Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Think it's just taken me longer to catch up on this thread than on the episodes themselves!

I for one think this whole story has been brilliantly done.

People complaining there's still unanswered questions.... last night wasn't the last ever episode, you know? There will be more episodes explaining more of it. Calm down.

I thought the flashback episode was amazing. The girl who played Lucy was so good in it. I don't remember her being that good before although I didn't really watch much of EE when she was Lucy. The scene with Jane outside the Beale's house was so sad. Those poor Beale kids have had it tough and poor Lucy was the only one that stuck around the whole time. Bless her.

I did call Jane covering for Bobby a while ago, I think most people were leaning towards someone covering for someone but it seemed weird to me that they recast Bobby 5 minutes after recasting him before. It was actually a different Bobby in the real scenes of them finding out about Lucy being dead. This Bobby only showed up when Jane came back for the funeral. Makes me think they did plan it from the start.

I'm pretty sure Lauren didn't actually know which one of them had done it, she just knew it had happened at home and had to mean it was one of them. She might not have suspected Jane at all and that's why she sent the card to her? Which reminds me, Abby having a go at Lauren for signing the card when I'm pretty sure there was a scene last week where Abby asked her to sign the bloody card? What a wagon. I did laugh at Abby saying she ran into Lucy and battered her though.

So yeah, I think the whole thing has been very well done and they did so well to keep it a secret. I know some of us had it guessed but I think they were all guesses, we didn't know for sure. I have no interest in seeing Ian Beale crying any more though.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

People complaining there's still unanswered questions.... last night wasn't the last ever episode, you know? There will be more episodes explaining more of it. Calm down.

Ah here! This is a soap discussion thread, is it not?
    We're all calm.
    Part of the fun is questioning the writing, giving our theories etc.

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »

Ah here! This is a soap discussion thread, is it not?
    We're all calm.
    Part of the fun is questioning the writing, giving our theories etc.

Yeah, I know, and I don't have a problem with people saying there are still things unanswered because I know there are. My issue is with people saying the whole thing was awful or it's the worst story line ever!!! because it wasn't literally all revealed in the few episodes this week. The story is not over yet, is all I'm saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

Sorry to be slightly off-topic but I love that both people who've just replied to Tickle_me_elmo have started with 'Ah here' in that context.

I haven't lived in Ireland for years, and think it's one of the things that nobody says outside Ireland.

'Ah here'.

So thanks for that :)

Yeah, I know, and I don't have a problem with people saying there are still things unanswered because I know there are. My issue is with people saying the whole thing was awful or it's the worst story line ever!!! because it wasn't literally all revealed in the few episodes this week. The story is not over yet, is all I'm saying.

Oh good. Cause fans creating theories and having questions is what created the Lucy Beale murderer extravaganza to begin with! But ya, if if that's the case I'm with you there. Although there's a few holes I defo wouldn't call the whole thing awful. I actually think EastEnders did a fine job this week. Especially the actors. Which I mentioned previously.

• Advertisement

Zippie84 wrote: »
    Sorry to be slightly off-topic but I love that both people who've just replied to Tickle_me_elmo have started with 'Ah here' in that context.

I haven't lived in Ireland for years, and think it's one of the things that nobody says outside Ireland.

'Ah here'.

So thanks for that :)

You're welcome!

Stacey's Mystery Key Solved Tonight =)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

With the fantastic job EastEnders has done this week can ye imagine if the likes of Fair City did a live episode :D

Stacey's Mystery Key Solved Tonight =)

oooh interesting. where'd you hear that?

I'm guessing it must be connected with something that's been ongoing this week then.

KKkitty wrote: »
    With the fantastic job EastEnders has done this week can ye imagine if the likes of Fair City did a live episode :D

Omg that would be hilarious!

• Advertisement

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »
    Omg that would be hilarious!

No offence but I don't think the Fair City cast would be able for it.

No offence but I don't think the Fair City cast would be able for it.

yeah I think that's the point they trying to make, that it'd probably be nowhere near standard, hence it'd be hilarious :P

One issue I do have with this story now though is how Lucy ended up on the Common. We'll find out tonight, I assume, but if it was just Jane involved then that is cold! I can understand Jane covering it up, keeping quiet about it all this time, all of that but after what Lucy said to her about being her mum and how her family doesn't work without Jane and all the stuff about a mother's love.... For Jane to just dump her out there like that. I'm not having it. It may well be what happened but I can't see any way of forgiving that. Not that it's real or anything....

One issue I do have with this story now though is how Lucy ended up on the Common. We'll find out tonight, I assume, but if it was just Jane involved then that is cold! I can understand Jane covering it up, keeping quiet about it all this time, all of that but after what Lucy said to her about being her mum and how her family doesn't work without Jane and all the stuff about a mother's love.... For Jane to just dump her out there like that. I'm not having it. It may well be what happened but I can't see any way of forgiving that. Not that it's real or anything....

I agree completely. And while it's not real, if it did happen (fictionally) I want her jailed.

I agree completely. And while it's not real, if it did happen (fictionally) I want her jailed.

The only way around it is that Lucy wasn't actually dead on the floor there and got up and wandered off and died on the common, but that would be a twist too far, I think.

The only way around it is that Lucy wasn't actually dead on the floor there and got up and wandered off and died on the common, but that would be a twist too far, I think.

yep, without a doubt a twist too far, and we could still then probably never know for sure who killed her in that case, as we couldn't know that someone else didn't hit her a wallop after she left the house also :D

oooh interesting. where'd you hear that?

I'm guessing it must be connected with something that's been ongoing this week then.

on Digital Spy

I am hoping for more bombshells tonight

also there is rumor going around that the arches blows up LIVE tonight Phil does it to spite Max

on Digital Spy

I am hoping for more bombshells tonight

also there is rumor going around that the arches blows up LIVE tonight Phil does it to spite Max

oooh gotta love rumours. As much as I could be proved wrong, can't see that one as likely. certain that there'll still be a few surprises though.

I wonder why they recast Martin? I saw James Alexandrou (original Martin) on an episode of Silent Witness the other week there. Still acting, decent performance too. Maybe he just didn't want to come back?

• Advertisement

I wonder why they recast Martin? I saw James Alexandrou (original Martin) on an episode of Silent Witness the other week there. Still acting, decent performance too. Maybe he just didn't want to come back?

He didn't want to return

He didn't want to return

Yep. James Alexandrou didn't want to return but was very supportive of his replacement James Bye.

Tweeted this after his entrance episode:

https://twitter.com/JamesAlexandrou/status/541005973847293952

Jimmy Bye also tweets support of James Alexandrou in Silent Witness:

https://twitter.com/jimmybye/status/562372094923919360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

It be interesting to see if there be more revelations? Another live showing tonight that be cool.

doovdela wrote: »
    It be interesting to see if there be more revelations? Another live showing tonight that be cool.

A 100% LIVE EPISODE all cards are of the table ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN :D

sorry I am excited for tonight HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,454 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Max moved Lucy's body on his own to cover for Abi thinking she did it

Anyone feel sorry for Denise after what Kim said to her? There's no doubt that Denise has been through a lot but her answer is not to get help but to lash out. Think Kim's comments could be the wake up call she needs hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

The only other possibility is this either bobby did it and someone helped with Jane or someone else did it after bobby and gave a final blow and helped move the body with jane. Anything is possible! There could be another twist at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Anyone feel sorry for Denise after what Kim said to her? There's no doubt that Denise has been through a lot but her answer is not to get help but to lash out. Think Kim's comments could be the wake up call she needs hopefully.

No she's a vile cow after what she said to kim about Kim's child?? My sister said that to me I'll tell Ya what, Id claw her eyes out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,454 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a630200/eastenders-boss-on-bobby-reveal-its-the-start-of-a-bigger-story.html#~p4QUo15mRuoWe7

Dominic Treadwell-Collins has promised that there is an "even bigger" story ahead for the Beale family now that Bobby's guilt has been revealed.

Thursday night's 35-minute flashback episode (February 19) saw the surprising revelation that Bobby killed his half-sister Lucy on Good Friday 2014, resolving a whodunit mystery which had run for 10 months.

Speaking afterwards in a live EastEnders Facebook stream, Treadwell-Collins was asked whether he ever had other characters in mind to be the killer.

He replied: "There was one other suspect for about a day, but then it didn't feel right. We always said that this story had to come from the heart, and with this, it's the start of a whole big new story for the Beales.

"We kept on going on about [2003 novel] We Need to Talk About Kevin - we need to talk about Bobby! So actually this is the beginning of an even bigger story for the Beales. We've got to keep going!"

Treadwell-Collins confirmed that young actor Eliot Carrington, who plays Bobby, was made aware of his character's guilt on Monday evening (February 16) before the BBC soap's Live Week began.

Carrington responded positively to the twist, pointing out that it was natural for Bobby's adoptive mother Jane to cover for him.

Treadwell-Collins said: "Most people didn't know. We had to keep it quiet because things leak. We always say that if someone tells you a secret, you always tell one person. I always tell one person! We couldn't afford that.

"We told [Eliot] on Monday. We told his dad before that obviously and checked that it was okay, but we knew that it was always going to be Bobby. But when we told him... he's so clever, Eliot! He said, 'Oh God, that makes sense. Of course Jane had to do it because otherwise Bobby would go to juvey'. He's a clever little boy!"

Treadwell-Collins also revealed that EastEnders' story producer Alex Lamb was the first person to suggest that the culprit should be Bobby.

"My idea was Jane and then Cindy," he explained. "And then Alex Lamb said Bobby. We were at story conference and we went up to my hotel room - [series producer] Sharon [Batten], Alex Lamb, [script producer] Manpreet Dosanjh and I.

"We sat there and came up with it and we jumped up and down! If you look at the pieces now, Jane took Bobby away! We cleverly, I hope, seeded everything."

The aftermath of the big reveal will be explored on screen on Friday as EastEnders airs a 30-minute live episode.

• Advertisement

^ If they are literally going a We Need To Talk About Kevin route, meaning Bobby is a sociopath then it makes perfect sense that he managed to keep quiet about killing Lucy for all this time. He won't care that he's done it, he'll feel no remorse, no sadness, no moral responsibility for his actions. Chilling stuff.... if that's where they're going.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement