Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    real-life siblings Tom and Alfie Jacobs play brothers Riley and Chatham, who both have learning difficulties

thanks, interesting they are brothers in real life , Learning difficulties IRL or is it just that they are supposed to have learning difficulties for the roles in the show?

EDIT: - I just looked it up - yes they have Learning Difficulties IRL and they are both playing characters in the show as having Learning difficulties - its a little bit of a shame they didnt class them as having autism or aspergers - is there actually any soap on TV at the moment with Autistic children on it at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

<snip> I just looked it up - yes they have Learning Difficulties IRL and they are both playing characters in the show as having Learning difficulties - its a little bit of a shame they didnt class them as having autism or aspergers - is there actually any soap on TV at the moment with Autistic children on it at the moment?

Jules Robertson of Holby has Asperger's/Autistic.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/46HqQ1lFyX8mV0qTt8BKThm/a-new-beginning

yes I see that. - is Holby classed as a soap though? - I would call it a drama myself .. I was especially thinking has a soap like EE or Corrie got anyone with Autism/Aspergers? - how about emmerdale? although I havent sat down and watched emmerdale for years now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Well Kush is def gonna die now! It'd just be tragic enough for EE!

nikkibikki wrote: »
    Well Kush is def gonna die now! It'd just be tragic enough for EE!

so, is it cardiac arrest because of all his training and steroid use? (if he was on them) - where I used to live in the UK there was a young lad (very fit fella, always running) only 26 dropped dead whilst running. he had cardiac arrest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Why does Linda grimace so much? She has a hard face on her most of the time, makes her look older and imo also makes her and Mr babyface east end dude Dyer a bit more of a mismatch. I would picture him with a young one the likes of the people we see on TOWIE. Good characters but imo they don't look like a couple.
    Please don't let Kush die. He's such a grand chap. Dineeze proposed there clearly thinking he was on his way across the rainbow bridge. LOl! Wait'll we see her face when he pulls though:D.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

What tripe this crap about Ted and Joyce is, seriously does anybody care?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

so, is it cardiac arrest because of all his training and steroid use? (if he was on them) - where I used to live in the UK there was a young lad (very fit fella, always running) only 26 dropped dead whilst running. he had cardiac arrest.

No he had a cardiac arrest because of a genetic heart condition.

No he had a cardiac arrest because of a genetic heart condition.

ah right i see , didnt know someone in his family had problem with their heart

I do think Linda 'over-acts' quite a lot sometimes. I know a lot of people really like her but I don't rate her much as an actress - yep, i must agree they seem a bit of a mis-match her and danny dyer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I do think Linda 'over-acts' quite a lot sometimes. I know a lot of people really like her but I don't rate her much as an actress - yep, i must agree they seem a bit of a mis-match her and danny dyer

I seem to remember a lot of people praising her for her work during her rape storyline. People on here thought she did a great job. I think she is a fine actress when it counts anyway. But her storylines always seem so miserable that it's like all we ever see is angry or sad Linda. I think Eastenders needs some happy storylines to balance out the miserable state of affairs everyone is in all the time. Perhaps they could do something with Linda to give us a feel good storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

What tripe this crap about Ted and Joyce is, seriously does anybody care?

I know. I think because the characters themselves aren't that likable it's very hard to feel sorry for them....I don't like them in it at all!
    Much preferred Les and birdie!

I miss Pam and Les

ah right i see , didnt know someone in his family had problem with their heart

It is only coming to light now because of Kush's cardiac arrest.

Might not have been because of over training or steroid use. Could easily have been an undiagnosed condition such as Kush's or something like Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I agree re: Linda's narky face.
    She does go around with a face like a slapped ar*e. I can't remember the last time she was given a happy storyline.
    Too much doom and gloom is hard to watch.

Ted and Joyce are probably the most unlikeable couple ever.
    She is so wooden and has no charisma and he just irritates me.

nikkibikki wrote: »
    Might not have been because of over training or steroid use. Could easily have been an undiagnosed condition such as Kush's or something like Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy.

It was on last nights show. He was diagnosed with a genetic heart condition called Brugada syndrome. He was brought to surgery to have a pacemaker fitted.

It was on last nights show. He was diagnosed with a genetic heart condition called Brugada syndrome. He was brought to surgery to have a pacemaker fitted.

I was talking about the guy referenced in the post quoted that the poster knew who died?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Was it a pacemaker? I thought he was getting an internal defibrillator? One of those things that shocks your heart if it stops.

Ann22 wrote: »
    Was it a pacemaker? I thought he was getting an internal defibrillator? One of those things that shocks your heart if it stops.

I think they are the same thing.

"If your arrhythmia is serious, you may need a cardiac pacemaker or an implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD). They are devices that are implanted in your chest or abdomen. They use electrical pulses to prompt the heart to beat at a normal rate."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

I think they are the same thing.

"If your arrhythmia is serious, you may need a cardiac pacemaker or an implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD). They are devices that are implanted in your chest or abdomen. They use electrical pulses to prompt the heart to beat at a normal rate."

They are different things though some devices can do both for patients that need both.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/healthlibrary/amp/conditions/adult/cardiovascular_diseases/overview_of_pacemakers_and_implantable_cardioverter_defibrillators_icds_85,P00234

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

A defibrillator won't restart a heart that has stopped, it will only try to shock a heart that's gone into an irregular rhythm back into a regular rhythm. Don't know how relevant that fun fact is.

A defibrillator won't restart a heart that has stopped, it will only try to shock a heart that's gone into an irregular rhythm back into a regular rhythm. Don't know how relevant that fun fact is.

well its interesting to me because I thought a Defib did start a heart that had stopped

Nah Andy, a defibrillator sends an electric current to try to knock your heart back into a regular rhythm. (It won't work for any and all kinds of arrhythmia, but you'd have to ask an expert for specifics there.)

If your heart is already okay defibrillation would knock it off rhythm. You see all the tv docs yell 'clear!' before sending the charge? That's coz if you're touching the patient the current will go through to you and you'll be patient #2!

well its interesting to me because I thought a Defib did start a heart that had stopped

It can't restart a dead persons heart, ie a flatlined but it can shock an irregular heartbeat or spasming heart.

A heart attack isn't the heart actually stopping it's when it kinda spasms similar to a cramp, using the defibrillator stops the cramp and shocks it back into a normal rhythm - well that's how it was explained to me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

It can't restart a dead persons heart, ie a flatlined but it can shock an irregular heartbeat or spasming heart.

A heart attack isn't the heart actually stopping it's when it kinda spasms similar to a cramp, using the defibrillator stops the cramp and shocks it back into a normal rhythm - well that's how it was explained to me!!

What's used to start a hearts that's stopped beating?

CPR - in a nutshell. Chest compression to encourage the heart to start beating again because the heart is a pump, its job is to get your blood moving, both carrying oxygen around your body and carrying carbon dioxide back out.

With CPR what you're trying to do is get the heart pumping (beating) in order to get the blood flowing so it can carry the oxygen that's on the red blood cells to the brain. If the heart is stopped the brain isn't getting oxygen and you want your brain to be without oxygen for as short a time as possible.

CPR is just a temporary get-the-heart-going manoeuvre. If something has happened that has left you in need of CPR it's almost certain that you're going to need further medical intervention. But what form that takes will vary depending on the patient and the situation.

There, a little Sunday night cardiology talk to round off the weekend.

And going back to eastenders digital spy has a spoiler about what happens to kush - I don't know how to do spoiler tags so didn't want to post!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,726 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Could this be why his child with Mas daughter died and will Arthur need to be checked too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

its gone a bit too miserable

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement