Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,286 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ShazGV wrote: »
    I don't think it was a confession from Dean, more that he wouldn't have touched Linda & wouldn't have 'gotten into this mess' if he hadn't been so distraught at Shirley leaving, needing the comfort/support Linda was giving him afterwards.

I thought it was a subtle confession enough for Shirley to think he maybe guilty and also after her chat with Stacey too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Nah new EE is far better and more subtle than that...it'll take time to adjust :D I thought that's where it was going but no, Shirley definitely thought he was strictly talking about him and Linda having sex rather than the rape. In fact him saying that seemed to convince her that she was silly to think wrong of him like she had been. Just my take on the scene though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought it was a subtle confession enough for Shirley to think he maybe guilty and also after her chat with Stacey too
    ah stop, it was a complete confession......... although not intended that way. and Shirley's reaction is proof of that, as was his resignation that he had been found out. I think deep down she always knew subconsciously, just couldnt bring herself around to accepting it.

Ah well, that wasn't the way I read it but different strokes & all that. :)

Shirley hunted Lola away home, then why if she didn't think Dean might hurt her too she was afraid and now she wants to send Dean off to Carly deep down she knows he is guilty

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Shirley hunted Lola away home, then why if she didn't think Dean might hurt her too she was afraid and now she wants to send Dean off to Carly deep down she knows he is guilty

She saw Dean was using Lola, manipulating her into being a sort of PR campaign for him. I don't think we can say for sure that she thinks he did it but I think Stacey's words are making her rethink it. She saw him manipulate Lola, who is basically a child, he tried to twist it all back on her when he found out she'd sent Lola home. She may well be doubting him but I'm not sure she's 100% turned on him. Sending him away may just be her needing a bit of space to think about it all?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

fr336 wrote: »
    Nah new EE is far better and more subtle than that...it'll take time to adjust :D I thought that's where it was going but no, Shirley definitely thought he was strictly talking about him and Linda having sex rather than the rape. In fact him saying that seemed to convince her that she was silly to think wrong of him like she had been. Just my take on the scene though.

were you watching the same episode!! the moment he said it, she was shocked. she wasn't convincing in the least in claiminfg she still believed him. she gave him money to leave London. when he looked at her in that "you believe it, dont you" look, she didn't dispute. I am 99% sure that that was what that last 5 minutes represented. I'll eat my proverbial hat if not!!!

5931991959_eb64e28f82.jpg

were you watching the same episode!! the moment he said it, she was shocked. she wasn't convincing in the least in claiminfg she still believed him. she gave him money to leave London. when he looked at her in that "you believe it, dont you" look, she didn't dispute. I am 99% sure that that was what that last 5 minutes represented. I'll eat my proverbial hat if not!!!

I thought the same for a split second...partly because soaps are so damn boring and predictable in this way. But no...look at the way the actors play it, it's not Shirley realising he may well be a rapist at all imo.

I thought the same for a split second...partly because soaps are so damn boring and predictable in this way. But no...look at the way the actors play it, it's not Shirley realising he may well be a rapist at all imo.

ok. You have convinced me................

She saw Dean was using Lola, manipulating her into being a sort of PR campaign for him. I don't think we can say for sure that she thinks he did it but I think Stacey's words are making her rethink it. She saw him manipulate Lola, who is basically a child, he tried to twist it all back on her when he found out she'd sent Lola home. She may well be doubting him but I'm not sure she's 100% turned on him. Sending him away may just be her needing a bit of space to think about it all?

I thought Shirley was quite rude to get Lola away fast and Shirley always got on well with Lola, I think Shirley was panicking and nervous as deep down she knows her son is a rapist and his brief words were a confession, well that is my take on it anyways

I thought Shirley was quite rude to get Lola away fast and Shirley always got on well with Lola, I think Shirley was panicking and nervous as deep down she knows her son is a rapist and his brief words were a confession, well that is my take on it anyways

Could have been that she just didn't want to say to Lola, GIRL! YOU IN DANGER! so she attacks her? I don't know. I don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

All he 'confessed' to was touching her. He didn't confess to touching her non-consensually. The fact that they had sex is not in dispute, just with Dean saying it was consensual sex and Linda saying it was rape.

I concur with ShazGV. Deans "I never woulda touched 'er" had more to do with turning to Linda for comfort than forcing himself on her. He still hasn't fully come to terms with the fact that he did. Staceys reaction to him is giving him slight pause though, and it's definitely giving Shirley some second thoughts too.

Shirley may be trying to convinve herself that Stacey is wrong but there is doubt there. Stacey has zero stake in this, and is absolutely sure in her version of events. Shirley is still trying to convince herself that Stacey is mistaken, but there is clearly a growing seed of doubt.

Thanks Peter :D

"Listen, Sonia... hypothetically speaking... asking for a friend, since you used to be a nurse.... hypothetically speaking, not really just wondering.... how would you kill someone without a prescription.... hypothetically?

ha!! It was even closer to........"Hypothetically speaking, If you had a dying father named Stan and you wanted to kill him in the Queen Vic upstairs, how would you go about it.............HYPOTICALLY!"

Does Shirley know Stacey is a rape victim herself from Archie or is it only Roxy and Ronnie knows this

All he 'confessed' to was touching her. He didn't confess to touching her non-consensually. The fact that they had sex is not in dispute, just with Dean saying it was consensual sex and Linda saying it was rape.

I concur with ShazGV. Deans "I never woulda touched 'er" had more to do with turning to Linda for comfort than forcing himself on her. He still hasn't fully come to terms with the fact that he did. Staceys reaction to him is giving him slight pause though, and it's definitely giving Shirey some second thoughts too.

Shirley may be trying to convinve herself that Stacey is wrong but there is doubt there. Stacey has zero stake in this, and is absolutely sure in her version of events. Shirey is still trying to convince herself that Stacey is mistaken, but there is clearly a growing seed of doubt.

the thing you also have to look at, there is no "confession" of sort because Dean genuinely doesnt believe he raped her. He is psychologically sexually messed up. So there can't be any "confession". But that doesn't mean Shirley needs his confession to cop on the truth what happened.

It's clear she has copped on but she now is in the position where she is starting to BLAME HERSELF for it. For how messed up he is and for the events that led up to the nights events.

Thanks Peter :D

I see we didn't get to see Lauren topless! And they say the 21st century is equality friendly :mad:

I see we didn't get to see Lauren topless! And they say the 21st century is equality friendly :mad:

I agree with you if a guy can be topless I dont' see why a girl cannot

I agree with you if a guy can be topless I dont' see why a girl cannot

You got to see her leg. Briefly. What more do you animals want! :eek:

I think Dean is starting to doubt his own version of events. He's less sure. He still doesn't think he raped Linda but he is starting to think that maybe he did do something wrong. Obviously sex with his brother (then thought to be uncle)'s wife (okay he knows they're not actually married, partner then if not wife) is wrong but I definately think he's second guessing himself now. He's going back over it and asking himself Did I read it wrong? Was she maybe not really all that up for it? but at the moment he's pushing the doubts away and replying to himself that no, of course she was, he's being silly, he's believing her lies. The doubts will increase and something may slip out then. He won't say "Yes, I raped her!" but he may say something in front of Shirley that simply confirms his confusion.

You got to see her leg. Briefly. What more do you animals want! :eek:

Ain't got nothing on the Twitter mob of mainly creepy and dangerous FEMALES :mad: :pac:

• Advertisement

I think Dean is starting to doubt his own version of events. He's less sure. He still doesn't think he raped Linda but he is starting to think that maybe he did do something wrong. Obviously sex with his brother (then thought to be uncle)'s wife (okay he knows they're not actually married, partner then if not wife) is wrong but I definately think he's second guessing himself now. He's going back over it and asking himself DidI read it wrong? Was she maybe not really all that up for it? but at the moment he's pushing the doubts away and replying to himself that no, of course she was, he's being silly, he's believing her lies. The doubts will increase and something may slip out then. He won't say "Yes, I raped her!" but he may say something in front of Shirley that simply confirms his confusion.

but surely you acknowledged that Shirley saw through it to night? I am really surprised people didn't. The only reason she didnt blurt it out to hi is due to the fact that after his "blame speech" she is now starting to blame herself in a twisted way i think, she also feels obliged to stick by him as she has abandoned him all his life. its an odd dilemna she finds herself in..

but surely you acknowledged that Shirley saw through it to night? I am really surprised people didn't. The only reason she didnt blurt it out to hi is due to the fact that after his "blame speech" she is now starting to blame herself in a twisted way i think, she also feels obliged to stick by him as she has abandoned him all his life. its an odd dilemna she finds herself in..

Wait till she hears he had a kid with Shabham Massod, everyone will think he did rape her (a virgin Muslim) when he didn't oh the irony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I get so bored with girls fawning over topless men, the same way I get bored with men fawning over topless women.
    It's skin, big deal. Stop breaking the internet over a few muscles.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

fussyonion wrote: »
    I get so bored with girls fawning over topless men, the same way I get bored with men fawning over topless women.

It's appreciation for the effort he makes to look that good. The internet still works.

Oh yeah, Shirley can definitely see that he's not being fully honest, (with her/with himself), that he's a bit confused. She would really like to believe him, believe that it's all Lindas doing, her lies, but it's getting harder for Shirley to keep believing Dean. She wants to, she's trying to but she's struggling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

Different ways of perceiving those scenes - but either way, Shirley is starting to see things a bit more for what they are, and that's progress.

Shirley so knows Dean did it

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

fussyonion wrote: »
    I didn't fawn. I inhaled very quickly and exhaled very very slowly. I think I may have whistled as I exhaled. Peter without his shirt was a very pleasant diversion from murderers and rapists and liars and cheats. My internet is still working. I like looking at beautiful things, be they people, colours or art. :cool:

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I wonder will Denise Van Outen come into it as Dean's sister, Charlie? No idea who she is or what age she is but last night when Shirley said he should go visit his sister in York I thought that might be her.

• Advertisement

I wonder will Denise Van Outen come into it as Dean's sister, Charlie? No idea who she is or what age she is but last night when Shirley said he should go visit his sister in York I thought that might be her.

Carly is Dean's sister. She's been on the show before. Even if they recast her Van Outen would be way too old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement