Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

And ps, what was the point of Peggy & Tanya coming back?

Probably for no other reason other than to bring characters back for the 30th anniversary celebrations.

fr336 wrote: »
    Erm

B-OvOwgIQAAJ4_f.jpg:large

yep, loads of the cast and crew were wearing them yesterday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Few small ones bothering me. I'm hoping they'll explain tonight but maybe someone here can help.
    Lauren: How did Lauren know the paper she found was the be all and end all? Did Emma tell anyone she'd finally cracked it? I mean, wasn't she working on the case, officially or not, for 10 months? That piece of paper saying SOC and number could be one of many theories. How was Lauren so sure it was, in fact , the SOC?
    Did Lauren know who did it? She nodded when Stacey asked her. But how could she know?
    Why was she getting rid of baby? They were kind of making out like it was cause the baby'd be better off due to her discovery but that doesn't make sense. Maybe if a Banning did it, it'd be weird, but if she knows it was a Beale, unless of course she thinks its Peter, I don't think its a reason to get rid of baby. Is she suggesting she doesnt want that connection? Although I don't think she did it in the end.
    Emma: What was Emma epiphany about? Something about how someone can slip out for 5 mins or something. Don't get her conclusion. Anyway, if Jane took body to woods she was gone longer. She defo got help moving the body.
    Bit mad Peter didnt question Lauren, ask to see the piece of paper etc
    Bit mad Ian straight away believed what his sons girlfriend said, no question.
    Bit mad how Ian knew it was Jane (even though it wasn't)
    Extremely mad that Jane thought it was a better idea to cover it up.
    Hopefully they will develop Bobby into a nasty Nick style character. Hoping this isn't just forgotten about in 6 months. Especially with Bobby delivering his lines so evily. I'm kinda hoping he wanted to killer and it wasn't an accident but as someone said above he kinda lacks a motive.

On a lighter note: Have to say the actors did an incredible job this week. Really deserve a lot of praise. Esp Jane and Abi, who was incredible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

FFS, why didn't EE just hire Jessica Fletcher and this nonsense would have been solved in one bleedin' episode!:rolleyes:

walshb wrote: »
    FFS, why didn't EE just hire Jessica Fletcher and this nonsense would have been solved in one bleedin' episode!:rolleyes:

Can't remember what paper or who but someone hired a former detective and he determined it was Ben - from what I remember, with no other real reason other than he's got a bit of a temper and he's killed before. despite so many clues, person didn't even seem to look at or address them.

Certain Jessica Fletcher would've done better :D

• Advertisement

Haha. Seems that RTE DID get the flashback episode at 9:25 last night after all.

The Taoiseach was originally due to do an interview, but he was put back when RTE realised the significance of the Eastenders episode :D

Classic!

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/enda-kenny-interview-rescheduled-eastenders-1949132-Feb2015/?utm_source=twitter_self

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »
    Extremely mad that Jane thought it was a better idea to cover it up.

Is it really mad though? When you look at the other big storyline Dot/Nick, Dot always believed that her son would come right. She covered up for him many times, always defended him when others gave out about him. Nick murdered a number of people and she forgave him for each murder.

Now Jane is doing similar with Bobby. The correlation between the storylines and characters is great script planning and writing by EastEnders.

Is it really mad though? When you look at the other big storyline Dot/Nick, Dot always believed that her son would come right. She covered up for him many times, always defended him when others gave out about him. Nick murdered a number of people and she forgave him for each murder.

Now Jane is doing similar with Bobby. The correlation between the storylines and characters is great script planning and writing by EastEnders.

I'm more so thinking in terms of not 'her son coming right', but in terms of 'what would cause least trauma to a 10yo'.

I know there's theories that Bobby didn't realise he'd killed her, but so far I don't quite buy them, unless I see it on screen, and it's not ringing true for me that Jane would believe that covering up the killing by Bobby would have less trauma on the boy than being upfront.

Siblings have arguments with each other and fight with each other. I don't see how it wouldn't have made more sense on Jane's part to be upfront about what happened that it was an argument between siblings that had gone wrong. Rather than cause the boy to have to live with hiding it.

I know they say that Jane took him away, but even the next day when Ian told Cindy and Bobby that Lucy was dead, the kid is not stupid at that age, and would've wondered / questioned in his mind, and it certainly would've caused trauma in his brain. What happened would cause trauma, but covering it up even more so.

Yes Jane just being upfront about what happened wouldn't have caused the same amount of drama for near a year, but just saying partially why it is just so unbelievable for me.

And I will be disappointed if Jane is not jailed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Why was she getting rid of baby? They were kind of making out like it was cause the baby'd be better off due to her discovery but that doesn't make sense. Maybe if a Banning did it, it'd be weird, but if she knows it was a Beale, unless of course she thinks its Peter, I don't think its a reason to get rid of baby. Is she suggesting she doesnt want that connection? Although I don't think she did it in the end.
    i think she DID think it was peter and only realised at the clinic it wasn't and so kept the baby

Emma: What was Emma epiphany about? Something about how someone can slip out for 5 mins or something. That Jane slipped out for 5 minutes and killed lucy maybe?

Don't get her conclusion. Anyway, if Jane took body to woods she was gone longer. She defo got help moving the body. we'll find this out tonight

Bit mad Peter didnt question Lauren, ask to see the piece of paper etc
    Bit mad Ian straight away believed what his sons girlfriend said, no question.
    Bit mad how Ian knew it was Jane (even though it wasn't)i think Ian realised jane was acting differently since the day, when Dot said its those you love you hurt he "figured it out"

Extremely mad that Jane thought it was a better idea to cover it up. i guess we'll find out why tonight.

Hopefully they will develop Bobby into a nasty Nick style character. Hoping this isn't just forgotten about in 6 months. Especially with Bobby delivering his lines so evily. I'm kinda hoping he wanted to killer and it wasn't an accident but as someone said above he kinda lacks a motive. i told you all previously, did anybody see last night cindy, lucy bobby and the baby in one room? he wanted her bed!, seriously though as was said earlier i think was that the kid has lost so many people in his life, tiffany being the most recent when he heard her rowing with Ian, then with denise he felt she would scare them away again and snapped.

tonight i think we'll see the aftermath where questions will be asked and answered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

fr336 wrote: »
    :eek: Don't hassle the mod :pac:

I see the post was removed anyway! Jeez I was only trying to be helpful - you'd swear I was being a smart arse :-(

• Advertisement

Ben & Lucy knew Kathy was alive and living in Miami thats why they were heading off

& if Kathy is alive then let the real Cindy be alive to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

When I was a kid I played with my toys with my brothers.

Bobby is a kid & he killed his sister because she started it. :D

Do you think Kathy is will appear in tonight's episode & what happened if that book you read

when you were a kid you played with toys with your brothers and sisters? sorry i dont get what you mean.

its about this kid who goes on a gun killing in school as he is psychologically disturbed. goes to prison/reform. tbh i dont see much comparison in it apart from the messed up head. the kid was also 16.

yeah kathy is back for good

Saw this young girl called Bobbie Beale in America getting loads of hassle on twitter last night:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11424315/Bobby-Beale-Girl-with-same-name-as-EastEnders-killer-gets-Twitter-abuse.html

I'm sure much of it was just banter, but she seemed inundated with tweets, but saw her being called murdering scum and all sorts. Some people definitely go too far.

Do you think Kathy is will appear in tonight's episode & what happened if that book you read

Not sure.

She will be back but BBC Eastenders blog posted last night after she was on screen stated: "However when Kathy comes home to Walford later this year, viewers will learn where Kathy has been and why she has stayed away so long…"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/eastenders/entries/8ae79566-cf79-4f0e-aaaf-d21f48b42535

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

What was Emma epiphany about? Something about how someone can slip out for 5 mins or something. Don't get her conclusion.

I originally thought her epiphany was bought on by Dean saying he only left him for 5 minutes but now I think it was the fact Patrick fell in his own home, this links in with my thoughts of her falling when Bobby hit her and hitting her head on the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Zippie84 wrote:
    It's mad how you can look at everyone's reactions in such a different light now

I wonder if the producers knew from the beginning who killed her? Also would Denise have helped Jane get rid of the body if she suspected she had caused an underlying injury in their fight earlier?
    Jane did an awful thing covering up for Bobby and letting him get away with what he'd done, she wasn't doing him any favours. Also letting Ian and Peter think she died alone by God knows who.
    Surprising that the police didn't know she'd been moved.

Ann22 wrote: »
    I wonder if the producers knew from the beginning who killed her? Also would Denise have helped Jane get rid of the body if she suspected she had caused an underlying injury in their fight earlier?
    Jane did an awful thing covering up for Bobby and letting him get away with what he'd done, she wasn't doing him any favours. Also letting Ian and Peter think she died alone by God knows who.
    Surprising that the police didn't know she'd been moved.

The producers from day one had Bobby as the killer. One other character was considered very briefly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

If ian finds out now what happened what is going to happen to bobby unless ian or jane takes the wrap for it? someone definitely helped jane move her. Could have been max, abi, denise, jay/ben or quiet possibly phil. Phil said something to ian so someone else knew something.

I think bobby isn't aware of what he did. That explains why jane and bobby left so suddenly.

Hopefully they tie things up a bit in tonights episode. It be a shocking aftermath for everyone when they find out the truth.

Maybe none of the cast knew until the nearer to filming the scenes. I was sure it would have been Cindy rather than Bobby be a bit more believable but these things do happen. I didn't think Jane do it though she's too nice! Can see how Ian figured it out.

But would Jane need help moving the body? Lucy was a very slight, she probably didn't weight much. I think Jane could of moved the body herself. Jane was doing things instinctively, adrenaline was pumping. Lifting and carrying Lucy could have come easy to her.

• Advertisement

How did she manage to do it without getting caught or shown on CCTV? Someone helped her as well but then why was the front door slightly open? Did max not call to see lucy before she saw bobby?

doovdela wrote: »
    Maybe none of the cast knew until the nearer to filming the scenes.

The actor who plays Bobby was told on Monday. They'd told / asked permission from his father before that, but not told Bobby

Hetti who plays Lucy was told shortly afterwards. (according to last night's interviews with producers and Hetti).

Seems the other cast who needed to know were told the night before.

doovdela wrote: »
    How did she manage to do it without getting caught or shown on CCTV? Someone helped her as well but then why was the front door slightly open? Did max not call to see lucy before she saw bobby?

Yep. I'm thinking someone helping would be related to keeping guard etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

The producers from day one had Bobby as the killer. One other character was considered very briefly.

Sorry, I think I did read someone saying that in an earlier post doh!
    I was fascinated watching the clip on YouTube of Ian telling the family but not much point I suppose in looking for signs of guilt if the actors didn't know themselves.

Zippie84 wrote: »
    The actor who plays Bobby was told on Monday. They'd told / asked permission from his father before that, but not told Bobby

Hetti who plays Lucy was told shortly afterwards. (according to last night's interviews with producers and Hetti).

Seems the other cast who needed to know were told the night before.

ah I see but was still nearly the week of the reveal really.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

I know EE is celebrating its 30 year anniversary and everything, and I've loved the last week's shows as much as the next person, but when I think about it all objectively, all this celebratory mood and jokes on Twitter are a bit weird considering the subject treated is murder and even more serious, a psychologically disturbed child killer.
    Yes yes it's fiction, and I know we're not supposed to overthink soaps, but still, when subjects like rape are dealt with sensitively by the soap, anyone else think it's a bit incongruous that murder by a young child gets the cluedo whodunit treatment?

Ann22 wrote: »
    Sorry, I think I did read someone saying that in an earlier post doh!
    I was fascinated watching the clip on YouTube of Ian telling the family but not much point I suppose in looking for signs of guilt if the actors didn't know themselves.

I'd agree there's not much point looking for signs of guilt when actors didn't know, but would also hope that the writers wrote it a certain way knowing what the conclusion would be.

Hetty said last night that she didn't know who the killer was until they rehearsed the scene yesterday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Still so disappointed by last night's episode.

• Advertisement

Love how the actors are able to laugh at themselves https://twitter.com/dollyjoyner/status/568735939826200576

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement