Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Since when are Martin and Kush best mates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I KNEW IT! As soon as Pam mentioned Donna's mother and that she knew her I said to my husband that Les's other woman was Donna's mother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

They met at Ian's wedding last month. That's loads of time to become best mates. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I'm no genetic expert but dark coloured lady producing totally white child.......em what????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I'm no genetic expert but dark coloured lady producing totally white child.......em what????

Donna mentioned in the pub to Pam that her mother was busy with her other 2 foster kids so she probably adopted or fostered her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

They met at Ian's wedding last month. That's loads of time to become best mates. ;)

I think when Kush first came into it Sonia recognised him as Martins friend from the other market, they had matey hug and went for drink

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

I could be off my rocker but I seem to remember that during the eclipse in 1999 Ian Beale proposed to Melanie at Stonehenge or a place like that. Anyone else remember this??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bebe if your going to be bringing around trifles I'll need some ice cream with it

Stan choose Cora because she brings him booze whereas Babe only brings trifles :p

Mick and Linda must still be celebrating Paddy's day in Dublin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Great start Russell. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Since when are Martin and Kush best mates?

They play footie together, Sonia knew Kush when he started on the market stall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

Donna mentioned in the pub to Pam that her mother was busy with her other 2 foster kids so she probably adopted or fostered her.

yep, certain she's also referred to her being her foster mother too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Why is Kush apologising to Shabnam wtf?

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Why is Kush apologising to Shabnam wtf?

cos he'd been a bit of a knob towards her.

Zippie84 wrote: »
    cos he'd been a bit of a knob towards her.

Not really, Shabnam started this delusional fantasy about them being engaged after going out for a week. They broke up because of that and they've not really talked since. Kush has called and texted her, if anything Shabnam should be apologising to him

Not really, Shabnam started this delusional fantasy about them being engaged after going out for a week. They broke up because of that and they've not really talked since. Kush has called and texted her, if anything Shabnam should be apologising to him

think there was more to it than that from what I saw, and they should probably both be apologising to each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

think there was more to it than that from what I saw, and they should probably both be apologising to each other.

I think that Shabnam seems to still be suffering from leaving her baby and that she might have considered marriage a way of redeeming herself of what I can only assume she thought to be immoral or against her religion. Shabnam is really caught between her religion and her actions at the moment and her fragmented character seems so reflect this. Obviously we can't exactly lash out at her for the engagement remark because in her ideal world that would be the proceeding events. I think Kush should understand this because he obviously knows the full extent of her history, he reacted on the spot to the comment about being engaged and has been trying to make it up to her since.

TLDR: Shabnam's character is reflecting her history with Dean and its clash with her desires to lead a Muslim life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Anyone else agree that it is looking VERY VERY obvious that Les and Pam are the real parents of Donna and that was the daughter Pam was speaking of to Emma? Maybe that is why Les buttered up the foster mum to get close to his daughter..........

Luno wrote: »
    I think that Shabnam seems to still be suffering from leaving her baby and that she might have considered marriage a way of redeeming herself of what I can only assume she thought to be immoral or against her religion. Shabnam is really caught between her religion and her actions at the moment and her fragmented character seems so reflect this. Obviously we can't exactly lash out at her for the engagement remark because in her ideal world that would be the proceeding events. I think Kush should understand this because he obviously knows the full extent of her history, he reacted on the spot to the comment about being engaged and has been trying to make it up to her since.

TLDR: Shabnam's character is reflecting her history with Dean and its clash with her desires to lead a Muslim life.

And Shabnam should understand that Kush has already been married and it didn't go well, it should work both ways. He's a widower.

And Shabnam should understand that Kush has already been married and it didn't go well, it should work both ways. He's a widower.

how do you know that she doesn't understand that? I didn't see anything to suggest either way.

and if she doesn't, she certainly will a bit more soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Did we know before yesterday that he was a widower? When I heard it it didn't ring any bells but I'd often miss an episode so I'm not sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

EE fans seem to hate the new Martin, I think he is an ok actor though, he won't be any competition for D D Lewis but he does the job he's paid for.

EE fans seem to hate the new Martin, I think he is an ok actor though, he won't be any competition for D D Lewis but he does the job he's paid for.

where did you hear that ee fans seem to hate James Bye playing Martin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Oh is he? I must have somehow missed that part :o Seemed like such a care-free young person prior to his relationship with Shabnam!

Kat to attempt suicide.

where did you hear that ee fans seem to hate James Bye playing Martin?

He is getting a lot of negative feedback on social media sites like Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Yeah,I don't like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sara7

If one person jumps on the hate bandwagon a crowd always follows .. im liking new martin .. on the other hand Danny Dyer not my scene

yep, had a look through twitter, and he's got quite a bit of negative feedback which is probably natural. But seems to have gotten plenty of positive feedback all the same, and it does seem a bit extreme to say that
    EE fans seem to hate the new Martin

sara7 wrote: »
    If one person jumps on the hate bandwagon a crowd always follows .. im liking new martin .. on the other hand Danny Dyer not my scene

yep, I think in these cases people also should be careful to distinguish between whether it's more the character they can't stand - and if it was the old actor would they also be having the same feelings towards the character, meaning the actor is doing something quite well, to get it so spot on.

As in whether it's the way the writers decide to steer a character on their return, and that they'd maybe be having similar feelings about the character no matter who they were played by.

A recent article on it. "So what is Martin Fowler actor James Bye doing wrong?"

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/soaps-2/eastenders-so-what-is-martin-fowler-actor-james-bye-doing-wrong/

• Advertisement

sara7 wrote: »

I liked DD before he joined Eastenders, now I'm well sick of him and the rest of the Carters apart from Stan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement