Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Slightly random but when Bobby came downstairs did anyway notice his ears? He didn't have a visible one on the left and a huge massive red one on the right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I only got to watch the episode late last night. Wow what an episode. Great acting from all the Beale family. I was in tears for most of it and was a blubbering mess when Cindy read out the letter at the end. :o

So much more to come from the storyline. With the calibre of the actors and writer involved it is going to be a good year for EastEnder.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

laurie brett was acting out a crying scene for nearly the full episode and didn't shed one tear:confused: Ian crying when Lucys note was read had me in floods of tears great acting by Adam, did he put Janes rings on her finger the wrong way round? The Carters will be on the screen more now with a wedding to plan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

casio4 wrote: »
    The Carters will be on the screen more now with a wedding to plan

What's going on there? Doesn't everyone think they're already married? Then Dean found out they weren't and Linda didn't want it to get out. Or did I miss something and they confessed that they're not actually married?

I had thought they'd get around the issue by pretending they were having a vow renewal and only the two of them (and I guess the officiant would have to know for legal reasons) would knew that's it's not actually a vow renewal but the 'real thing.' Much as I do think the two of them fawning over each other like emo teens gets a little bit much at times, I thought that would be really sweet. An intimate little secret between the two of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

EE was watched by 10 million last night. Pretty good in this day and age. Perhaps more interesting is the backstage bit afterwards got 6 million and beat an actual episode of Coronation Street :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Zippie84 wrote: »
    yeah the original Lauren.

originallauren_zps72b3e515.jpg

It's funny, I can't even remember that girl playing Lauren...
    Jon Stark wrote: »
    Haven't seen tonight's episode but I'm honestly surprised that Peter would be so eager to shop a child for murder. Ben Hardy who plays Peter is leaving but I wouldn't be surprised by a quick fire recast. Don't be surprised to see "Peter" back in the summer, resolving to out Bobby just as Kathy makes her full time return.

Ben Hardy said on the backstage show last night that Bobby coming out as the killer has something to do with Peter leaving. I don't think DTC will be recasting anybody else as Peter and will leave the door open for Ben to return when he wants to.

fr336 wrote: »
    EE was watched by 10 million last night. Pretty good in this day and age. Perhaps more interesting is the backstage bit afterwards got 6 million and beat an actual episode of Coronation Street :D

Sure himself asked me which I wanted to watch and I went with the aftershow. Corrie isn't at its best at the moment and anyway it's repeated quite a bit, espicially if you have ITV2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Wow, just watched the live episode as I was out last night.

What wonderful acting, script and production.

I was in floods of tears at the end. The note from Lucy to her Dad was immense and so, so fitting...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Just watched the live episode there, wow, it was genuinely incredible. Easy to do a live episode and keep it light and fun but to pack it with such emotion... I'm still a little shaken.

Ian's live crying was so much better than his prerecorded crying earlier in this story line. Perhaps he saw the reaction to those episodes and dialed it down a bit :)

I mentioned it yesterday but I'm glad Peter brought it up, the fact that Jane could just leave Lucy out there on her own like that... it just doesn't sit well with me. I understand all her logic and wanting to protect Bobby and I'm not questioning how "realistic" it is but my God, that's cold. Especially after the scene in the flashback episode where Lucy was pouring her heart out to Jane about how Jane was always their mum and all that. It just made me feel sick, genuinely sick. I almost did like Ian and threw up when she said she put her in the boot.

I'd assume that Peter isn't in many more episodes then if he's already finished filming, although Lauren finished filming before Christmas and is still on screen so you never know. I'd love if they left together. I'm totally on board with Peter not being on board with keeping quiet for Bobby.

Anyway.... well done, Eastenders, that was one hell of an episode.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Yeah, I agree about Jane and am with Peter. One cold, calculating b*tch (I loved her acting by the way). Ian should show her the door.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I agree about Jane and am with Peter. One cold, calculating b*tch (I loved her acting by the way). Ian should show her the door.

Not to pick holes in the story but Jane said she was going to bring her to the hospital but at the junction changed her mind. BULLSHNIT! Was she going to roll up at the hospital and drag Lucy out of the boot? I think not!! Of course it was probably more of a subconscious thing rather than her lying to Ian and Peter but still. Cold, cold, cold!

They kind of brushed over it too but I did like that they vaguely explained how Emma figured it all out. It was still pretty much guess work but she was right. I am assuming Lauren only figured out that it was one of the Beales that did it, not which one specifically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Not to pick holes in the story but Jane said she was going to bring her to the hospital but at the junction changed her mind. BULLSHNIT! Was she going to roll up at the hospital and drag Lucy out of the boot? I think not!! Of course it was probably more of a subconscious thing rather than her lying to Ian and Peter but still. Cold, cold, cold!

They kind of brushed over it too but I did like that they vaguely explained how Emma figured it all out. It was still pretty much guess work but she was right. I am assuming Lauren only figured out that it was one of the Beales that did it, not which one specifically.

I was thinking the same about the fact that she had the body in the boot of the car.

Excellent episode all round, last night, and well done to all, especially the Beales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭turffooter

fr336 wrote: »
    If it pleased me and you it must have been good :D:cool:

???? i have never given out about the quality this week? !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Am i the only one who didn't like Friday's episode? I loved it all week, thought it was everything that makes eastenders great; dark and consistent with the early days (loved the recreation of episode 1) was glued to the screen but found Friday to be a snooze-fest and the letter utterly nauseating. Lucy would never have written a letter like that, drug problem or not.

Just watching the Graham Norton special there and I thought it was funny that they were concerned about Hetti Bywater having a different haircut when she came back for the flashback episode but didn't seem to care that Bobby had a whole new head :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

Update about the random man on the live shows:

'Revealed: EastEnders' 'creepy' man lurking behind Zoe Ball is 'recently-widowed elderly extra who doesn't deserve Twitter abuse''

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/revealed-eastenders-creepy-man-lurking-5202754

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

amtc wrote: »
    Slightly random but when Bobby came downstairs did anyway notice his ears? He didn't have a visible one on the left and a huge massive red one on the right!

That's because he a Devil Child :P

Anyway, good week of EE ,but I was hoping it was one of the adult characters and we might have had a dramatic showdown of some sort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Zippie84 wrote: »
    Update about the random man on the live shows:

'Revealed: EastEnders' 'creepy' man lurking behind Zoe Ball is 'recently-widowed elderly extra who doesn't deserve Twitter abuse''

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/revealed-eastenders-creepy-man-lurking-5202754

To be honest I laughed at him but thought it was just a bit of harmless fun after the success of the live episode. Giving people abuse like he was getting is ridiculous and nasty, it says more about the person than the abused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

piperh wrote: »
    To be honest I laughed at him but thought it was just a bit of harmless fun after the success of the live episode. Giving people abuse like he was getting is ridiculous and nasty, it says more about the person than the abused.

Absolutely. The fact that the Bobbie Beale girl in America and this guy got so much abuse is just another sign of the keyboard warrior mentality we have on the internet way too often these days.

Much of it harmless fun, but too often it goes way beyond that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Wow,can't believe it's all over now! :-(

I have to say I was disappointed in the Bobby reveal,especially as he'd been bookie's favourite for the last three weeks or so,thought it was too obvious.

Plus I had convinced myself that it was Lola who killed her due to a whole host of subtle "clues" which obviously now weren't clues at all! I really overthought the whole thing when in reality it ended up being very simplistic! All my "clues" tho really do point to her & it would've been quite clever had it transpired,would've made for an even better outcome imo but there you go.

The live episode was simply outstanding. I completely forgot it was even live which is an amazing feat. Adam Woodyatt in particular was phenomenal & Ben Hardy was actually the best I've ever seen him. I'm going to miss him when he's gone. :-(

I thought the same about the whole boot thing - how can Jane say she intended bringing her to the hospital if she bundled her into the boot?!
    And another thing which I'm not sure is a plot-hole or intentional is when Jane said she carried Lucy to the common holding her against her chest like a child. I know Lucy was only a slip of a thing but a dead body weighs a lot. Are we to believe that Jane was able to carry the dead weight of Lucy like a child while simultaneously lighting the way with her phone?? There's just no way.....

Perhaps this was an oversight or perhaps it is setting up a further revelation down the line that someone (Max?) helped her move the body.

Overall tho,what a spectacular week. They have really put Corrie to shame, (altho Corrie are already doing that themselves tbh.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

What's going on there? Doesn't everyone think they're already married? Then Dean found out they weren't and Linda didn't want it to get out. Or did I miss something and they confessed that they're not actually married?

IIRC Dean told the family on Christmas day that Mick and Linda weren't married.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭turffooter

MelanieC wrote: »

I have to say I was disappointed in the Bobby reveal,especially as he'd been bookie's favourite for the last three weeks or so,thought it was too obvious.

Plus I had convinced myself that it was Lola who killed her due to a whole host of subtle "clues" which obviously now weren't clues at all! I really overthought the whole thing when in reality it ended up being very simplistic! All my "clues" tho really do point to her & it would've been quite clever had it transpired,would've made for an even better outcome imo but there you go.

The live episode was simply outstanding. I completely forgot it was even live which is an amazing feat. Adam Woodyatt in particular was phenomenal & Ben Hardy was actually the best I've ever seen him. I'm going to miss him when he's gone. :-(

I thought the same about the whole boot thing - how can Jane say she intended bringing her to the hospital if she bundled her into the boot?!
    And another thing which I'm not sure is a plot-hole or intentional is when Jane said she carried Lucy to the common holding her against her chest like a child. I know Lucy was only a slip of a thing but a dead body weighs a lot. Are we to believe that Jane was able to carry the dead weight of Lucy like a child while simultaneously lighting the way with her phone?? There's just no way.....

Perhaps this was an oversight or perhaps it is setting up a further revelation down the line that someone (Max?) helped her move the body.

Overall tho,what a spectacular week. They have really put Corrie to shame, (altho Corrie are already doing that themselves tbh.)

you never told us these clues! genuinely intrigued to hear them!

MelanieC wrote: »

I don't know that it was obvious so much as it just made sense. The stuff Emma and then Lauren found out made it clear she was killed at home and then it was just a matter of eliminating people from the list.

You (I think?) keep saying Lola but I don't remember anything really pointing to Lola at all?

I have come to think the boot thing was her subconscious knowing she was never going to take Lucy to the hospital. She may have thought she would but deep down she knew there was no point. Can't explain her being able to carry her though, even as a slip of a thing dead weight is heavier. I would have loved Ian or Peter to question that part of the story too. Although I was already feeling sick after she said she was in the boot, I'd have passed out if she said she dragged her. :(

IIRC Dean told the family on Christmas day that Mick and Linda weren't married.

Thank you. I must've missed that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Rewatched the whole week again this afternoon - just brilliant. Really was a spectacular week and had a lot of fun writing up my blog post on it this evening - which hasn't been the case in quite some time as most of the soaps have been lacking a certain umph recently, but ended up just typing away like a madman with this one.

Link to the Blog Post if anyone's interested

I'm still quite upset about Jane dumping Lucy like that. It just keeps popping into my head at random times and making me sad. I am a bit ill today so maybe it's just my brain has gone to mush and I'm not just going mad....

I would of loved to see Jane moving and dragging the body to the woods as I said before the flashback should of been an hour long

I would of loved to see Jane moving and dragging the body to the woods as I said before the flashback should of been an hour long

Yeah, but then what would they have done in the live episode. Jane rehashing what we'd already seen in the flashback wouldn't have had the same impact. I don't think so anyway.

• Advertisement

How long till Max tries to shag Kathy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement