Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Just watched last night's episode and the paper Lauren found said "Doesn't Add Up" not "Doesn't Approve". So the only real clue is the time frame and the phone numbers. It could be just one phone number though. I've a few family members in the UK and their numbers seem strangely long compared to ours. Either way I assume that's what Lauren recognised. 100% safe to rule Lauren out completely at this stage.

I agree with the previous few posts about Stan. Vile old man. If he's so bad though surely he'd be on morphine which basically finishes the patients off anyway? Still, don't see why he can't just pop to the local chemist and get a box of Solpadene or something similar and down the whole lot himself.

Kush and Shabs were very cute. I don't think they'll replace Lauren and Peter in my heart but at least they're both likable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

J I've a few family members in the UK and their numbers seem strangely long compared to ours. .

somewhat unrelated to eastenders, but I know live in UK. We have a 07X prefix, followed by 8 numbers - rather than the 7 in Ireland, after the 08X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,286 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Peter was meeting Lucy the night she died to give her drugs, could be his number as his alibi don't check out

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Peter was meeting Lucy the night she died to give her drugs, could be his number as his alibi don't check out

Are they likely to be
    the drugs that were found in her room after? Meaning he gave them to her and she made it back home after meeting him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

i dont get the lauren/peter love in tbh. they have very little scenes together, let alone any interesting dialogue. its all very based on the fact they are good looking people! i have always found peter beales character to be bland anyway, no charisma or wit. just kind of stands there looking pretty or gets angry sometime!

• Advertisement

i dont get the lauren/peter love in tbh. they have very little scenes together, let alone any interesting dialogue. its all very based on the fact they are good looking people! i have always found peter beales character to be bland anyway, no charisma or wit. just kind of stands there looking pretty or gets angry sometime!

I think the new Peter and Lauren have good chemistry and work well as a pairing

I think the new Peter and Lauren have good chemistry and work well as a pairing

They haven't had a lot to do lately, but I can only assume that's because of her real life pregnancy limiting what they can and can't shoot. The build up of their relationship in the aftermath of Lucy's death was very well done and it was, in my opinion, the first time New Peter became a character in his own right since coming into the show. It was also quite well written and acknowledged a number of times their past history which helped to give them a bit of depth as a couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

I find Jay worse. His acting is bland in the extreme, whether it's the plot he's given or what I don't know, I just never see much stretching of his acting abilities other than always sounding hacked off about something with the same blank expressionless face the whole time.

morebabies wrote: »
    I find Jay worse. His acting is bland in the extreme, whether it's the plot he's given or what I don't know, I just never see much stretching of his acting abilities other than always sounding hacked off about something with the same blank expressionless face the whole time.

totally disagree re Jay, he is a very good young actor and the character has a very charming personality! his scenes with Billy in the past are testament to that. they messed up pairing him with Abi, his character was forgettable for that time apart from the odd scene with Ben after the Heather incident . I anticipate he will be due a big story soon though.

Where is Martin ?

• Advertisement

Where is Martin ?

I think Sonia killed him.

Where is Martin ?

The new fella never came back was hoping he would maybe when Peter leaves he will to run the stall for Ian

The new fella never came back was hoping he would maybe when Peter leaves he will to run the stall for Ian

He was back just for one episode? (or do you mean after that episode?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Zippie84 wrote: »
    I think Sonia killed him.

Probably bored him to death...grrr I dislike Sonia greatly

Yep that's what I saw on screen last night.

Where did people get the 'disapproved' / 'disproved' bit from?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yep that's what I saw on screen last night.

Where did people get the 'disapproved' / 'disproved' bit from?

The prob saw the Doesn't Add Up and read it as disapproved, etc...

Loughc wrote: »
    The prob saw the Doesn't Add Up and read it as disapproved, etc...

Wondered that, but since I clearly saw it as 'doesn't add up' I'd thought there was a bit underneath that I missed since 'disapproved' is so different obv

i thought i had cracked it!!!!!!!!!1 i remember there is a distinct phone number on brannings motor and hits very close!

but not quite the same: 020 7496 0557

500px-Branning_Brothers.jpg

Just properly looked at the number.

It seems strange that it's a landline number not a mobile.

A mobile belonging to a person. A landline belonging to a home or business...

By the way, has anyone tried ringing it? ;)

• Advertisement

its not brannings motors or the arches. i am searching through google images to see if there are any other phone numbers that can be seen.

ps, i really think Zainab is returning at anniversary..................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

ps, i really think Zainab is returning at anniversary..................

I really hope so, I loved Zainab!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenn Coco

Just properly looked at the number.

It seems strange that it's a landline number not a mobile.

A mobile belonging to a person. A landline belonging to a home or business...

By the way, has anyone tried ringing it? ;)

SOC, scene of crime is the landline?

Les-and-Pam-Coker.jpg

Les and Pams number just ONE DIGIT off !!!

Les-and-Pam-Coker.jpg

Les and Pams number just ONE DIGIT off !!!

What's next door to the Undertakers then? That's how phone numbers work.... right? :confused:

Glenn Coco wrote: »

That would potentially make a lot of sense.

What's next door to the Undertakers then? That's how phone numbers work.... right? :confused:

You're joking about that being how phone numbers work, right...?

You're joking about that being how phone numbers work, right...?

Ahmmmm..... yes?

No, I was just clutching at straws.

Thing is though, if it's a land line number Emma knew their mobile number too because she sent them that text. Narrows it down a bit?

no. thats not how numbers work where i live anyway! otherwise there would be no privacy in the world!!!

• Advertisement

Glenn Coco wrote: »

Looks more like an 8 to me? 8 O'clock? Maybe?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement