Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

Soaps are supposed to reflect real life though, aren't they? As hard as it may be for someone who relates to whatever is happening I'd imagine it's better if they're getting it right than brushing over it or acting like it's no big deal?

Based on previous posts, I'm not sure what this relates to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Whitney not work in the centre crèche anymore where Cora's daughter (cant think of her name, Dexter's mother) was the boss

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Zippie84 wrote: »
    Based on previous posts, I'm not sure what this relates to?

Thought it was pretty obvious it relates to the post immediately before it talking about identifying with what's happening on screen.

Thought it was pretty obvious it relates to the post immediately before it talking about identifying with what's happening on screen.

Ah ok cool..

No, I honestly didn't make the connection cos your post was about whether it should reflect reality or brush over things, but my previous post hadn't mentioned that or been related to that question.

But if you're asking, from my perspective, it is absolutely imperative that they show the reality. If the Harry stuff came back up again and we DIDN'T see Kat go on a downward spiral I'd be fuming. The reality of that stuff coming back up is painful beyond belief, and that needs to be reflected in the story.

Saying I felt conflicted was nothing to do with the question over whether it should be realistic or brushed over, and I wasn't mentioning anything along that lines. There is no doubts that if they are going to cover such stories they need to be realistic.

Tonight's episode has been really well done.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Whitney trying to act serious. Not very impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,068 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Whitney not work in the centre crèche anymore where Cora's daughter (cant think of her name, Dexter's mother) was the boss

Didn't she get sacked after all of Denny Rashers and Sharon's shenanigans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I liked tonight's episode with Linda, Kat, Kim and Shirley in the Vic - I really enjoy those types of episodes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Whitney is pathetic, talk about clingy!

It was too much to hope for that Lee was going to leave.

Maybe, but I think a lot of people would be the same in her shoes.

• Advertisement

Eastenders was amazing last night. I loved when they do night time episodes with a selection of characters. It was really well done with feel more involved with the characters.

Wonder who the guy was in the car following Kat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I think it is something to do with Harry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

kitten_k wrote: »
    I think it is something to do with Harry.

And that money she was left lately maybe

Eastenders was amazing last night. I loved when they do night time episodes with a selection of characters. It was really well done with feel more involved with the characters.

Wonder who the guy was in the car following Kat

Was he not after Kim?

I thought Lee left the army and now he is going back as a bomb disposal expert :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Agreed with everyone that last night's episode was great. Though my favourite part was probably Shirley sitting back watching the other three chat as she ate her kebab. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Was he not after Kim?

I thought Lee left the army and now he is going back as a bomb disposal expert :confused:

It seemed to be Kat he was looking at and talking about when he made his phone call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

ShazGV wrote: »
    Agreed with everyone that last night's episode was great. Though my favourite part was probably Shirley sitting back watching the other three chat as she ate her kebab. :D

Brilliant

Kim: and he was covered in blood
    Linda: did he attack you?
    Shirley: I love this lettuce.

Kat was eating the kebab too :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

It was too much to hope for that Lee was going to leave.

Yeah, the casting of Lee and the character himself were a step too far for the Carter clan.Producer got a little greedy and he never really worked! Was far too clammy with the whole lot of them at one stage.

Didn't she get sacked after all of Denny Rashers and Sharon's shenanigans?

Oh yes I forgot that but didn't Ava get her the job back?

Where does Whitney work now?

• Advertisement

Was he not after Kim?

at the end he was looking and Kat & was on the phone and I found her and Kat got the duff duff so he defo was after her maybe got to do with Harry's money ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Kat waiting on social services dressed in hooker boots.

Great move Miss Moon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Great move Miss Moon.

Does she own anything other than hooker boots?

It's lovely to see how delicately they're handling the aftermath of Linda's story line.

Great move Miss Moon.

How did Social Services have Kat's mobile number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

The actor playing Patrick really deserves more credit than he is getting for his stroke victim depiction. Every stuttered sentence is believable and you almost forget it is only 9 0r 10 months since he suffered the ailment. Great character. One of my favourite ever scenes.......... - > "I love you Yolande, man!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I too really like Patrick. He's such a gentleman and quite handsome still. I spotted him recently on the chiller '10 Rillington Place' as the man who found John Christie's bodies in the hidden room.

Looks like Roxy and Charlie are "falling in loooooove"

^ And it's SO predictable! I think we've all seen it coming since Ronnie went into a coma. Though they do have far better chemistry together than Roxy & Aleks or Charlie & Ronnie.

• Advertisement

^ And it's SO predictable! I think we've all seen it coming since Ronnie went into a coma. Though they do have far better chemistry together than Roxy & Aleks or Charlie & Ronnie.

Aleks was an idiot to drop his missus for Roxy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement