Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Kat is a disgrace. always hammered and her with no money supposedly. Always ready for a scrap too...great example of wee Tommy . The state of her.

Great example 'for' wee Tommy, I meant.

I laughed when Tommy propped up at the bar on the stool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Ann22 wrote: »
    Kat is a disgrace. always hammered and her with no money supposedly. Always ready for a scrap too...great example of wee Tommy . The state of her.

Yes she is a total disgrace but where is the annoying Alfie? Father of the year he most certainly is not. Where was Stacey's little girl yesterday? All the fuss was over Kats 3 boys, Stacey was at her job interview till after 8 at night. No mention at all of her daughter.

A lot of people don't like how affectionate how the Carter family are. I am the opposite at least they try unlike other family just ignore each other. I love my family I wish they were a bit like them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Yes she is a total disgrace but where is the annoying Alfie? Father of the year he most certainly is not. Where was Stacey's little girl yesterday? All the fuss was over Kats 3 boys, Stacey was at her job interview till after 8 at night. No mention at all of her daughter.

Yes where is Alfie gone to

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes where is Alfie gone to

got some fancy job apparently

Panto :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

In Soho

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a632995/michelle-collins-there-is-no-reason-cindy-cant-return-to-eastenders.html#~p5YseuNrspbI83

Now Cindy wants to return to Eastenders

Cue all DEAD Eastenders characters wanting to return like Kathy

• Advertisement

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a632995/michelle-collins-there-is-no-reason-cindy-cant-return-to-eastenders.html#~p5YseuNrspbI83

I would welcome Dennis back :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

I would welcome Dennis back :p

I want David back!!!!!

Lisha wrote: »
    I want David back!!!!!

He isn't dead but yes I would love to see David Wicks back too

Carol kisses Billy, maybe Billy is finally going to get lucky :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

A lot of people don't like how affectionate how the Carter family are. I am the opposite at least they try unlike other family just ignore each other. I love my family I
    wish they were a bit like them.

I agree. I like the dynamic of the Carters,how they all get on - much needed in Albert Square where most families are shouting at each other all the time. I also like the affection,especially by Mick towards Linda & Mick towards Nancy. It's very sweet.

The only thing I don't like tho is Mick's "affection" towards Linda's mother - I don't think it's normal or appropriate for him to be kissing her on the lips or patting her bum! I know I would not like my hubby acting like that with my mother,no matter how much of a cheeky chappy he is! Cringe!!

MelanieC wrote: »
    I agree. I like the dynamic of the Carters,how they all get on - much needed in Albert Square where most families are shouting at each other all the time. I also like the affection,especially by Mick towards Linda & Mick towards Nancy. It's very sweet.

The only thing I don't like tho is Mick's "affection" towards Linda's mother - I don't think it's normal or appropriate for him to be kissing her on the lips or patting her bum! I know I would not like my hubby acting like that with my mother,no matter how much of a cheeky chappy he is! Cringe!!

Danny Dyer is very hands on touchy I'd say, didn't he try and squeeze Mary Berry's buns :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Danny Dyer is very hands on touchy I'd say, didn't he try and squeeze Mary Berry's buns :p

I thought only Paul Hollywood was allowed to squeeze MBs buns!!! :-p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Dennis... David wicks... Eddie the gangster... Sean the hot ginger... Loved 'em all. Probably dennis the best but Eddie was the funniest; the episode where he dragged Sam mitchell onto the road, wrestled her wedding ring from her finger then left her outside because she had lost all her own money (all he was interested in) was one of my all time faves.

I think the DD flirting with his MIL is pretty hilarious.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The Carter's closeness makes them the only family you actually believe would close ranks if something bad happened and protect the fahm-lee at all costs. The others all do it but it rarely makes sense. The Mitchell's, Beale's etc. can barely stand one another most of the time yet go to ridiculous lengths to keep things from the police or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

The Mitchell's, Beale's etc. can barely stand one another most of the time yet go to ridiculous lengths to keep things from the police or whatever.

I think a lot of families who don't get on will close ranks if there is trouble coming at them from the law etc

Look after your own I guess.

Plenty just like getting one over on the law!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

A lot of people don't like how affectionate how the Carter family are. I am the opposite at least they try unlike other family just ignore each other. I love my family I wish they were a bit like them.

Ah I love it.
    I would also say that Danny Dyer has probably added a few of his own characteristics to Mick. I can imagine him being quite like his character in real life.
    He isn't dead but yes I would love to see David Wicks back too

Carol kisses Billy, maybe Billy is finally going to get lucky :p
    Carol as in Max's mum?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

Hi Ian.

So, yes, your son killed your daughter, oh but by the way, don't worry all of your other dead relatives are actually alive.

Ah I love it.
    I would also say that Danny Dyer has probably added a few of his own characteristics to Mick. I can imagine him being quite like his character in real life.

Carol as in Max's mum?

No,
    Carol as in Max's sister

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Zippie84 wrote: »
    Hi Ian.

So, yes, your son killed your daughter, oh but by the way, don't worry all of your other dead relatives are actually alive.

Silver Linings....... ;-)

Curlysue76 wrote:

I haven't seen Denny, the evil one, in ages either....silly name.
    Makes me think of sausages.

Ann22 wrote: »
    I haven't seen Denny, the evil one, in ages either....silly name.
    Makes me think of sausages.

Yes. I mean, would've made sense just to keep calling him his actual name, Dennis, and of course good scope for some Dennis the Menace storylines.

Notice how happy Sharon is lately and how she is liked more on here too without Phil and Denny :p

Notice how happy Sharon lately and how she is liked more on here too without Phil and Denny :p

Sharon need to half her own family & be in charge bring her her step family

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Was very realistic having Kat drunk in the pub with her kids watching.

I drank in some right dumps in my time and you'd see it going on & it would break your heart.

Was very realistic having Kat drunk in the pub with her kids watching.

I drank in some right dumps in my time and you'd see it going on & it would break your heart.

Yep. And I was a kid who was carted round the pubs by my mother, so know it definitely does.

I feel torn on this one. Because of personal experiences I can identify with the torment Kat must be feeling after the Harry stuff being dragged up again, and sending her on a downward spiral.

But as the daughter of a very neglectful mother it's incredibly hard to watch, and know the affect it really does have on the kids.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Soaps are supposed to reflect real life though, aren't they? As hard as it may be for someone who relates to whatever is happening I'd imagine it's better if they're getting it right than brushing over it or acting like it's no big deal?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement