Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Carly is Dean's sister. She's been on the show before. Even if they recast her Van Outen would be way too old.

Ah okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,286 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wonder will Denise Van Outen come into it as Dean's sister, Charlie? No idea who she is or what age she is but last night when Shirley said he should go visit his sister in York I thought that might be her.

I think the actress who played Carly originally should return now

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/31/618x591/300_8948.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

Even if they recast her Van Outen would be way too old.

That's just what I was thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Yeah I was delighted to see Stacey's words having an effect on Shirley, I thought it was brilliantly acted.

Also even though Shirley was saying she kicked Lola out because she didn't want Dean to use her as part of his PR campaign it seemed to me anyway that her reaction was moreso because Lola looked like a lamb going to the slaughter, now that Shirley was beginning to admit to herself what Dean was capable of.

I don't think the writers would have put the scene with Lola in by chance shortly after you see Stacey giving such a convincing argument to Shirley. I do think we're meant to realise Shirley is seeing her son's true colours.

morebabies wrote: »
    Yeah I was delighted to see Stacey's words having an effect on Shirley, I thought it was brilliantly acted.

Also even though Shirley was saying she kicked Lola out because she didn't want Dean to use her as part of his PR campaign it seemed to me anyway that her reaction was moreso because Lola looked like a lamb going to the slaughter, now that Shirley was beginning to admit to herself what Dean was capable of.

I don't think the writers would have put the scene with Lola in by chance shortly after you see Stacey giving such a convincing argument to Shirley. I do think we're meant to realise Shirley is seeing her son's true colours.

I agree. Timing way too much of a coincidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think the actress who played Carly originally should return now

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/31/618x591/300_8948.jpg

Talented girl. Does stage work, small budget movies and also a dancer who appeared in a Paolo Nutini video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Anyone else think maybe Dean admits what he did (particularly after the scenes last night), has a breakdown and leaves the storyline that way? I'm just trying to figure out what's going to happen after the producers said there won't be a trial etc.

Anyone else think maybe Dean admits what he did (particularly after the scenes last night), has a breakdown and leaves the storyline that way? I'm just trying to figure out what's going to happen after the producers said there won't be a trial etc.

It has been said by the producer guy that although there won't be a trial, justice will still be served, or something along those lines...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I think Linda will confront him and he'll admit what he did. She'll take back the power, so to speak. Maybe in front of others, or maybe just in front of Shirley, leaving Dean's life in tatters and Linda gets to go back to her loving family and Dean is left with nothing.

I don't know. I just can't see what other way Linda can have a satisfactory ending to all of this when you take jail out the equation. The only way I'd be satisfied with it playing out is for Linda to be able to take control of the situation and get the admission out of him so she can move on without having to worry about what everyone else is thinking or saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Talented girl. Does stage work, small budget movies and also a dancer who appeared in a Paolo Nutini video.

And an ad where she put a pair of knickers in her fellas glove compartment then ' found ' them and cried "Whos are these? Well they're not. mine!" all so she could go home to her own bed that night instead of staying at his place

I don't remember what the ad was for. A bed maybe? Because her bed is so comfy she wanted to go home to it. Alone so she doesn't have to share?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jadaol

I think Linda will confront him and he'll admit what he did. She'll take back the power, so to speak. Maybe in front of others, or maybe just in front of Shirley, leaving Dean's life in tatters and Linda gets to go back to her loving family and Dean is left with nothing.

I don't know. I just can't see what other way Linda can have a satisfactory ending to all of this when you take jail out the equation. The only way I'd be satisfied with it playing out is for Linda to be able to take control of the situation and get the admission out of him so she can move on without having to worry about what everyone else is thinking or saying.

that's what i mentioned a few days ago. Except i thought it would be recorded or the confession in some way made public to the whole square so that everyone knows what he did. Only avenue i could think either

Hang on... I was led to believe we would see Peter in tight Lycra tonight. Did they cut it or did I blink and miss it?

Did Shirley kinda admit to in her own way to Mick she believes Dean did rape Linda and that is why she is telling him to leave

Did Shirley kinda admit to in her own way to Mick she believes Dean did rape Linda and that is why she is telling him to leave

It definitely looks like she's lost the unshakable faith she had in him. I know she's torn between the two of them but I can't see her being that willing to send Dean away if she didn't at least doubt his story.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

It definitely looks like she's lost the unshakable faith she had in him. I know she's torn between the two of them but I can't see her being that willing to send Dean away if she didn't at least doubt his story.

Yeah and when Mick was saying he wanted Dean gone Shirley didn't jump to his defence like she used to, she just said she'd bought his train ticket to get him out of London. Doesn't look like she believes him anymore, we'll find out in the next episode anyway with the way it ended tonight.

morebabies wrote: »
    Yeah and when Mick was saying he wanted Dean gone Shirley didn't jump to his defence like she used to, she just said she'd bought his train ticket to get him out of London. Doesn't look like she believes him anymore, we'll find out in the next episode anyway with the way it ended tonight.

Denise will probably call the cops on Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Shirley turning her back on him & people in the Square shunning him would be an acceptable outcome for me seeing as he apparently isn't getting any jail time. I'd love to see Linda confront him or regain her agency/power again in some way, only way I'd be happy with the story finishing up now tbh.

Denise is doing my head in lately.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Had no idea this thread was created, was wondering why the other was so quiet!

Anyone else get a bit of a laugh at the end when Mick stormed into the salon and Denise was just randomly standing there? :D Same with Shirley, can you imagine getting a haircut and her just standing there in the background judging you :pac:

Had no idea this thread was created, was wondering why the other was so quiet!

I did the same for a while. Hope the next time they do that they leave a comment on the old thread so people know to go to the new one :)

This is only a rumoured spoiler seen on facebook

Lauren and/or Stacey are to be up the duff, could it be by Dean

• Advertisement

I saw a photo of
    Stacey with a preg test in her hand and a shocked look on her face.

I saw a photo of
    Stacey with a preg test in her hand and a shocked look on her face.
    Lauren is in the flat with Stacey immediately before the scene where Stacey has the pregnancy test. If it was Lauren though it's unlikely it'd be Deans, she broke up with him way back at the beginning of October. She probably would have known before now that she was pregnant?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Really pushing the boat out in terms of originality there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Lauren is in the flat with Stacey immediately before the scene where Stacey has the pregnancy test. If it was Lauren though it's unlikely it'd be Deans, she broke up with him way back at the beginning of October. She probably would have known before now that she was pregnant?
    Ah sure it takes ages for characters to realise they're pregnant. It took Orla 6 months in Fair City I think!

dogcat wrote: »
    Ah sure it takes ages for characters to realise they're pregnant. It took Orla 6 months in Fair City I think!

She's
    the most idiotic character in soap history though!

dogcat wrote: »

Could be how they
    write her out of it? Finds out she's having Dean's baby, can't be with Peter anymore, leaves. Comes back a few months later sans baby?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Could be how they
    write her out of it? Finds out she's having Dean's baby, can't be with Peter anymore, leaves. Comes back a few months later sans baby?
    That actualy seems possible, she's leaving this month. Can't see her leaving for half a year though

I would like to see Lauren and Peter leave happy together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Last night, did Lauren propose to Peter in the middle of Peters 'thank you for asking me to be your best man' toast?

• Advertisement

Last night, did Lauren propose to Peter in the middle of Peters 'thank you for asking me to be your best man' toast?

yep and he accepted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement