Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

How long till Max tries to shag Kathy

She's far too old for him.

She's far too old for him.

& Lucy was to young for Max :D

He's picky if it's got a pulse Max will play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

& Lucy was to young for Max :D

He's picky if it's got a pulse Max will play

Now a grandaughter and grandmother combo would be a bit much. Yuck.

Witchie wrote: »
    Now a mother and grandmother combo would be a bit much. Yuck.

Ewwww. Did Max have a thing with Jane once too? Or am I imagining that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Ewwww. Did Max have a thing with Jane once too? Or am I imagining that?

Sorry no meant grandaughter but didn't they all consider a wife swap one time with Jane and Tanya?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

10994979_660698117368700_1399350763_n.jpg

anyone seen denny and i dont mean the sausages

Witchie wrote: »
    Sorry no meant grandaughter but didn't they all consider a wife swap one time with Jane and Tanya?

Yeah, I know what you meant, I was just wondering was a daughter, stepmother, grandmother combo possible for Max but I think you're right, it was a wife swap they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

My favourite thing about Richard Blackwood joining the cast is the possibility that this song may start getting played on the radio again... Ah, memories...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

have to say i am not a mick fan (danny dyer is a shocking actor - multiple takes apparently!) but the dynamics between mick and nancy are lovely. really hope nancy and tamwar get together, so different but such a lovely pair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

have to say i am not a mick fan (danny dyer is a shocking actor - multiple takes apparently!) but the dynamics between mick and nancy are lovely. really hope nancy and tamwar get together, so different but such a lovely pair.

It has been widely known that he never drops a line. Nancy even said it on the radio that it was a privilege to work alongside him. He has one of the highest wages in the soap and well deserved too. Danny Dyer is a fantastic actor and soap is a walk in the park for him. I am extremely peeved at your disregard for him tbh when it's unfounded entirely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

There has to have been an accomplice. Boot..carrying...and phone....money on Masood.

Btw what is it with the aerial shots recently? I know London pretty well and it looks as if the Shard, Canary wharf and the dome are all just over the road!

eternal wrote: »
    It has been widely known that he never drops a line. Nancy even said it on the radio that it was a privilege to work alongside him. He has one of the highest wages in the soap and well deserved too. Danny Dyer is a fantastic actor and soap is a walk in the park for him. I am extremely peeved at your disregard for him tbh when it's unfounded entirely.

really? i think he has great presence and in that respect he adds a lot but in no way is he a great actor. each to their own though and im not going to disregard your opinion of him. but unfortunately it is true he takes multiple takes for a scene (i dont know where you heard otherwise!!) and that is not a good thing. Look at Adam Woodyat and Laurie , mimi and even ben hardy (who really surprised me last night0. What they done is acting. Danny Dyer and his over acting and mouth expressions is not easy to watch. I admit he does add to the show as he is a big name and has great presence but no i wont change my mind on his acting performances, sorry. wages in acting means very little nothing by the way, sorry. look at hollywood. it is notierity mainly. and no need to be peeved off if i dont like his acting, it is my opinion (and very many also) I amnt stating a fact.

amtc wrote: »
    There has to have been an accomplice. Boot..carrying...and phone....money on Masood.

Btw what is it with the aerial shots recently? I know London pretty well and it looks as if the Shard, Canary wharf and the dome are all just over the road!

ah the aerial shots were just to add to the occasion, just like the fireworks. really had nothing to do with the show at all, just the institution of eastenders. although the location shot of phil meeting kathy was spectacular considering the secrecy of it all ( i knew straight away when him and billy had the chat she was coming back "that problem is dead and buried" but even still it took me aside to see it! Apparently her family didnt even know she was back it EE! What a week though! And to think corrie has stories about chicken coups! it really is mad how extremely god EE is at the moment!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

really? i think he has great presence and in that respect he adds a lot but in no way is he a great actor. each to their own though and im not going to disregard your opinion of him. but unfortunately it is true he takes multiple takes for a scene (i dont know where you heard otherwise!!) and that is not a good thing. Look at Adam Woodyat and Laurie , mimi and even ben hardy (who really surprised me last night0. What they done is acting. Danny Dyer and his over acting and mouth expressions is not easy to watch. I admit he does add to the show as he is a big name and has great presence but no i wont change my mind on his acting performances, sorry. wages in acting means very little nothing by the way, sorry. look at hollywood. it is notierity mainly. and no need to be peeved off if i dont like his acting, it is my opinion (and very many also) I amnt stating a fact.

How could he have a lot of takes in a live episode? And please, the lower case writing hurts my eyes. If I did a poll on thIs thread I can assure you the favour would be with him, he's a great actor. You just argue about everything.

amtc wrote: »

i ope massood is involved. he is such a good actor and id love him and ian to have some extreme scenes together. Are Tanya or christian back? both would add so much to the show (Hows Adam!!!) Yeah, i feel there is a lot more to the dumping and i hope it is pursued,. I hope bobbys state of mind is consistent wit what he has done (surely he knows - when i was that age i wouldnt be that naive)

How could he have a lot of takes in a live episode? And please, the lower case writing hurts my eyes. If I did a poll on thIs thread I can assure you the favour would be with him, he's a great actor. You just argue about everything.

if you disagree with my opinion just dont write back!! i amn't looking for your opinion or confirmation. i am just stating mine. and the irony is you are arguing against my opinion....... i just said i accept your view. i am not arguing. i am merely saying the guy isn't a good actor and i don't mind if your future poll disagrees! we all have our own views and there isnt any way to quantify acting! so maybe lay off me and accept we have differing views in this respect. oh and i hope i didnt hurt your eyes!!!

i am talking about in general, danny dyer is notorious for having to take a lot of takes. he wasnt bad in the live episode but by no way great! (IN MY OPINION) ( note the upper case!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Hmm, couldn't see Max or Abi being the innocent party that's arrested as Lauren will probably know the full truth. Won't be Cindy or Ben.

You're probably looking at one of Billy, Jay or Lee. I'll go with the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

there isnt any way to quantify acting!

Er say what.

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Hmm, couldn't see Max or Abi being the innocent party that's arrested as Lauren will probably know the full truth. Won't be Cindy or Ben.

You're probably looking at one of Billy, Jay or Lee. I'll go with the latter.

How do you know anyone gets arrested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

How do you know anyone gets arrested?

It's in the link below.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

if you disagree with my opinion just dont write back!! i amn't looking for your opinion or confirmation. i am just stating mine. and the irony is you are arguing against my opinion....... i just said i accept your view. i am not arguing. i am merely saying the guy isn't a good actor and i don't mind if your future poll disagrees! we all have our own views and there isnt any way to quantify acting! so maybe lay off me and accept we have differing views in this respect. oh and i hope i didnt hurt your eyes!!!

i am talking about in general, danny dyer is notorious for having to take a lot of takes. he wasnt bad in the live episode but by no way great! (IN MY OPINION) ( note the upper case!!)

What? You don't own the thread. And you argued with practically everybody who posted a different theory to yours before the reveal. Get over yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

ENOUGH! Back to discussing Eastenders please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Danny Dyer has been phenomenal since joining EastEnders and has probably surprised most with how good he is. The fact that he's picked up Best Soap Actor at several awards (most of which are audience voted) just proves what a great addition to the cast he is.

Thought the scenes with Mick and Ian this week were really nice, especially the one at the end of Friday's episode during the Fireworks display which only had about 5 words between the two of them, but it book ended the whole week wonderfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Danny Dyer has been phenomenal since joining EastEnders and has probably surprised most with how good he is. The fact that he's picked up Best Soap Actor at several awards (most of which are audience voted) just proves what a great addition to the cast he is.

Thought the scenes with Mick and Ian this week were really nice, especially the one at the end of Friday's episode during the Fireworks display which only had about 5 words between the two of them, but it book ended the whole week wonderfully.

Loved that scene as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How did Emma realise Lucy was killed at her own home with the jewellery box?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

There could yet be another twist to this in relation to the cold and calculated dumping of Lucy's body in the Common.

We're told Jane carried Lucy from the house to the boot, (yes boot, she was never going t bring her to the hospital). This was taking a huge risk on her own as it would have been very conspicuous.

Something like this smacks of a certain Mr. Branning. We did see him looking at the back door to the Beale household in the flashback episode. Did he enter? Did he help Jane decide how to handle the situation?

What we got Friday was the version Jane gave, not necessarily the whole truth. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Excellent question thats baffled me now that you mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

New trailer for Eastenders
    Preview of what coming up

http://youtu.be/Ah8V59CQ5Lk

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Excellent question thats baffled me now that you mention it.

Don't think Emma knew anything about the jewelry box. She just figured out she'd been killed at home.

There could yet be another twist to this in relation to the cold and calculated dumping of Lucy's body in the Common.

We're told Jane carried Lucy from the house to the boot, (yes boot, she was never going t bring her to the hospital). This was taking a huge risk on her own as it would have been very conspicuous.

Something like this smacks of a certain Mr. Branning. We did see him looking at the back door to the Beale household in the flashback episode. Did he enter? Did he help Jane decide how to handle the situation?

What we got Friday was the version Jane gave, not necessarily the whole truth. :)

Max thought Abby had killed Lucy up until the other night. The only way he would have helped Jane move Lucy is if she told him it was Abby, or realised he thought it was Abby and let him keep thinking it. I'd rather Max wasn't involved in this plot too but it would remove the one part of the explanation I find upsetting. So... we'll see.

Did Emma say something to Max like "You knew" when he was taking her to the hospital? I remember some people thought that's what she said but then others thought it was something else, can't remember what we settled on.

EDIT: Just looked back through the old thread and it was actually "it wasn't there" that Emma said to Max. Obviously referring to Jane's car and the fact that Jane said she saw Lauren at that exact time from Masoods is what put Emma onto her. I'm glad all of that stuff made sense. I was dreading there being huge gaping holes in the logic or no explanation at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Another vote for Danny Dyer here.
    I never thought of him as a great actor prior to Eastenders but I think that was more so because the films he starred in tended to be a bit shít, regardless of the acting.
    He has been brilliant in Eastenders. He has great chemistry with all of the Carters, you could even see that in the live episodes, but especially so with Linda and Nancy. I love his scenes with Nancy, they soften him a lot and he does play the doting father very well with Johnny and Lee (although I don't think Lee's character has been developed fully just yet).
    He also has great chemistry with the other characters.
    You see some actors come into the soap, the actress that plays Shabnam for example, and they don't have a lot of scenes (which she hasn't until her recent storyline) so it's difficult to see them gel with everybody but I'd say at this stage Danny Dyer has had a scene with pretty much everyone in the show and you can see he just fits.

I only really started watching Eastenders regularly when the Carters arrived and particularly in the last few months of last year when the whole family were centre stage. Prior to that I only watched it occasionally and it had become a bit stale.
    Eastenders definitely deserved the best soap award at the NTA recently and Danny Dyer definitely deserved his award.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement