Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I would love a shock surprise unleaked so not spoilered return this week *coughs* Grant Mitchell back for Jane, Kathy Beale Mitchell alive, Michelle Fowler and her son Mark from Grant Mitchell

Here's the metro pondering whether Kathy is alive, and apparently the internet is awash with the suggestion: http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/17/eastenders-live-week-spoilers-is-kathy-beale-alive-what-does-phil-mitchell-need-to-tell-ian-beale-why-is-peggy-back-5067671/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,462 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paul Trueman back would be great... We never saw him die, so it could be possible...

Maybe he went into witness protection under a different name, where more recently he met Kim (because they never met previously) married her and is the father of her child... He comes back when he finds out the baby is born and reveals all to Patrick... One can only hope...

^ That would be awesome

I wouldn't mind seeing David Wicks back too

Phil swore revenge on Max for getting the Arches off him - I wonder if what he needs to tell Ian is that Max killed Lucy... just as a revenge thing...

Unlikely, but is an idea.

Zippie84 wrote: »
    Phil swore revenge on Max for getting the Arches off him - I wonder if what he needs to tell Ian is that Max killed Lucy... just as a revenge thing...

Unlikely, but is an idea.

I forgot Max still has the garage and Sharon being nice to him telling him where Lauren was :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Here's the metro pondering whether Kathy is alive, and apparently the internet is awash with the suggestion: http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/17/eastenders-live-week-spoilers-is-kathy-beale-alive-what-does-phil-mitchell-need-to-tell-ian-beale-why-is-peggy-back-5067671/

Would be great if Kathy was still alive. Maybe that's the real reason she left Hollyoaks!!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

yeah, i got a feeling its kathy, the actress really wanted back in and here is a clever way around it................

Billy in the first scene tonight trys to stop phil revealing something to ian...

"that problem is DEAD and BURIEd"

Phil replied ........

"Not for long it isn't"

Phil and Billy later discuss the same thing

Phil.... " have you seen ben is he alright???"

Billy shrugs his shoulder

Phil then responds to billy asking him "are you really going to do this"......... with "well he needs to know whats happened, doesnt he"

Billy "well you had better prepare yourself for an almighty bang."
    p
    peggy then said to phil.......... "you need to leave the past behind..

kathy was killed off in an offscreen carcrash. with her boyfriend. phil went over to take home ben. phil was the only person who saw the "body"

100 per cent its kathy!!

Billy "well you had better prepare yourself for an almighty bang."

I don't know. I'd have quite mixed feelings about it, never a huge fan of dead characters coming back, and there's obviously so much else happening this week already. My gut instinct is that I wouldn't like to see it happening.

Interesting from Gillian Taylforth

https://twitter.com/GTaylforthUK/status/567396254469337088

the most interesting thing about this tweet is that Gillian refers to herself in the third person and cannot spell her own name!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

That's a fanpage for Gillian not herself.

It worked (just about) with Dirty Den. Why would Kathy never get in touch with her family? She wouldn't be able to live with herself with all this time.

fr336 wrote: »

It worked (just about) with Dirty Den. Why would Kathy never get in touch with her family? She wouldn't be able to live with herself with all this time.

Yep I'd noticed that earlier, always refers to her in the third party, talking about her being smoking hot for 60 etc.

Was also very clear it was not her when it RTed a link saying she'd been charged with drink driving :D

Yes, I just can't see it, especially staying away from contact with Ben, not seeing him grow up, etc

Did Ian not bring back Kathy's body to be buried or cremated in Walford?

• Advertisement

fr336 wrote: »

ah, i know i was only joking as the poster said "interesting from Gillian!" I think this thread needs some light humour after Subtitlegate!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'd actually love to see Nigel return at some point, but I think the actor who played him is in Holby City or Casualty or something these days...

Also Peggy to Phil......

"Have you thought about whats gonna happen when Sharon finds out? This just doesn't effect you you know, you should leave the past behind you."

I'd actually love to see Nigel return at some point, but I think the actor who played him is in Holby City or Casualty or something these days...

Oooh yes, based on my age and limited access to BBC stations growing up, it was early - mid 90s before I got to see Eastenders and he was one of the original characters for me. Love to see him back.

Kathy killed Lucy

Oooh yes, based on my age and limited access to BBC stations growing up, it was early - mid 90s before I got to see Eastenders and he was one of the original characters for me. Love to see him back.

Likewise. I remember being drawn to the character because of his hair and colourful outfits, but he was just a good bloke in general.

Paul Bradley who played Nigel is in Holby City now, has been for many years, Nigel was good mates with Grant and lived with Dot wasn't he?

Paul Bradley who played Nigel is in Holby City now, has been for many years, Nigel was good mates with Grant and lived with Dot wasn't he?

I don't remember whether he lived with Dot, but definitely best mates with Grant.

I don't remember whether he lived with Dot, but definitely best mates with Grant.

I remember his daughter visited Dot (she was evil Claire in Hollyoaks) and had a fling with Bradley

I remember his daughter visited Dot (she was evil Claire in Hollyoaks) and had a fling with Bradley

yeah, if I remember correctly when she returned to eastenders she was also pretty nasty and gold-digging there too wasn't she? quite a transformation from her sweet little girl original character.

• Advertisement

yeah, if I remember correctly when she returned to eastenders she was also pretty nasty and gold-digging there too wasn't she? quite a transformation from her sweet little girl original character.

I think EE wanted her to play the same character she played in Hollyoaks who was a very popular villain at the time and it failed

and just one more thing on kathy comeback... just looked at ian and sharon scene again

ian and sharon sitting on bench subtly bringing up the point that they are both ORPHANS out of nowhere................

we already know sharons biological mother is coming in, i think it is a good shot that kathy will be back for the duf duf duf duf moment come tomorrow night now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

I'll be sure to watch it on BBC tomorrow, started watching it on rte this evening and they messed up the start, then decided to watch it on the RTE player this evening as i wasn't sure how much, if any, i had missed after switching to BBC.

There are a few scenes/bits of scenes missing on RTE player, only got 11 minutes into it and they messed up the pub scene with Mick and Peggy, the scene where Max goes to Ian's to ask if anyone has seen Lauren isn't shown and the beginning of scene in the hairdressers is missing too - i turned it off after that! I Feel sorry for anyone who had planned to watch it on the RTE player because they have well and truly stuffed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I've got the jazzy version of the theme tune stuck in my head :eek: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Yes, I just can't see it, especially staying away from contact with Ben, not seeing him grow up, etc
    Oh come on man, it's obvious..

Kathy's husband (Gavin Sullivan) was a wrong'un (most likely on the run from the provos after they uncovered that he was in fact a British Spy) and so in fear for their lives they decided to fake their deaths to stop attempts at assassinating him (the car crash could have been just the latest attempt in a long line of them, she was gone for over seven years after all). Obviously they would have felt the next assassination attempt could easily result in Ben being killed and Kathy wouldn't have wanted that.

So, Kathy contacts Phil telling him what's going on. He flips out fearing for Ben's life but knowing he too is a wrong'un, that he still loves her and would do anything for her (he was in tears at the airport when she left - video below) Kathy decides to him that Gavin has arranged to stage a car crash and fake their deaths in order to protect Ben and that he must go along with it or her life (and possibly Ben's) would be in serious danger down the line. He agrees.

Now it's ten years later and Gavin Sullivan has really died (peanut allergy) and so she has contacted Phil and tells him that it's over, no need to keep the secret anymore and she wants to know how her sweet little Ben is (video below to show how sweet Ben was before Phil and Stella wrapped the poor kid's head). Phil is relieved as the weight of this secret is really what drove him to smoke crack back in 2005-06.

To support my hypothesis here I submit the following:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Over in the DS forum
    people seem to be sure now that it was Bobby who murdered Lucy by accident, with Jane covering it up.

Key parts of the theory would be the fact that Jane got him away from Walford in the immediate aftermath, and that the character was recast with a west end actor. It would also explain why Summerhayes was so hesitant to shop the 'murderer' after meeting them I.e. Jane explaining the tragedy behind it.

My only problem with the theory is that I don't think Jane could be callous enough to do dump her daughter in law's body outside, or that I kid would be able to keep it to himself.

Oh come on man, it's obvious..

I'm not a man.

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Over in the DS forum
    people seem to be sure now that it was Bobby who murdered Lucy by accident, with Jane covering it up.

Key parts of the theory would be the fact that Jane got him away from Walford in the immediate aftermath, and that the character was recast with a west end actor. It would also explain why Summerhayes was so hesitant to shop the 'murderer' after meeting them I.e. Jane explaining the tragedy behind it.

My only problem with the theory is that I don't think Jane could be callous enough to do dump her daughter in law's body outside, or that I kid would be able to keep it to himself.

I get where they are coming from, but there'd be several other aspects that don't add up.

I also think that it would be normal for a mother to try to take her son away from such a situation. I would also see Jane as the type of character who, if Bobby accidentally killed Lucy, not being upfront about it, and her then dumping the body, the murder investigation and all that came with it, would realise that this would be even more traumatising for the lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Well Emma did say to the tree in the park "It's still murder." So that should rule out an accidental death.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Well Emma did say to the tree in the park "It's still murder." So that should rule out an accidental death.

I would have thought that her saying that "it's still murder" would indeed suggest it was an accident, at least from the perp's point of view.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement