Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ShazGV wrote: »
    So happy that Peter & Lauren left together after all, looks like they get a happy ending (...for now at least) :)

I'm sure they will return at some point with baby Lucy or baby Bradley

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Or baby Kathy:D:eek:

dee_mc wrote: »
    When peter told him he was moving to New Zealand, Bobby asked 'Is it because of what I did?' and then later asked 'Did I kill Lucy? Mum says I didn't but I don't know'. Then Peter told him of course he didn't, 'when has Mum ever been wrong?' and it was all happy huggy goodbyes.

I think Bobby knows he killed Lucy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Bobby knows he killed Lucy

I think he suspects but isn't 100%
    I also think they're underestimating 10/11 year old kids fairly hugely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,068 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Eastenders 40th anniversary live episode: 21 year old Bobby will confess killing Lucy in cold blood to Ian while standing on top of a roof, gloating about it after months of making Ian's life hell by tormenting with the ghosts of his past, a la Stephen and Lucy all those years ago. Goes to kill Ian for all his failures as a dad over the years ((initially abandoning him), the 79 times he and Jane will split up between now and then, and I'm guessing there is always going to be some deep-down, subconscious animosity from Ian to Bobby from now on, knowing that it was Bobby who killed Lucy), Jane manages to talk him down from killing Ian but then Bobby leaps to his death.

Pan across the square, duff, duff, duffduffduffduffdudududu...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Eastenders 40th anniversary live episode: 21 year old Bobby will confess killing Lucy in cold blood to Ian while standing on top of a roof, gloating about it after months of making Ian's life hell by tormenting with the ghosts of his past, a la Stephen and Lucy all those years ago. Goes to kill Ian for all his failures as a dad over the years ((initially abandoning him), the 79 times he and Jane will split up between now and then, and I'm guessing there is always going to be some deep-down, subconscious animosity from Ian to Bobby from now on, knowing that it was Bobby who killed Lucy), Jane manages to talk him down from killing Ian but then Bobby leaps to his death.

Pan across the square, duff, duff, duffduffduffduffdudududu...

You forgot the fireworks and cast members dancing around his dead body in celebration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

just caught up.

Glad that Peter and Lauren got their 'happy ending'.

Also glad that they haven't taken Bobby for a COMPLETE idiot.

The hole Lucy till will come out at EE 40th When Bobby is 21

also honesty from Ben I thought Abi would be honest with Ben and tell me to be who he is yet she messing with his head seriously TLC will be knocking at the front door for a reality show. Kathy can't come soon enough to help Ben

I love hearing Julia theme

New Marmite tv ad with Dean Gaffney (Robbie Jackson)

Cindy left home all alone, what will she do, party hard :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

dee_mc wrote: »
    I also think they're underestimating 10/11 year old kids fairly hugely

For sure. I've nieces and nephews around that age who would 'buy and sell you'.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Why can't Ben just be bisexual?? As far as I know he hasn't actually had a relationship (or even slept with) a guy.

I didn't really feel any emotion from that exit to be honest. Never really took to the new Peter and the exit was all just so rushed. I mean, why couldn't Lauren just follow him over there! She never even said goodbye to her mother! very much a coming down type of atmosphere after last few weeks.

And the "Did Mick kill Dean " story is hard to get gripped by because it is highly likely he didn't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Gee_G wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more about some posters here(not speaking about the one quoted, just in general!), I was always a regular poster here but I generally just read now, not post, as there is always someone sitting waiting to pounce and argue about what you say...gets a bit tiring,

+1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Oh the mick/dean story is a snoozefest. The content is too big for a sideline story so just really want it to go away.

Why does Shirley have a new personality? She's all soft and maternal and obsessed with her family.

Abi and Ben are pretty funny. She's turning into a proper nutjob and was a good candidate given she spent her life trying to please everyone before that. She has to get Jay back, him leaving her is obviously what made her crack.

When are they going to pick up the Denise / fat boy storyline again?

I'm surprised David wicks didn't show up for the birthday party. He was unbelievable at his mother's deathbed a year or two ago.

Where is Lola?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

dogcat wrote: »
    Also that Bobby questioning himself was shot in December? Strange how the actor wouldn't figure it out from that!

I think that scene was recorded only recently on Friday probably. If you take out that scene, you'd have no idea who killed Lucy on todays or yesterdays episodes.

Those visa offices must be quick in London :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Looking forward to the Kathy scenes. I thought it might have been a good storyline to have Ian spot Kathy while on his honeymoon but sure it's done now. That Taxi scene was quite odd indeed. Felt like her reappearance was just shoehorned into the live episodes for the sake of it, but anyway, great to have her full return imminent.

Be interesting to see where the whole Ben storyline goes now.

As an aside, hard to believe that the actress that plays Lauren was heavily pregnant for the few months or so of filming. Only reading today online that she gave birth last Sunday week. Would never have spotted it. Guess that explains some of the chunky outfits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Ben Hardy has been cast in X-men Apocalypse, don't think we'll be seeing him in Eastenders again!

Feel so bad for Ben mentally he is messed up. I wish someone would just sit down and talk to him I hope Kathy comes to his rescue

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Ben Hardy has been cast in X-men Apocalypse, don't think we'll be seeing him in Eastenders again!

fair play to him. I always just found him very wooden and stiff as an actor, expressed very little but perhapsthat is the character. i thought the same for Kim in Home and Away and the blondie man Peter??) who stars in the mentalist but they have proved big successes. He showed a few glimmers here and there with the lucy story and he can certainly play angry! But I never took to him much as a character and his leaving yesterday didn't bother me in slightest!

the only versions of either of the Beale twins i really liked was melissa suffields Lucy. Much better actress than Hetti i thought.

Mimi is brilliant though, she will certainly leave in a few years and should be a success.

Incidentally the name "ben hardy" has a real Hollywood tone to it!

• Advertisement

I'm getting fed up of the Carters now

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm getting fed up of the Carters now

I've not gotten fed up of them yet, but you're definitely not alone on this board - many here got fed up of them a long while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I quite like the Carters, Mick & Nancy have a lovely relationship. And Linda & Mick are a great example of a loving, supportive couple.

I do get that people are getting annoyed with Mick's involvement in so many different storylines, it was getting a bit much but seems to have pared back a good bit with the Lucy murder story taking over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Will miss Peter and Lauren on screen, they were a great couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I think this thread needs some humour after recent times.

eastenders-bbc-880138366.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,068 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Incidentally the name "ben hardy" has a real Hollywood tone to it!

Apparently he has jokingly called Tom Hardy his brother in interviews. Pretty sure they aren't related though.

Edit: Ah. His real name is Ben Jones.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I didn't really feel any emotion from that exit to be honest. Never really took to the new Peter and the exit was all just so rushed. I mean, why couldn't Lauren just follow him over there! She never even said goodbye to her mother! very much a coming down type of atmosphere after last few weeks.

I thought it was a lovely exit and got a bit emotional. It did seem a bit sudden after all the excitement of last week although I'd assume Jacqueline Jossa's pregnancy leave probably played into Peter's exit. I wonder how they would have done it if she hadn't been leaving or wasn't leaving right then.... if you know what I mean?

I quite like Jossa, and Lauren, but I kind of wish she wasn't coming back because it either means a Peter recast or their characters don't get their happy ending :(
    fair play to him. I always just found him very wooden and stiff as an actor, expressed very little but perhapsthat is the character. i thought the same for Kim in Home and Away and the blondie man Peter??) who stars in the mentalist but they have proved big successes. He showed a few glimmers here and there with the lucy story and he can certainly play angry! But I never took to him much as a character and his leaving yesterday didn't bother me in slightest!

I think he's a decent actor, the problem has been with his story lines, or lack of. Up until Lucy's death he didn't have anything proper to get his teeth into. The immediate aftermath of Lucy's death, the funeral and especially the live episode last week showed what he was capable of when given the material. Obviously on a soap with a massive cast you're never going to get that quality of scenes on a regular basis.

I am interested to know who he's playing in X-Men. He was mentioned in the casting rumours before Christmas in the running for young Cyclops but lost out to another actor. I guess they liked him for something else.

Now that the Lucy mystery is resolved and Lauren and Peter have left I'm not sure I can be bothered watching anymore.... I'm not invested enough in any of the other characters to tune in on a regular basis. Although I think the Linda/Dean story has been very well done it's not exactly an enjoyable story. I might just pop in here every now and then and follow it that way :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I thought it was a lovely exit and got a bit emotional. It did seem a bit sudden after all the excitement of last week although I'd assume Jacqueline Jossa's pregnancy leave probably played into Peter's exit. I wonder how they would have done it if she hadn't been leaving or wasn't leaving right then.... if you know what I mean?

I quite like Jossa, and Lauren, but I kind of wish she wasn't coming back because it either means a Peter recast or their characters don't get their happy ending :(

I think he's a decent actor, the problem has been with his story lines, or lack of. Up until Lucy's death he didn't have anything proper to get his teeth into. The immediate aftermath of Lucy's death, the funeral and especially the live episode last week showed what he was capable of when given the material. Obviously on a soap with a massive cast you're never going to get that quality of scenes on a regular basis.

I am interested to know who he's playing in X-Men. He was mentioned in the casting rumours before Christmas in the running for young Cyclops but lost out to another actor. I guess they liked him for something else.

Now that the Lucy mystery is resolved and Lauren and Peter have left I'm not sure I can be bothered watching anymore.... I'm not invested enough in any of the other characters to tune in on a regular basis. Although I think the Linda/Dean story has been very well done it's not exactly an enjoyable story. I might just pop in here every now and then and follow it that way :D

Purely going on looks and the X-men storyline they're using I suspect he's Angel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

It was the end of an era with Peter and Lauren walking off like that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

eternal wrote: »
    It was the end of an era with Peter and Lauren walking off like that.

I know the actors have changed but Peter as a character has been on the Square for the best part of 21 years. Lauren has been there a long time too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement