Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I know the actors have changed but Peter as a character has been on the Square for the best part of 21 years. Lauren has been there a long time too.

It's weird to see them now under different actors when trying to think about their history, which is the main reason they're now together imo i.e. first loves, slight convienience in a way, safe bet in Lauren's case. This will probably be why it eventually fizzles out.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

fr336 wrote: »
    It's weird to see them now under different actors when trying to think about their history, which is the main reason they're now together imo i.e. first loves, slight convienience in a way, safe bet in Lauren's case. This will probably be why it eventually fizzles out.

Bit of a cynical way of looking at it. ;)

You could say they've known each other for half their lives, they've been through a lot together through the years and when Lucy died they realised how much they actually meant to one another. Given they've both had pretty awful childhoods and terrible parents they've maybe also realised that they've been the only constants in each others lives. Then again maybe that's an overly sentimental view of it all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

You could say they've known each other for half their lives, they've been through a lot together through the years and when Lucy died they realised how much they actually meant to one another. Given they've both had pretty awful childhoods and terrible parents they've maybe also realised that they've been the only constants in each others lives. Then again maybe that's an overly sentimental view of it all. :)

No it balanced out my cynicism nicely :D:) I guess they will break up though as Lauren will almost certainly be coming back to the show soon enough. I don't think they should recast Peter again, at least for the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Apparently he has jokingly called Tom Hardy his brother in interviews. Pretty sure they aren't related though.

Edit: Ah. His real name is Ben Jones.

I cant see Tom taking kindly to that :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

And they both have psychotic siblings

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

IvySlayer wrote: »
    And they both have psychotic siblings

psychotic in what sense?

fr336 wrote: »
    No it balanced out my cynicism nicely :D:) I guess they will break up though as Lauren will almost certainly be coming back to the show soon enough. I don't think they should recast Peter again, at least for the moment.

I think the Branning mob have run their course, to be honest. They've been on the show for maybe 8 years at this point. As I said earlier I like Lauren and Jacqueline Jossa but it wouldn't bother me if the characters stayed gone.

I think the Branning mob have run their course, to be honest. They've been on the show for maybe 8 years at this point. As I said earlier I like Lauren and Jacqueline Jossa but it wouldn't bother me if the characters stayed gone.

I think like Mitchell and Beale, Branning name is so well associated with the show it needs to have a few in it

Now we have Dot (by marriage), Carol, Abi and Max left

BTW when is EE killing off Jim on screen?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

BTW when is EE killing off Jim on screen?

Did they not do that already?

when is EE killing off Jim on screen?

It's long over due

• Advertisement

I presumed it'd already happened as it had been so long, but seems otherwise having looked online.

The actor who played Jim, John Bardon died in real life last September but he hasn't on screen yet

The actor who played Jim, John Bardon died in real life last September but he hasn't on screen yet

I thought they had killed him off screen before he actually died. Must be thinking of someone else.

I thought they had killed him off screen before he actually died. Must be thinking of someone else.

Dot still visits Jim when she isn't banged up

Not sure of the full story but
    Linda's gonna ring social services on Kat.

Zippie84 wrote: »
    Not sure of the full story but
    Linda's gonna ring social services on Kat.

I think Kat goes on a bender in the Vic after hours not sure who with, maybe Shirley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I think Kat goes on a bender in the Vic after hours not sure who with, maybe Shirley

With Kim I think

dee_mc wrote: »
    With Kim I think

Actually, come to think of it, we haven't seen much of Kim and Kat together since Kim back, have we? Bestie mates that they are and all.

Currently watching episode 2 of Eastenders on youtube.

Reminders of what a different world it was then.

Currently have Pauline smoking while pregnant, and Angie offering a guy from the brewery whisky while driving.

Would obviously never see any of those now.

Was also the calendar of the topless women hanging in the pub in episode 1.

Kat Pushes Linda she has a fall wonder if she loses the baby

• Advertisement

yep think that's what we see in the trailer and
    think it seems that she's pushing her to grab her phone off her and stop her calling social services

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Zippie84 wrote: »
    yep think that's what we see in the trailer and
    think it seems that she's pushing her to grab her phone off her and stop her calling social services

Oh yeah, that all fits in together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Just caught the end of it there. Haven't a clue of the names. But obviously that's his long lost mother :eek:

Sharon's brother looks like Bernard from Republic of Telly :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Completely underwhelmed by the Sharon storyline.

Completely underwhelmed by the Sharon storyline.

Be better if her birth mother was someone we knew or connected to someone we knew

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Sick of looking at Nancy lurking around sulking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Be better if her birth mother was someone we knew or connected to someone we knew

When Cora revealed she had a child before marriage I really thought Sharon would be her daughter. It would have made more sense than who turned out to be her daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

KKkitty wrote: »
    When Cora revealed she had a child before marriage I really thought Sharon would be her daughter. It would have made more sense than who turned out to be her daughter.

Maybe but it would've been very coincidental and I imagine a lot of people would have called it lazy script writing

• Advertisement

Pearl Denise Patrice :p lovely

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement