Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I love Eastenders but I have to say, the whole heist episode was a load of oul ****e.
    I found it surprising to hear Aidan saying the phrase "tits up" and Ciara saying "not the only stiff in the room" and talking about getting a ride.
    I'm not a prude; in fact I always felt soaps should use phrases and language you would normally find in day to day life, but why has EE suddenly decided to start using it? It seemed weird.

I couldn't keep up with last night's episode at all.
    Like, where the hell is Tanya? It's so unrealistic she'd stay away this long.
    Why does Max seem so uninterested in staying by Abi's side and why has nobody made the effort to visit Abi?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Trust Billy to mess things up. Did he accidentally send out the wrong coffin? Are we to expect them to go grave digging next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

fussyonion wrote: »
    I love Eastenders but I have to say, the whole heist episode was a load of oul ****e.
    I found it surprising to hear Aidan saying the phrase "tits up" and Ciara saying "not the only stiff in the room" and talking about getting a ride.
    I'm not a prude; in fact I always felt soaps should use phrases and language you would normally find in day to day life, but why has EE suddenly decided to start using it? It seemed weird.

I couldn't keep up with last night's episode at all.
    Like, where the hell is Tanya? It's so unrealistic she'd stay away this long.
    Why does Max seem so uninterested in staying by Abi's side and why has nobody made the effort to visit Abi?

I agree. And I notice these phrases are being used by the Irish characters only, which IMO, raises a few questions re perceptions of the Irish, by the scriptwriters.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I agree. And I notice these phrases are being used by the Irish characters only, which IMO, raises a few questions re perceptions of the Irish, by the scriptwriters.

I noticed that too and the Irish speech Aidan threw in was ( if I understood it rightly ) insulting the English which bugged me too . There is no need for stereotypes . Mind you I am sure the genuine East End people cringe at Cockney Mick too !!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I was expecting the man that asked Aiden to say a few words over his mother in laws body to turn around and say what did you just say in Irish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

LynnGrace wrote: »

Actions speak louder than words, doesn't apply to Eastenders or does it ? A couple of weeks ago Carmelle appeared on screen complete with basque in front of her son looking like she just finished the graveyard shift at the local knocking shop. Who would have found this offensive ?

In the last few days Kush being ridden by Denise in a playful manner down the corridor arrive in the living room semi-naked and are met by his mother and brother, both looking genuinely shocked.

Maybe I'm just an old fuddy duddy but does anyone else think EE are on the wrong track and need to get back to good storylines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Trust Billy to mess things up. Did he accidentally send out the wrong coffin? Are we to expect them to go grave digging next.

Probably to the crematorium, just as the coffin and money turn to ashes...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

EastEnders has turned into a Carry on film. Digging up graves!!! Ridiculous. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

They seem to be playing the thick mick stereotype a bit the last few episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Who's writing this mess :eek:

• Advertisement

What a load of sh!te .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The RTE warning was the best part of that.

I need support after watching grave robbers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

all that for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 23,697 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

They seem to be playing the thick mick stereotype a bit the last few episodes.

Stereotype?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

A real Irish funeral with white horses and bagpipes. Puh-leeze!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

A real Irish funeral with white horses and bagpipes. Puh-leeze!! :rolleyes:

I know. I asked my OH when was the last time you seen horses and bagpipes at a funeral. Him: "Never".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

EastEnders has turned into a Carry on film. Digging up graves!!! Ridiculous. :mad:
    They were like the 6 Stooges. I expected them to run into each other with a bowling sound effect at the end.

Don't forget... someone was paid to write this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I know. I asked my OH when was the last time you seen horses and bagpipes at a funeral. Him: "Never".

I've seen horses and a carriage at a traveller funeral but only once. I have heard quite a few bagpipes played at funerals although I would've thought traditionally scottish not irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Ann22 wrote: »
    I've seen horses and a carriage at a traveller funeral but only once. I have heard quite a few bagpipes played at funerals although I would've thought traditionally scottish not irish.

Same here with the horses at traveller funerals but I have heard uillean pipes being played at funerals here before. :)

this heist storyline is so confusing, bet Mel has the money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Glad Eastenders is not on tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why does everyone want Max to pull the plug on Abi when her mother is still missing, was Abi that much hated by all and why is Josh allowed in to Abi's room he is not friend or family, is his dad James and brother Luke dead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Tanya won't be coming back, her filming schedule clashed with this Eastenders story line. So they made some bull**** excuse that she went off the rails. Should have had her for the whole storyline or not at all.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why does everyone want Max to pull the plug on Abi when her mother is still missing, was Abi that much hated by all and why is Josh allowed in to Abi's room he is not friend or family, is his dad James and brother Luke dead?

Because she is brain stem dead . Abi is only alive because a machine is inflating her lungs . Her brain is dead and people know when its right to let someone go . Her mother is only for us missing ! Apparently she is still floating around the hospital

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Because she is brain stem dead . Abi is only alive because a machine is inflating her lungs . Her brain is dead and people know when its right to let someone go . Her mother is only for us missing ! Apparently she is still floating around the hospital

Some have woke up, I just think you would do anything possible to keep them alive only Max is fighting for her but could be guilt on his part

A memorial fund in the cafe when she is not dead yet

Her relatives and friends don't even visit or show any care

Some have woke up, I just think you would do anything possible to keep them alive only Max is fighting for her but could be guilt on his part

A memorial fund in the cafe when she is not dead yet

Her relatives and friends don't even visit or show any care

No , brain stem dead is not just in a coma . Its brain dead , its reacting to no stimuli , the brain won't tell the body to breathe or function . Abi's brain is dead there is no waking up from that . I must say that No , I won't want to keep any of mine on a machine when brain dead

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Brain-death/

Confirming death is now more complex, because it's possible to keep the heart beating after the brain stem has permanently stopped functioning. This can be done by keeping a person on a ventilator, which allows the body and heart to be artificially oxygenated. However, that person won't ever regain consciousness or start breathing again.
    Once the brain stem has permanently stopped functioning, there's no way of reversing it and the heart will eventually stop beating, even if a ventilator continues to be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭maurv2

I wonder what would Les ("Christine") Coker think of what Billy is doing with his business now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Don't have Sky+ on the tv I watched it on so I couldn't rewind. What did Aidan say in Irish?

From an almost fluent Irish speaker, he basically said ‘I pity you because you are a murderous Englishman’

I wonder how much money Patrick Bergin is getting for this role, must be good as the writing is so so bad

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I wonder how much money Patrick Bergin is getting for this role, must be good as the writing is so so bad

I find his accent very weird, at first I thought it was an English actor playing an Irish role (badly).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement