Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

Brilliant

Kim: and he was covered in blood
    Linda: did he attack you?
    Shirley: I love this lettuce.

missed that bit. Brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The actor playing Patrick really deserves more credit than he is getting for his stroke victim depiction. Every stuttered sentence is believable and you almost forget it is only 9 0r 10 months since he suffered the ailment. Great character. One of my favourite ever scenes.......... - > "I love you Yolande, man!!"

Yeah, he's been brilliant. Glad they've stretched out his recovery and he wasn't miraculously cured after a few weeks.

So when is Ronnie Resurrection Easter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Looks like Roxy and Charlie are "falling in loooooove"

I find Charlie very bland to be honest, not much personality, wit, or exuberance out of him. Very similar to Dan from Fair city. Not that he has had much to laugh about with faking a death, seeing his father return and threaten his new life, seeing his father causing the car accident that caused his childs mother to almost die, seeing his father dying from a heroin overdose, watching his lover in a coma, dealing with Dot in jail and now having to deal with the guilt of sleeping with Roxy....... but still he could crack a joke every now ad then.......!!!

So when is Ronnie Resurrection Easter :D

Ah but she already had one resurrection when she died lol...:D

not quite sure what's happening with her thought... I keep forgetting about her cos it's been so long

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Do people think Kat is pretty? I do even though her character is over the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

eternal wrote: »

Personally I.think she looks like a drag queen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

As if her exploits weren’t damaging and depressing enough, Kat enticed Kim along as her drinking partner and accomplice when they broke into The Vic after closing to steal another bottle of wine (and champagne, and rum).
    It didn’t seem to bother them that Not So Lil’ Kim was expressing milk for her newborn baby at the time.
    Not at that precise time that is - not sitting in The Vic. She was too busy mixing wine, champagne, and rum (inside her breast milk, not in a cocktail).
    The fact that Baby Pearl was been born two months prematurely and she was in an incubator in the Special Care Unit of Walford General didn’t stop Kim from going on the lash.
    The way she saw her experience of parenthood, this actually caused it. She was UPSET about Pearl being in ‘ospital, you see. Poor Kim. She had virtually no choice but to get wasted.
    That woman from Social Services should probably take Pearl in too.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2983323/Child-abuse-rape-heavy-drinking-EastEnders-not-great-advert-muvverhood-Jim-Shelley.html#ixzz3TgzltBEv

eternal wrote: »

I think Jessie Wallace is truly beautiful and very pretty. Kat less so.

I mean, I love the more natural looking photo that Jessie's chosen for her new twitter profile:

jw_zpszgoqemqw.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭CorkyLFC

Zippie84 wrote: »
    I think Jessie Wallace is truly beautiful and very pretty. Kat less so.

I mean, I love the more natural looking photo that Jessie's chosen for her new twitter profile:

jw_zpszgoqemqw.jpeg

Better than some other photos of her that you can find online I suppose ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 hometime9

Didnt Ronnie hear Roxy and Charlie talking about their affair?? That should be interesting whenever she wakes up, never a dull moment with the mitchell sisters. And has Mick killed Dean or not? I read that he was to get some proper revenge on Dean for what he did but if that was the end of Dean it was a little disappointing!!

The actress looks great for her age and the character, whilst she would catch your eye is just purely sexualised. But that is the point . But i think men would look at "kat" 90% of time for one reason only. if she was to go around in pretty floral dresses or fitted jeans it wouldnt suit her character and her history. Im glad her and Alfie have split up, they both need drastic new directions. Id even suggest Alfie take a break and return in 6 months to a years time fresh. The cheekie chappie turned broke no gooder isnt working has worn thin. Let him get a job abroad and return with a new girlfriend and an honest job and perhaps Spencer.

Him and Kathy may also work as a couple

So do we think Roxy is pregnant with Charlie baby

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I think Roxy is jealous of Ronnie.Calling her daughter Amy after Ronnies daughter and sleeping with her fella.Its a bit deja vu.Reminds me of Michelle and Sharon.Michelle slept wiht Grant and Den and had babies for both of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Kat is supposed to be a damaged woman so they do sexualise her. She is attractive though, no question and she's got a good body in all fairness to her.

Seems we've a bit of a different schedule for BBC Eastenders this week:

https://twitter.com/EastEndersPress/status/573943737476382720

Think we've football on BBC1 on Monday night, and Comic Relief on Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Can't paste atm but apparently in today's papers Jacq Jossa's boyfriend has been exposed as a thug who threatened to stab his ex girlfriend among other things & she has the voice messages to prove it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Could a return of Jean Slater be on the cards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

It's funny how Zoe hasn't been so much as mentioned in years - no sign of her when Tommy "died" & then was given back,when Kat & Alfie got back together & remarried,when Kat gave birth to twins,when Kat was badly burned in a housefire & was in hospital for weeks & then was homeless! - but now suddenly Kat's all "my daughter Zoe"! It's as if the producers went "oh sh1t yeah,Zoe"!!!! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sara7

The actress looks great for her age and the character, whilst she would catch your eye is just purely sexualised. But that is the point . But i think men would look at "kat" 90% of time for one reason only. if she was to go around in pretty floral dresses or fitted jeans it wouldnt suit her character and her history. Im glad her and Alfie have split up, they both need drastic new directions. Id even suggest Alfie take a break and return in 6 months to a years time fresh. The cheekie chappie turned broke no gooder isnt working has worn thin. Let him get a job abroad and return with a new girlfriend and an honest job and perhaps Spencer.

Kat plays her part to a tee... shes ballsy brassy common as muck and a good laugh ! On the other hand danny dyer "dire" ... enuf said !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Zoe not on the run and cannot return for her part in Den's death?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Zoe not on the run and cannot return for her part in Den's death?

No. Sam was arrested & held for a while for her part in the cover-up but eventually freed & Chrissie was convicted of the murder & sentenced to prison but neither of them ever mentioned Zoe so her part in it is completely unknown to police.

She just left to escape the place after Den's death & her abortion. She is with her old friend Kelly in Ibiza.

There are rumours she is returning which would explain the sudden references to her after so long. I hate the way the soaps do that tho,it would be far more realistic if they were mentioned frequently regardless,as you naturally would talk about loved ones living elsewhere all the time,not just when they are around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

MelanieC wrote: »
    No. Sam was arrested & held for a while for her part in the cover-up but eventually freed & Chrissie was convicted of the murder & sentenced to prison but neither of them ever mentioned Zoe so her part in it is completely unknown to police.

She just left to escape the place after Den's death & her abortion. She is with her old friend Kelly in Ibiza.

There are rumours she is returning which would explain the sudden references to her after so long. I hate the way the soaps do that tho,it would be far more realistic if they were mentioned frequently regardless,as you naturally would talk about loved ones living elsewhere all the time,not just when they are around!

I remember Kat threatening Sam and Sharon not to mention Zoe but I thought the police came looking for her too as Chrissie talked

sara7 wrote: »
    Kat plays her part to a tee... shes ballsy brassy common as muck and a good laugh ! On the other hand danny dyer "dire" ... enuf said !

Oh, don't slag Danny Dyer on this thread............................! (Runs for cover......!)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sara7

Oh, don't slag Danny Dyer on this thread............................! (Runs for cover......!)

LOLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

My word, I know the live week was great overall and couldn't be keep up week after week, but the feeling of anti-climax since then has been huge.

So many nothing storylines. Meh.

MelanieC wrote: »
    There are rumours she is returning which would explain the sudden references to her after so long.

I personally would love to see Zoe Slater return if she was played by Michelle Ryan.

Seems twitter was going into overdrive on Friday night, with rumours of her return: http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/eastenders-zoe-slater-return-says-5287258

Michelle Ryan has previously ruled out a return to Eastenders though, saying:
    "I just got quite bored in the end, to be honest. Doing the same thing day in, day out. It's just so boring. I like to jump from different things."

She added: "Money doesn't drive me. You couldn't get me back."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a131383/michelle-ryan-rules-out-enders-return.html#~p6sIc1usPjCzte

Although that was way back in 2008, so who knows what may have changed since then for her.

• Advertisement

My word, I know the live week was great overall and couldn't be keep up week after week, but the feeling of anti-climax since then has been huge.

So many nothing storylines. Meh.

Yeah, even with the return of Kathy, I think it will be a very subdued year. If ever there was a time for Corrie to buck up their ideas seriously and attract back a few viewers it is now. EE still the best soap but its going to be tough to keep momentum after that year. When the Beales/Phil/Max returns on screen it will add a bit of stealth though again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement