Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

fr336 wrote: »
    Plenty are also very good in the soaps :cool:

Very true. Some are also embarrassingly bad. I'm just saying a soap is not the best way to judge an actors abilities. Neither is a TV show or film that had months to shoot a few hours of content and weeks of rehearsal beforehand. You need to see a person in more than one rile, I think, before you can really get an idea of how good or bad they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Very true. Some are also embarrassingly bad. I'm just saying a soap is not the best way to judge an actors abilities. Neither is a TV show or film that had months to shoot a few hours of content and weeks of rehearsal beforehand. You need to see a person in more than one rile, I think, before you can really get an idea of how good or bad they are.

I think Steve McFadden aka Phil Mitchell is effortlessly good and seems passionate about what he does too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

"Average good looking actress" :D So we are judging actors differently based on this?

No not here but other places compare the likes of her (and Peter Beale) as if they're on the same level as others. Personally I'd hire a cast strong in their individual roles but I guess soaps don't have this luxury :P

you are missing the point. its a soap and young characters around laurens age when they are initially brought in tend to err on the side of good looking that will appeal to viewers. you would be naive to ignore the advantage that an actress/actor in the late teens/early 20s age gap being attractive has for publicity for soap, hence actresses like michelle keegan, hetti bywater, the girl that plays katy in corrie, jacqueline jossa and te whole cast of home and away and hollyoaks generally. its just the way of the market. it may be rare a real talented actress spins from these but JJ is definitely not a bad actress and she certainly has a massive fan base due to her looks, moreso than her acting, so why would EE not want her there? she was also hired at 16/17 so hardly likely they could really establish her acting credentials then!

theatre is a different thing. looks are definitely only a small factor but on soaps in that age gap looks are a huge factor, so no i wasnt judging her acting credentials by her looks, i was merely saying for a young good looking soap actress in such a young good looking soap actor market, she is by far not the worst actress.

ive never seen anyone insulting lacey by comparing her to JJ so i can not comment on that but if i do, trust me ill make it known to them!!!!!

just kidding!

Sorry emanresu I was just saying I find her overrated for the wrong reasons in certain quarters, I'm not saying she's a bad actor or even not good just not as good as I am often used to. I don't have a huge issue with her :D Certainly better than the likes of Hetti Bywater!

Sorry emanresu I was just saying I find her overrated for the wrong reasons in certain quarters, I'm not saying she's a bad actor or even not good just not as good as I am often used to. I don't have a huge issue with her :D Certainly better than the likes of Hetti Bywater!

she was awful. to think she has left this legacy is very irritating! no wonder
    FATBOY and TAMWAR
    killed her.

please dont look at this spoiler if you dont want to know the truth.

FATBOY and TAMWAR
    killed her.

:D:D That spoiler would be rather epic I must say :p

Old Lauren was poor too, can see why they replaced her (I really don't hate JJ, it's just....not bowled over :D)

:D:D That spoiler would be rather epic I must say :p

Old Lauren was poor too, can see why they replaced her (I really don't hate JJ, it's just....not bowled over :D)

well she has certainly grew on me..............;)

Jacqueline%20Jossa%20at%20Premiere%20of%20Wrath%20Of%20The%20Titans-11.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

FATBOY and TAMWAR
    killed her.

Now that would be some plot if true...:D

She does look lovely there I'll concede...not as great these days though :p (And I'm talking pre pregnancy :D)

God I've made this the JJ discussion thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

hoodwinked wrote: »
    which part, Roxy and charlie

or lauren and pregnancy test?

Roxie and Charlie

The Lauren pregnancy certainly wasn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

So if Lauren is pregnant, is Dean the father?

Pam St Clement: 'I would adore going back to EastEnders now' she played Pat jsut bring her back just make it a dream

I'm sure the fans would not mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

So if Lauren is pregnant, is Dean the father?

Well if they try and make out it's Deans that would make her around 5mnths pregnant as they split in September. I don't believe that Laurens character is naive enough to be that far gone and only just doing a test and even now it's only because Stacy bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

piperh wrote: »
    Well if they try and make out it's Deans that would make her around 5mnths pregnant as they split in September. I don't believe that Laurens character is naive enough to be that far gone and only just doing a test and even now it's only because Stacy bought it.

Anything is possible. Look at Orla in Fair City only discovering she was pregnant at 6 months........!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

you are missing the point. its a soap and young characters around laurens age when they are initially brought in tend to err on the side of good looking that will appeal to viewers. you would be naive to ignore the advantage that an actress/actor in the late teens/early 20s age gap being attractive has for publicity for soap, hence actresses like michelle keegan, hetti bywater, the girl that plays katy in corrie, jacqueline jossa and te whole cast of home and away and hollyoaks generally. its just the way of the market. it may be rare a real talented actress spins from these but JJ is definitely not a bad actress and she certainly has a massive fan base due to her looks, moreso than her acting, so why would EE not want her there? she was also hired at 16/17 so hardly likely they could really establish her acting credentials then!

theatre is a different thing. looks are definitely only a small factor but on soaps in that age gap looks are a huge factor, so no i wasnt judging her acting credentials by her looks, i was merely saying for a young good looking soap actress in such a young good looking soap actor market, she is by far not the worst actress.

ive never seen anyone insulting lacey by comparing her to JJ so i can not comment on that but if i do, trust me ill make it known to them!!!!!

just kidding!

Everyone seemed to turn on Michelle Keegan when she took up with the reality tv muppet Mark Wright and now Jossa is doing the same.

Her career could be over before it gets going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Peter could be the daddy maybe?

dogcat wrote: »
    Peter could be the daddy maybe?

whatttttttttttttt?????? Peter, her boyfriend who we know she sleeps with?!!!! its a bixarre theory but anythings possible.

Everyone seemed to turn on Michelle Keegan when she took up with the reality tv muppet Mark Wright and now Jossa is doing the same.

Her career could be over before it gets going.

i dont see anyone turning on JJ tbh.

Shock late entry to Lucy suspects :eek:

B83ang6IUAASJId.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

yeah, she is becoming a bit of an agony aunt. I thought it was nice with Shabnam but was there any need for her to be Laurens confidant also. Not unrealistic considering their history but i hope she doesnt become one of these go to characters, like a Susan in Neighbours type

I think it is unrealistic, she was having it off with Laurens oul lad when he was married and now Lauren goes to her for advice, yeah like that would happen in real life.

• Advertisement

Shock late entry to Lucy suspects :eek:

B83ang6IUAASJId.jpg:large

Who is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Who is it?

Lady di? :D

hoodwinked wrote: »
    Lady di? :D

Ah ha, mystery solved!

I think it is unrealistic, she was having it off with Laurens oul lad when he was married and now Lauren goes to her for advice, yeah like that would happen in real life.

Yeah but she was also married to Lauren's brother for a while and they have known each other a long time. It's as realistic as her going to anyone else on the square given the circumstances.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Stacey?

Her scowl is so depressing these days.

Yeah but she was also married to Lauren's brother for a while and they have known each other a long time. It's as realistic as her going to anyone else on the square given the circumstances.

You're right she was, and was with Max at the same time.

I guess it's forgive and forget in Walford!

Am I the only one who doesn't like Stacey?

Her scowl is so depressing these days.

Living with Kat would depress anyone, Alfie should be running the other way instead of trying to get back with her.

As an aside those hooker boots she wears are ridiculous.

You're right she was, and was with Max at the same time.

I guess it's forgive and forget in Walford!

They talked it all out when Stacey first came back earlier this year. Lauren apologised for how she handled Max and Stacey's affair and Stacey apologised for it too. They have moved past it.

Living with Kat would depress anyone, Alfie should be running the other way instead of trying to get back with her.

As an aside those hooker boots she wears are ridiculous.

ah, Alfie, the innocent cheekie chappy good guy.

The same man who has caused his wife incredible physical pain and permanent disfigurement yet appears to feel no shame, guilt or remorse.

Whilst she scrapes together a meagre living on the market struggling to find rent money and struggling to raise their kids he is living it up in nicely furnished, rent free accommodations having fun, up to his cheekie chappy tricks and out boozing and showing no signs of looking for work or trying to support or provide for his family.

He is being written as completely shameless - living the life of riley whilst the mother of his children is struggling and suffering - and showing no interest in finding work to help support them

Yeah, he should run................... the poor guy....!!

ah, Alfie, the innocent cheekie chappy good guy.

The same man who has caused his wife incredible physical pain and permanent disfigurement yet appears to feel no shame, guilt or remorse.

Whilst she scrapes together a meagre living on the market struggling to find rent money and struggling to raise their kids he is living it up in nicely furnished, rent free accommodations having fun, up to his cheekie chappy tricks and out boozing and showing no signs of looking for work or trying to support or provide for his family.

He is being written as completely shameless - living the life of riley whilst the mother of his children is struggling and suffering - and showing no interest in finding work to help support them

Yeah, he should run................... the poor guy....!!

He should have ran when she had the affair with greasy Derek Branning.

Alfie is a fool but there's no malice in him.

• Advertisement

He should have ran when she had the affair with greasy Derek Branning.

Alfie is a fool but there's no malice in him.

malice or not, the man is becoming very unlikeable and has responsibilities . They are both as bad as eachother really but at the moment its Kat who should be running, not him.

The derek branning story was one of the worst EE stories in years. The imagery of Kat and the Rottweiler in bed makes me sick!

malice or not, the man is becoming very unlikeable and has responsibilities . They are both as bad as eachother really but at the moment its Kat who should be running, not him.

The derek branning story was one of the worst EE stories in years. The imagery of Kat and the Rottweiler in bed makes me sick!

:D That makes two of us.

They never showed this one though, it was too racy for EE:

:D That makes two of us.

They never showed this one though, it was too racy for EE:

Your one in the first second of that clip is Alzeimer Carter.

Your one in the first second of that clip is Alzeimer Carter.

:eek::eek: I didn't even look this time! It really is a never released EE mash up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,862 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

They talked it all out when Stacey first came back earlier this year. Lauren apologised for how she handled Max and Stacey's affair and Stacey apologised for it too. They have moved past it.

Didn't Stacey give Lauren a key, was that ever addressed again?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Stacey asked for it back but I don't remember if she ever did anything with it.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

No No No - This is going to torment me again I really want to know what the key was for. :mad:

I'm watching Eastenders 30th on the red button. It's Jane and Ian reminiscing and it's hilarious.

piperh wrote: »
    I'm watching Eastenders 30th on the red button. It's Jane and Ian reminiscing and it's hilarious.

Any online links?

• Advertisement

OK, i have driven myself mad thinking of theories behind Lucy so I have decided to pick someone and stick by it now.

If I had 4 suspects they would be Denise, Jane, Bobby and Cindy but I am going to choose the latter two as my choices. Both are strong odds so worth a fiver each.

So my theory is Jane helped cover up a row between Cindy (probably) but maybe Bobby which led to Lucy's eventual death.

I think the row centred around the cocaine, perhaps hidden in the jewelry box with Cindy threathening to expose Lucy. I think there was a row and a catfight and Lucy was hit by the jewelry box knocking her out, or at least dazing her. Perhaps this led to an aneurysm and her dazily leaving the house and finding herself on the common? It would be ironic if Emma suffered an aneurysm trying to solve the murder also.

Masood and/or Denise may also have been involved in clearing the body from the scene. If she did die at Beales.

I think the key is Jane covering up for Lauren by stating she saw her out the window at a certain time to Emma. I think it clicked with Emma that Jane could not have been there as on the CCTV her car was missing at the time she claimed. "Hence...............it doesn't add up" SOC (scene of crime....

i have more on this and i'll edit it accordingly but i am convincing myself by the minute.

the music box under the tree was a plant by Emma to test reactions by the suspects she had narrowed it down to.

i think she called jane that night with the "i know you killed lucy" line believing it to be her but jane brought cindy along to explain the story. "its still murder" perhaps testifying to the fact that Cindy is so young and/or it was not intended. (although then you are getting into premeditated zone) Note that Emma had no problem meeting the killer and seemed to empathise with them giving them a chance to explain and battling with her conscience whether to ship them in to the police. "i cannot keep THE secret"............ ie the cover up by Jane / Cindy (bobby). if it was someone like Jay, Ben, Billy, Lee, the Crokers, Denise, Whitney, even Max or any other suspect outside the Beale family, i think she would struggle to meet them and give them an opportunity to explain themselves.

jane hid items in the floorboards and has spent a lot of time with cindy, most notably convincing Alfie to get ian out of the house as "he would be doing her and Cindy a favour" the night if the stag.

Cindy has kept a very low profile since the night compared to others and has never shown any strong indications you can say she is definitely innocent, ie no finger pointing miss marple stuff. yet she is always lurking about.

Also, if it is Cindy, Ian won't shop her into the police. She is a kid and there is a baby involved. if it was jane, i couldnt see him forgiving her. if it was any of the brannings/mitchells straight to jail, likewise denise, the crokers, lee, whitney etc.

i think for utmost drama and shock and a lasting legacy, ian's own daughter killing her sister would be the best option. I feel they have big plans for Cindy the character and giving her this platform and background will push her onto a new level.

10/1................... great price if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

^ Didn't Cindy know Ian lied initially about his whereabouts the night Lucy died too? I think it was that she knew he wasn't where he said he was, or something along those lines.

That's a good theory, definitely think now it was one of the Beales. I had thought way back last summer that it may be Lola but she seems like a long shot now. Looking forward to the live episodes for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Good points there for Cindy, however I would doubt it was Bobby as for starters I think Lucy would have a lot more strength than Bobby.

dogcat wrote: »
    Good points there for Cindy, however I would doubt it was Bobby as for starters I think Lucy would have a lot more strength than Bobby.

yeah, tough as nails our Lucy.............................................

article-2363935-1ACF4141000005DC-692_634x727.jpg

ShazGV wrote: »
    ^ Didn't Cindy know Ian lied initially about his whereabouts the night Lucy died too? I think it was that she knew he wasn't where he said he was, or something along those lines.

That's a good theory, definitely think now it was one of the Beales. I had thought way back last summer that it may be Lola but she seems like a long shot now. Looking forward to the live episodes for sure.

Her questioning Ian's alibi may have been just that, it may not have been her questioning whether he may be killing her. Her father just lied to the police, she needed to know why. She may have known he wasnt responsiblre for the killing but what was he covering?

There has been hundreds of red herrings thrown out over the last ten months but I don't think many could be annoyed if this is the only one regarding

I also think Peters departure would tie in well with this . How could he stick around knowing all the lies involved and having to face his sister who murdered his other sister every day.

I think Lauren will have an abortion and Peter will break it up with her over the next few days. This will cut him loose of all ties.

Wasn't Jane in Cardiff?

• Advertisement

Wasn't Jane in Cardiff?

no, she came back that night. Think she was staying at Maasoods, could be wrong there? But she was definitely ABOUT

Any online links?

I've no idea how to do them off my phone sorry. It's the bbc red button.

It's showing them watching clips of allsorts of things including Lou Beale and Dot walking in on Jane pole dancing for Ian :-)

ShazGV wrote: »

It's definitely one of the Beales, in my opinion. Lauren recognised the phone number straight away. She would know their home number off the top of her head. Her reaction to Peter and Ian in the pub points to the Beales too. She may not know exactly which one of them it was but I'll eat my hat if it's not a Beale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Her questioning Ian's alibi may have been just that, it may not have been her questioning whether he may be killing her. Her father just lied to the police, she needed to know why. She may have known he wasnt responsiblre for the killing but what was he covering?

There has been hundreds of red herrings thrown out over the last ten months but I don't think many could be annoyed if this is the only one regarding

I also think Peters departure would tie in well with this . How could he stick around knowing all the lies involved and having to face his sister who murdered his other sister every day.

I think Lauren will have an abortion and Peter will break it up with her over the next few days. This will cut him loose of all ties.

I was thinking more along the lines of her trying to shift blame/suspicion (which would tie in with your theory of Cindy being the murderer) but I don't think she actually talked about Ian's false alibi with anyone apart from Ian so I've just realised that's probably not the right track!

Also, Black Menorca I believe those 30th Anniversary videos are on the BBC iPlayer.

anyone get a screen capture on Staceys phone when she went to dial the number just there?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement