Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    And the nurse breezing in " Oh you are awake " and breezing back out again !! :D:D:D:D

Sure Jane asked her to show Max out... :D
    Much more important than anything medical that might need doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,715 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does anyone else think that Carmel's other son will somehow get together with the other daughter of the bra strap mother family? and where are they both?

Do you mean the older children, Chantelle is one?

The new family Taylors are the best part of show for me lately

Martin needs to contact Jean, Mo and Kat, Stacey needs them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

LynnGrace wrote:
    Exactly what I thought. She looked perfectly made up - especially for someone who was in a coma for weeks. And her hair was perfect too.

I thought she looked like a regular person who's been lying in bed for ages. She's a bit brown aright but her hair's all over the place. Perfect?? Dunno about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Great. More misery involving babies. What spite do EE writers have against reproduction?

I want my misery in adult-sized containers please - leave the kids alone. Kids are low hanging fruit to elicit an emotional response from the audience and lazy writing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Gulliver wrote: »
    Great. More misery involving babies. What spite do EE writers have against reproduction?

I want my misery in adult-sized containers please - leave the kids alone. Kids are low hanging fruit to elicit an emotional response from the audience and lazy writing.

It's like the writers of the show flip a coin to determine how the baby will turn out. If it comes up heads then it's a happy pregnancy. If it comes up tails, then something bad will happen.

Must be very confusing living in soapland...how do people remember what lies they have told! :D

Ann22 wrote: »
    I thought she looked like a regular person who's been lying in bed for ages. She's a bit brown aright but her hair's all over the place. Perfect?? Dunno about that.

You are right! I'm just catching up, and it does look more realistic than I thought, for someone who has been in a coma for, I think, weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Riddle101 wrote: »
    It's like the writers of the show flip a coin to determine how the baby will turn out. If it comes up heads then it's a happy pregnancy. If it comes up tails, then something bad will happen.
    Heads - baby lives but we'll kill/maim/traumatise someone else in the family. Tails - baby dies and we'll kill/maim/traumatise someone else in the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Mrself

Whats wrong with Stacys baby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I am beyond sick of Stacey and her miserable face. Do the writers intend on giving her sad storylines forever?

Why the hell is she refusing to see her child and why is she taking it out on Martin? She's a real catch, isn't she?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I am beyond sick of Stacey and her miserable face. Do the writers intend on giving her sad storylines forever?

Why the hell is she refusing to see her child and why is she taking it out on Martin? She's a real catch, isn't she?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Mrself wrote: »

I thought i missed something too . Ok she is prem but only 7/8 weeks early ? Why is Staceys saying she would swop her ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Did we miss another episode?

Martin let Carmel help with Lily :eek:

Michelle changed phones with has Tom's name and number saved and he has her new number :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Mrself wrote: »
    the nurse came out to Martin and said you have a baby girl but you need to come with me right now, Martin was distracted by something and the nurse said a second time you need to come to the baby now which I thought ok something must be up with this baby, then tonight Stacey saying she would swap her means she has been told there is something up with baby Fowler :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Maybe Stacey is also suffering from Postpartum depression. It might explain why she said she would swap the baby. I can't be too sure about that, but it seems weird that she would say that about her baby.

It's common for people who give birth to premature babies and/or babies with complex issues to feel like they want to swap them/give them back etc etc. More often than not it's not what they really think it's just that they're scared of the unknown that's before them and are panicking.

It could be postpartum depression but it could just be nerves also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

January wrote:
    It's common for people who give birth to premature babies and/or babies with complex issues to feel like they want to swap them/give them back etc etc. More often than not it's not what they really think it's just that they're scared of the unknown that's before them and are panicking.

Plus she is worried about passing on the bipolar to her kids.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Martin let Carmel help with Lily :eek:

Michelle changed phones with has Tom's name and number saved and he has her new number :rolleyes:

doesn't some contacts save to the sim?

• Advertisement

January wrote: »

It could be postpartum depression but it could just be nerves also.

Did anyone say the baby had complex issues ? I thought I might have missed something ? As she is 32 weeks gestation she should in theory be doing ok

doesn't some contacts save to the sim?

I thought Michelle got a new phone and sim so new number so Tom could not contact her

Did anyone say the baby had complex issues ? I thought I might have missed something ? As she is 32 weeks gestation she should in theory be doing ok

I'm not sure because it seems like we may have missed something, at the end of Mondays episode Martin was taken aside by the nurse to talk about the baby but they never said what was wrong and then Stacy is lying in bed talking about people wishing they could give their baby back because they had some terrible disease.

January wrote: »
    I'm not sure because it seems like we may have missed something, at the end of Mondays episode Martin was taken aside by the nurse to talk about the baby but they never said what was wrong and then Stacy is lying in bed talking about people wishing they could give their baby back because they had some terrible disease.

Thanks . I thought maybe I missed something .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I thought at the end of Mondays episode that the baby was fine but that Stacey was in danger, saying something about losing a lot of blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

32 weeks is quite early, still early enough for lots of complications. 35 or 36 might be less dramatic but 32 is still quite premature.

32 weeks is quite early, still early enough for lots of complications. 35 or 36 might be less dramatic but 32 is still quite premature.

Early enough but no one has yet actually said if the baby has compliactions .? So its strange without a reason ( that we know of ) that Stacey seemed so withdrawn . But its a Soap so it has to have drama !

Jane waking from her coma was the funniest thing too ! Coma for 6 weeks , eyes open and up she hops !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Early enough but no one has yet actually said if the baby has compliactions .? So its strange without a reason ( that we know of ) that Stacey seemed so withdrawn . But its a Soap so it has to have drama !

Jane waking from her coma was the funniest thing too ! Coma for 6 weeks , eyes open and up she hops !!

We need a hospital like that here. Janes miracle recovery. Stacey in ICU and then next episode sitting up in bed back to her whining ways! Louise gets badly burnt and not a mention since. Kush and Carmel up and about in no time. Baby Arthur in and out not a bother

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Baybay

When Wilmot Brown was talking to Max in the boardroom, did anyone else get the impression when he mentioned Nemesis that it might be another party in the revenge plan or was that just me? I haven't had a chance to rewatch it to see what I'd think second time round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

what the hell - how did Ian round up them nurses like that. Is he some kind of Manager of the NHS on the side or important consultant doctor ? - that was silly that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement