Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

Yep, killer twist on the way folks :D

Go and get your chinese and come back for round two. Not over till the fat man sings!

https://twitter.com/bbceastenders/status/568509101249925121

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Zippie84 wrote: »

Go and get your chinese and come back for round two. Not over till the fat man sings!

Exxxxxxxcelent. :D

aimee1 wrote: »
    im still trying to figure out how phil is keeping kathy away

Yep. I did wonder, after all it's clear she's in London - not like he can stop her going to Walford...

Or can he...? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Thanks for all that info Nacho Business - but why is she back? Whats going on with her and Phil??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭wdmfapq4zs83hv

Well thank God for that!

• Advertisement

Oh I'd love an indian takeaway now :(

I left BBC1 on briefly afterwards, ironically Michelle Collins was playing a character in whatever programme was on afterwards.

leahyl wrote: »
    Thanks for all that info Nacho Business - but why is she back? Whats going on with her and Phil??

I doubt it's publicly known yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

real reveal 9. definitely not jane. bobby surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

I'd say maybe he's blackmailing her into staying away from Ben? Made her fake her own death or blackmailing her with the fact she faked her death?

• Advertisement

Oh I'd love an indian takeaway now :(

I couldn't justify a naughty chinese although a few here were talking about it, but I do have a Pizza Express at Home Sloppy Giuseppe pizza I'm about to stick in the oven. Yum yum. Wee bit of tidying up and be back in a while :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Well we certainly called Kathy coming back!!! Delighted with that twist...

Loved the whole episode. Lots of stuff happening and I'm sure there's more to that reveal - the flashback episode is gonna be where the real drama is at...

Right, I'm getting back off the interwebs again before the next bit...

I really cant imagine how a child could not have cracked before now if it was Bobby

I couldn't justify a naughty chinese although a few here were talking about it, but I do have a Pizza Express at Home Sloppy Giuseppe pizza I'm about to stick in the oven. Yum yum. Wee bit of tidying up and be back in a while :)

Eh how can you justify a big pizza and not a chinese?!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Something happened in South Africa. My guess would be involving Kathy's husband at the time and Ben was brought back to Walford to escape some sore of trouble.

Not that Walford was a haven of peace for the lad as he was tormented by Stella, Phil's crazy ex:

Then again, maybe Phil knew nothing of it and she only told him recently. Maybe he found out in prison.

Great stuff either way. Delighted she's back. Just a pity they needlessly killed off Pat as the pair reunited would have been class.

I really cant imagine how a child could not have cracked before now if it was Bobby

I agree. Would be amazingly unrealistic, and I also see it as very unrealistic if it was Bobby and Jane made him cover it up. I don't believe that as a mother Jane would be likely to think that it would be less traumatic for him to have to hide it than being upfront about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,456 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ben is messed up enough imagine how he will be seeing his dead mother

branie2 wrote: »
    I suspected it was Jane

ha, i think we all did! she was favourite for months! its still not her though i am confident enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

ha, i think we all did! she was favourite for months! its still not her though i am confident enough

Cindy [the wife, not daughter]??? Lazarus writes the EE scripts apparently ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Watching an Eastenders special on BBC3, something like 20 best shockers or something. I only started watching Eastenders in the past 1-2 years and these storylines are blowing my mind.
    Stacy and Max and the video on Christmas Day!

Grant just came on screen and I said that's your man that does the show about gangs, my husband said he had a life before that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Maybe Bobby doesn't realise it was his fault Lucy died & Jane covered for/protected him by moving the body.

Ahhh I can't wait for the flashback episode, finally some answers!

Just posted on the Radio Times:
    Kathy Beale has made a shock return to EastEnders, 15 years after supposedly being killed off in a car crash.

In live scenes just broadcast on BBC1, actress Gillian Taylforth was seen stepping out of a cab on location in the east end of London to share a scene with Steve McFadden, who plays her ex-husband Phil Mitchell.

Taylforth's comeback comes just three months after Kathy made a cameo for a special Children in Need sketch that saw Ian encounter his mum in a dream.

Talking about her return to EastEnders, Taylforth said: “When [executive producer] Dominic Treadwell-Collins approached me with his plan, I was so shocked I got into my car and burst into tears! Kathy has always been so close to my heart and it’s absolutely wonderful to be returning to the show and reprising the role.”

Treadwell-Collins added: “I have always made my feelings on Kathy Beale and Gillian Taylforth very clear – she is part of EastEnders history, mother to Ian and Ben and one of the most important and iconic television characters on British television. Six months ago, we set ourselves the challenge of bringing Kathy back to the Square in a credible way. And I believe we have succeeded.

"Viewers will have to keep watching to find out exactly why Kathy ‘died’, where she has been all these years and why she now wants to come home to Albert Square. This is only the beginning of one of the most earth-shattering storylines EastEnders has ever seen…”

Adam Woodyatt, who plays Gillian’s on screen son, added: “I’m thrilled, I couldn’t be happier. I’ve finally got my mum back! I’ve been keeping this secret for so long and now I just can’t wait to work with her again.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

That Kathy woman is in the Eastenders special on BBC3. Sweet jesus in tonight's episode she looks like she has barely aged 10 years from way back when.

Bobby would have told Tiffany if he caused Lucy's death

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Bobby would have told Tiffany if he caused Lucy's death

Wasn't Bobby found sleeping near where Lucy died too?

ShazGV wrote: »
    Maybe Bobby doesn't realise it was his fault Lucy died & Jane covered for/protected him by moving the body.

Ahhh I can't wait for the flashback episode, finally some answers!

yeah, i alluded to that. i was always confident jane was central to this in a cover up way. put my money on cindy when i thought it was a cindy or bobby covered up by jane plot but really think now its not her. her one to one conversations tonight were erratic and could be contemplated either as an innocent girl or a guilty girl but i am swaying towards latter. lola could still be very dark horse? wonder if the bookies are rearranging their markets or paying out. i assume the former??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Not if he doesn't realise he killed her.

That Kathy woman is in the Eastenders special on BBC3. Sweet jesus in tonight's episode she looks like she has barely aged 10 years from way back when.

Yeah, here she is in her most infamous of storylines and she only looks around ten years older, and that's over 26 years ago:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭Riddle101

So was Kathy Beale a teenager when she had Ian or something? Because i'm trying to work out how she's his mother. I mean she's 59 and he's 46 if the age of the actors is anything to go by. But Kathy always looked too young to be his mother anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement