Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Cindy is a hottie

I said earlier on in the thread that she looked stunning in the last two episodes with her make up and hair done like that.

Cindy was meant to be the original killer with Jane covering it up they choose Bobby based on a book we need to talk about Kevin

also I am shocked that Kathy is back :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

Cindy was meant to be the original killer with Jane covering it up they choose Bobby based on a book we need to talk about Kevin

Interesting. What's your source?

In that interview after the show DTC said it was always intended to be Bobby, apart from one day they were considering someone else but it didn't feel right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

also I am shocked that Kathy is back :D

seems the producers were obsessed with cindy also then......... ;-)

yeah i read that book. if it develops anything like that book for bobby dark times ahead!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I'm a bit surprised it was little Bobby. How can a child of 9 or 10 kill someone such as his sister and not show any signs afterwards? I find that odd. Jane covering it all up is just what I thought had happened - I had thought she was involved in Lucy's death but not the actual killer.

Hope tomorrow's live episode rounds it all off nicely. Also - was Dean killed by Mick Carter or just concussed? Sad to see Dot get arrested. She really thinks she killed Nick even though she didn't and IMO he got what he deserved.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Finally caught up on the last weeks episodes. Saddened to say I think the reveal was pretty lame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

My mum was saying that when Jane left after lucys death that she took Bobby with her - is this true (haven't been watching it myself) cos this would explain us not seeing a reaction from him or him cracking....cos he wasn't there!!

It's mad how you can look at everyone's reactions in such a different light now

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jadaol

here is one for you. i wonder if Laurie knew it was going to be bobby. i dont think so

This is what I liked most about tonight. When she turned around she was genuinely surprised it was him

leahyl wrote: »
    My mum was saying that when Jane left after lucys death that she took Bobby with her - is this true (haven't been watching it myself) cos this would explain us not seeing a reaction from him or him cracking....cos he wasn't there!!

they left for a while, but he's been back plenty and for quite a while now.

• Advertisement

Jadaol wrote: »
    This is what I liked most about tonight. When she turned around she was genuinely surprised it was him

Do you mean Lucy, played by Hetti?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Didn't he run away from Jane, back to Ian and the rest of the family? I'm finding it hard to think back that far to be honest, 10 months is a long time! Hopefully all will become clearer in tomorrow's episode!

dee_mc wrote: »
    Didn't he run away from Jane, back to Ian and the rest of the family? I'm finding it hard to think back that far to be honest, 10 months is a long time! Hopefully all will become clearer in tomorrow's episode!

yep he ran back to Walford and wanted to stay there, which is what made Jane return.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jadaol

Zippie84 wrote: »

No, when Jane turned around and saw bobby. I think she didn't know who the killer would turn out to be till then. It looked like genuine surprise to me

No Laurie Brett who plays Jane

leahyl wrote: »
    No Laurie Brett who plays Jane

I was meaning Jadaol :)

I was meaning Jadaol :)

I know I was just responding :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

To let me know the intentions of another person? Fab! :)

:eek: Don't hassle the mod :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Jadaol wrote: »
    No, when Jane turned around and saw bobby. I think she didn't know who the killer would turn out to be till then. It looked like genuine surprise to me

No she knew. In the aftershow interview with the producers and Hetty Bywater (Lucy) they said the actors rehearsed the scene on Thursday morning so Laurie Brett (Jane) would have known.

They also said the actor who plays Bobby was told on Monday. From the time they started planning the plot bobby was always going to be the killer. One other character was considered for a day.

I loved all the nods to previous storylines. Sonia helping Kim give birth, Ronnie getting a gun hidden in flowers, the recreation of the opening scene 30 years ago. The reference to Pauline and her glass bowl. Ian and Sharon mentioning Lou and Angie. Martin getting upset that Kat was drunk on Arthur's bench. It was good to see that previous characters and storylines weren't forgotten.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I loved all the nods to previous storylines. Sonia helping Kim give birth, Ronnie getting a gun hidden in flowers, the recreation of the opening scene 30 years ago. The reference to Pauline and her glass bowl. Ian and Sharon mentioning Lou and Angie. Martin getting upset that Kat was drunk on Arthur's bench. It was good to see that previous characters and storylines weren't forgotten.

Don't forget Martin being his usual goof with the ladies. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭wdmfapq4zs83hv

Fairplay I didnt cop any of that!

yeah i read that book. if it develops anything like that book for bobby dark times ahead!

When I was a kid I played with my toys with my brothers.

Bobby is a kid & he killed his sister because she started it. :D

Do you think Kathy is will appear in tonight's episode & what happened if that book you read

Ah here, so Bobby a child , battered an adult to death, while 3 other people were in the house & nobody noticed. No screaming etc. With a jewellery box? Eh & why exactly?

And regarding having no motive, didnt Lucy look after Bobby like a mother after Ian dissappeared & had his breakdown... she was holding it all together & making sure he was looked after. And then he kills her after hearing her arguement with Denise... why? He wasnt particularly cl0se to Denise. Jane was his mum (well not really, Laura was!) But you know what I mean! He had no loyalties to Denise, certainy nothing to kill Lucy over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

I enjoyed both the episodes.

As for Bobby being the killer and being sble to cover it up this is how I saw it. After fighting with Abi and Denise Lucy was already a little unsteady when she reentered the house. Bobby caught her writing a letter saying she was leaving and got upset at that because he knew his dad would be sad again. He hit her with the box and she hit her head on yhe coffee table as she fell and it was this blow that killed her.

Jane said Lucy was ok and sent Bobby to bed then moved the body, maybe with Maxs help who thought Abi had dealt the final blow both covering for their children. Lucy was found dead in the park so Bobby wouldn't have known he killed her hence why he was trying to find her killer when he ran off.
    Jane probably said no point in saying about his argument as it wasn't important. Bobby clearly didn't know he'd killed her saying "whatever she says" so there was no bottling it up. Jane took Bobby straight away so the chances are all he knew about it was from the newspaper clippings.

Makes sense to me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Erm

B-OvOwgIQAAJ4_f.jpg:large

And ps, what was the point of Peggy & Tanya coming back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

It was dragged out so long I was starting to think I did it myself

Yep, it was very cleverly done.

• Advertisement

And ps, what was the point of Peggy & Tanya coming back?

They were major characters in the show over the last 30 years. This was the 30th anniversary of the show. This week of shows wasn't just about the big revel but was also about celebrating the show being on the air for the last 30 years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement