helped Phil in shafting Max of the car lot

• Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I missed this but if its all just a pile of horses*it guess I didnt miss much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

couldnt have been a whole pack of lies phil fed jay because I am pretty sure I do remember the episode involved phil burning the car lot down with a homeless fella in one of the cars ... unless my mind went foggy and it was frank butcher who burnt it down

makes it more poignant now that episode where Max went to see Phil in hospital and said "I forgive you phil" and looked like he was not going to cause revenge at the time. - At the time of watching that episode I thought to myself that what a silly storyline that was and that no way Max would be that calm and not have any revenge against anyone who was instrumental in putting him away like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

couldnt have been a whole pack of lies phil fed jay because I am pretty sure I do remember the episode involved phil burning the car lot down with a homeless fella in one of the cars ... unless my mind went foggy and it was frank butcher who burnt it down

The fire in the carlot happened and a man did die in it. Phil is not lying about that. Frank owned the carlot and Phil burnt it down for an insurane job. Phil and Frank dealt with the guilt of it for years. Frank had a nervous breakdown.
    What he seems to be lying about is that the man that died is Jay's father.

The fire in the carlot happened and a man did die in it. Phil is not lying about that. Frank owned the carlot and Phil burnt it down for an insurane job. Phil and Frank dealt with the guilt of it for years. Frank had a nervous breakdown.
    What he seems to be lying about is that the man that died is Jay's father.

ok, so can we deduce from that, that it wasnt in fact Max that phil was talking to on the phone at the end of the show?

Could we get a visit from Jay's real dad .. or was he definitely killed? - could for some reason Phil have been talking to Jay's real dad on the phone?

Is Jay's grandfather coming back? Also is Jay's mother dead?

http://eastenders.wikia.com/wiki/The_Car_Lot_Arson_(1994)

Didn't realise how important the incident was for Phils drinking. I know he really went for it after Kathy left and tool Ben.

http://eastenders.wikia.com/wiki/The_Car_Lot_Arson_(1994)

Didn't realise how important the incident was for Phils drinking. I know he really went for it after Kathy left and tool Ben.

Interestingly the storyline about Frank Butcher going into debt is exactly the same as the Carter's storyline. The roof leaking, all the chaos that ensured. Funny how history repeats itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Keanu could do so much better than Ben

I missed a few episodes recently, and haven't caught up on all this thread, but I did think at the time when this family arrived on the street, and the mother found out that the daughter is pregnant, I was thinking that maybe Keanu is the father :eek: he or she could be a half sibbling, or not actually related, or if they are, maybe Eastenders are going to go down the incest road. I could be absolutely way off the mark (kinda hope I am!).

• Advertisement

RubyK wrote: »
    I missed a few episodes recently, and haven't caught up on all this thread, but I did think at the time when this family arrived on the street, and the mother found out that the daughter is pregnant, I was thinking that maybe Keanu is the father :eek: he or she could be a half sibbling, or not actually related, or if they are, maybe Eastenders are going to go down the incest road. I could be absolutely way off the mark (kinda hope I am!).

Keanu is not the father, one of her schoolmate is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I think keanu is just a decent kid TBH
    Did kinda think incest at the start but now, no
    He wants to look after his family I think
    He doesn't want them to be "scroungers" forever

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Keanu is not the father, one of her schoolmate is.

Ah right, that's for that. I had missed a few weeks, so that clears that up :)

is it kinda bad that i want this 'new' family to remain chav's ... I dont like this "Keanue dont want the family to carry on scrounging and wants to make the family go on the straight and narrow" storyline - where is the fun in that

, if anything I want them to be worse, to reflect a lot of families who are on the social in the UK where they are claiming this and that on the soch, getting widescreen televisions and milking the system

and they could have made the pregnant girl smoke as well (if she dont already smoke in real life just give her fake 'set' fags to puff on whilst she is pregnant .. get a few viewers riled up and get a reaction

.. I really do hope the writers dont make them change their ways making that family turn their lives around, no if anything I want the writers to make them worse - would make for more interesting (and some might say realistic) viewing

Just watching old clips of Eastenders on youtube. How many characters in this video are dead or gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

I loathe the character of Jack's kids' Nanny. She doesn't seem to get that she's an employee and he's her boss. :mad: (Yes, yes, I know the script is written for her :p).

I loathe the character of Jack's kids' Nanny. She doesn't seem to get that she's an employee and he's her boss. :mad: (Yes, yes, I know the script is written for her :p).

on the subject of her - ending up as a relationship between her and Jack do people reckon?

on the subject of her - ending up as a relationship between her and Jack do people reckon?

Well Jack is a sucker for blondes so there is a high proability they will end up in bed together.

Surely that credit card has been canceled by now? :pac:

Also a very silly decision to use that card for a flight with presumably his real name. He'll be getting a knock on the door from the police

• Advertisement

Maybe she is blonde but no Mitchell connection

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement