Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,723 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Sonia keep the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

if that money was left in a will to sonia and the lady was in good state of mind when she made that will that son has no chance of getting his hands on any of that money.

However in Ireland law the son could contest the will - I dunno whether that's the case these days still but I think thats how it used to be, especially with a son

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

well she dont know any of that ... why did she dump him? - just because he was coming on strong and being insistent? - I mean one minute she fancied the pants off him and in a short amount of time she warned him not to get in touch ever again and then like immediately started going on a dating site! - weird!

He wasn't taking no for an answer! That's not exactly a likeable trait. Her reaction isn't a bit weird!

I'm beginning to think you are trolling here Andy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Ann22 wrote: »
    Great relationship Sonia has with her daughter there. Bex actually believes she swindled the auld one out of her money...and Dot too! I'm not her biggest fan but I wouldn't think that for a minute.
    Another demonic child in the making... Lily being the likely guilty party. Arthur will be taken into care perhaps to Carmel and Kush's.. and Lily too, maybe.

Yeah, but Sonia basically bullied her way into getting a room in Dot's house and then wanted to move her brother and daughter in too - all while Dot wasn't in the best of health to decide otherwise. She then wanted to get power of attorney over Dot.

I think she did the same to that dude's mother. She's a snake... :D

nikkibikki wrote: »
    He wasn't taking no for an answer! That's not exactly a likeable trait. Her reaction isn't a bit weird!

eh? ! :eek:

• Advertisement

He wasn't taking no for an answer!...

just explain to me - she had really fallen for him then all of a sudden for no reason just quickly (unless I missed an episode or 2) said "I dont want to see you any more!" - whats she dump him for, because he was getting too heavy? - did she think he was 'stalker'ish? - I must of missed something here -as far as she know she never see him get violent with anyone (or did she? was that an episode or episodes I missed?)

So, (and my courting days have long gone) if a couple are going out and the fella gets a bit 'intense' is he automatically weird and a stalker? - could it not be that he really really fancied the pants off her and didnt want the relationship to end without really trying hard to save it. - we are not talking rape where a woman say's "no!" and the bloke goes ahead, thats a totally different kettle of fish and of course if a woman says in that situation NO and the fella carries on then yes thats not acceptable.

But when someones going out together and everything is fine on both sides like they were and the fella gets dumped like that with no reason, whats he supposed to do , just give up .. and not even get a full explanation what she wants to break up with him? - i did not see any lead up to what he had done apart from being nice to her and buy her flowers and take her out for drinks - of course we the viewers know he is crazy as bat**** and a stalker.. but she didnt know that (although she will find out soon!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

just explain to me - she had really fallen for him then all of a sudden for no reason just quickly (unless I missed an episode or 2) said "I dont want to see you any more!" - whats she dump him for, because he was getting too heavy? - did she think he was 'stalker'ish? - I must of missed something here -as far as she know she never see him get violent with anyone (or did she? was that an episode or episodes I missed?)

So, (and my courting days have long gone) if a couple are going out and the fella gets a bit 'intense' is he automatically weird and a stalker? - could it not be that he really really fancied the pants off her and didnt want the relationship to end without really trying hard to save it. - we are not talking rape where a woman say's "no!" and the bloke goes ahead, thats a totally different kettle of fish and of course if a woman says in that situation NO and the fella carries on then yes thats not acceptable.

But when someones going out together and everything is fine on both sides like they were and the fella gets dumped like that with no reason, whats he supposed to do , just give up .. and not even get a full explanation what she wants to break up with him? - i did not see any lead up to what he had done apart from being nice to her and buy her flowers and take her out for drinks - of course we the viewers know he is crazy as bat**** and a stalker.. but she didnt know that (although she will find out soon!)

Andy, he was very insistent about meeting up with her when she was going through a difficult family time and, to use your term, 'wouldn't take no for an answer' when she explained that it wasn't the right time for her to be dating. That was a major red flag. Lots of messages, turning up unannounced etc - more red flags. Those aren't the actions of a guy who just fancies a woman, they're signs that the guy is a bit too intense, a bit too invested in a very new relationship, and incapable of seeing that sometimes family trumps that new relationship. On the face of it, being keen and sending flowers etc are lovely traits, but all together and in the circumstances point to someone who's a bit unstable and stalkerish. Of course we, the viewers, have seen that he's also got anger issues and a violent side, as well as being fixated and appearing to want to replace his dead wife with this woman he barely knows as the object of his affection/fixation.
    I also thought you had to be trolling when you made your post about him seeming like a nice guy, I think you also commented something to the effect that at her stage in life she should be glad of the attention? Maybe you did miss a scene or two, because he's been a good bit past 'keen' for a while now!

I don't think she had fallen for him, liked him maybe. The reason she dumped him was coz she didn't want to see him anymore. She doesn't need more reason than that! He doesn't have to have "done" anything to her in order for her feelings for him not to develop. He kept turning up and calling to the house when she said she was caught up with family stuff. If that's not a bit OTT, a huge red flag and a turn off, then I dunno what is.

No he's not automatically a stalker or weird. That comes if he doesn't leave her alone when she asks him to! If she says she's feeling it a bit too intense, he needs to back off a bit.

They weren't any where near serious enough to warrant a big explanation! They were only on, 5 dates maybe? Everything obviously wasn't ok from her side otherwise she wouldn't have dumped him! Yes those gifts might be deemed as being nice to her but this is attention she doesn't want from him which she has repeatedly told him. Yes a guy/girl is supposed to give up, or respect the wishes of the other person is another way of putting it. Especially if they've been told more than once.

I don't think she had fallen for him, liked him maybe. The reason she dumped him was coz she didn't want to see him anymore. She doesn't need more reason than that! He doesn't have to have "done" anything to her in order for her feelings for him not to develop. He kept turning up and calling to the house when she said she was caught up with family stuff. If that's not a bit OTT, a huge red flag and a turn off, then I dunno what is.

No he's not automatically a stalker or weird. That comes if he doesn't leave her alone when she asks him to! If she says she's feeling it a bit too intense, he needs to back off a bit.

They weren't any where near serious enough to warrant a big explanation! They were only on, 5 dates maybe? Everything obviously wasn't ok from her side otherwise she wouldn't have dumped him! Yes those gifts might be deemed as being nice to her but this is attention she doesn't want from him which she has repeatedly told him. Yes a guy/girl is supposed to give up, or respect the wishes of the other person is another way of putting it. Especially if they've been told more than once.

OK thanks for explaining it - so last week she said to him "feck off I am going through a family crisis and your being too intense and you wont take no for an answer!" - and this week she has been on a dating site and gone out with a bloke already and has "fallen for him and texting him like mad , but he not answering now" - so she not getting the message now? ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

OK thanks for explaining it - so last week she said to him "feck off I am going through a family crisis and your being too intense and you wont take no for an answer!" - and this week she has been on a dating site and gone out with a bloke already and has "fallen for him and texting him like mad , but he not answering now" - so she not getting the message now? ...

It wasn't last week she told him she wasn't interested, it was a month ago and he has continued to message/ring/send her gifts. She went on a few dates with him, wasn't feeling it so she ended it. As she has every right to do.

With regard to the man she met the other night, she hasn't fallen for him and been texting him like mad. They got on well on the date and she text him once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Stacey took the batteries out of the smoke alarm... I suspect a fire in the near future!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

poor Arthurs in bits God love him

ah right i watched tonight and yer man sent her a piece of garment with perfume on it ... now that is weird off the scale!! :eek:

i bet he is something more than a stalker though. havent read any spoilers on it but I bet there is more to it. Maybe friend of her ex's or something - I dunno, but I am getting a feeling its not just your average stalker

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

It's obvious Lily is behind the bruises on Arthur and if so, how has Stacey not noticed them?

fussyonion wrote: »
    It's obvious Lily is behind the bruises on Arthur and if so, how has Stacey not noticed them?

Yes how has Stacey, Martin or Bex not noticed the bruises, I want Jean to come visit, Stacey needs her mum

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Andy s not a Troll, he's on loads of other soap thread.

Labelling someone a troll just because they have a different opinion to u.. FS.

fussyonion wrote: »

It's possible the bruises are from Arthur's time in hospital where they would have taken blood samples and had him on a drip. Anytime I've been in hospital I come out with multiple bruises on both arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

It's possible the bruises are from Arthur's time in hospital where they would have taken blood samples and had him on a drip. Anytime I've been in hospital I come out with multiple bruises on both arms.

They would be seriously bad at cannula insertion to leave him in that state !
    The bruising was on the outside of his arms not inside where cannulas would be inserted .
    I hope its not Lily , I am strangly fond of Lily

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    They would be seriously bad at cannula insertion to leave him in that state !
    The bruising was on the outside of his arms not inside where cannulas would be inserted .
    I hope its not Lily , I am strangly fond of Lily

who is lily's father in the soap? - she has a look of indian/asian/pakistani to her i think - is she meant to be martin's?

who is lily's father in the soap? - she has a look of indian/asian/pakistani to her i think - is she meant to be martin's?

Ryan is, he was married to Janine and is Whitney's brother

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ryan is, he was married to Janine and is Whitney's brother

ah right - fella who broke out of prison last year or something wasnt he? - hes not asian though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

I find Stacey utterly unlikable this year. Her attitude towards Martin regarding him not caring about the other kids as much as the one on the way was disgusting. Likewise, her tirade to the nurse about "do you have kids?" was equally vile.

Last year's writing was good and you always had sympathy for her no matter how bad she got. However this year she's apparently saying all these nasty things whilst not having an episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Think lily's dad is Ryan(whitney's brother)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

And the little actress that plays Lily is Aine Garvey... Off to Fair City with you with a name like that young lady. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

zoe 3619 wrote: »
    Think lily's dad is Ryan(whitney's brother)
    Yep, Ryan Malloy.

fin12 wrote:
    Labelling someone a troll just because they have a different opinion to u.. FS.

I didn't label him a troll! Just said I was beginning to think he might be, and I wasn't the only one! I've engaged with him plenty since then and I wouldn't have if I thought he was. I felt his comments might be enticing a reaction (typical troll behaviour) but it seems he was just genuinely curious and asking questions, many of which I've answered. If anything, it means I am just too cynical! I'm not on any other soap threads so I wouldn't have known he was on other soap threads. Only have time to watch the one! I don't know him from Adam so our differing opinions are of no consequence to me, or Andy I would say!

Now, back to EE. I don't trust Carmel at all. She's keeping Stacey close to keep an eye on her. I reckon a previous poster is right, can't remember who, sorry. It's Lilly that gave him bruises and the meds. Inherited bipolar maybe?

loud mouth karen Taylor (Lorraine Stanley) as Thelma Bragg the mother of 14 year old Star that Jay slept with...

carmel be happy - they had a moment or 2 didnt they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

carmel be happy - they had a moment or 2 didnt they?

I suppose he'll be there to pick up the pieces when Max exacts his revenge (can't imagine Max being too happy with the way she's doubting and undermining Stacey, Carmel could be in trouble too!) but there's nothing to suggest Masood's return will be permanent or even longterm - I wonder how long his contract is for, as the article linked above mentions that he's back to 'introduce new family members' - I'd love if he was back longer term but I fear it could be temporary

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement