Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭LiamHam82

Why is fats still in this, a terrible actor and so damn irritating in every scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Anyone think Martin Fowler wins the lotto.............. Alfie and billy would be far too cliche, wouldn't they.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

That woman in the adoption place has an amazing memory. Recalling a detailed conversation with Den going back 40 years!

Alex is very forgiving of Alfie. Giving the man who nearly destroyed his personal life, a job like that.

That woman in the adoption place has an amazing memory. Recalling a detailed conversation with Den going back 40 years!

"Den said you werethe one relayionship he was proud of"... sounds like a case of keeping her happy by quoting that one! She was hardlygoing to tell her Den told me he regrets adopting you!

• Advertisement

"Den said you werethe one relayionship he was proud of"... sounds like a case of keeping her happy by quoting that one! She was hardlygoing to tell her Den told me he regrets adopting you!

There she goes again with her encyclopedic memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Oh dear, I was really hoping Cindy wasn't going to do that. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

She stopped crying as soon as she was 5 feet away

Deny is ALIVE!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Deny is ALIVE!!!!!!!

And Denny got a hair cut

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    And Denny got a hair cut

About time too. :D

Ian making fun of Liam for being poor was so wrong

Ian making fun of Liam for being poor was so wrong

Especially as Ian himself lived as hobo on the streets during his breakdown and Ian is also Liam's gran uncle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

ShazGV wrote: »
    Oh dear, I was really hoping Cindy wasn't going to do that. :(

She's been fine with the baby for seven whole months & now suddenly she doesn't want her? This story seems a bit thrown in at the last minute.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

With Peter gone now I can see Cindy becoming an integral part of the Beale clan. I'm looking forward to it if that's the case, Mimi Keene really is a wonderful actress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

With Peter gone now I can see Cindy becoming an integral part of the Beale clan. I'm looking forward to it if that's the case, Mimi Keene really is a wonderful actress.

She is very pretty and a really great actress but I struggle to actually care enough to be interested in the character. I find myself tuning out thinking she's going to be moaning again, I get she has a lot to moan about but it gets tedious after a while.. It's not as if Ian needs to let her live there as neither her nor the baby are any relation to him and yet the character comes across sullen anf ungrateful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I find it strange how a solicitor would say "I think you had the Dad you're searching for in Den. Why keep looking?" (or something to that effect).
    If I was speaking to a solicitor about finding my birth father, I would expect her to keep her personal opinion on fatherhood to herself and just get on with the feckin' job in question.

I really like Cindy now but didn't at first.

I wish Linda would let her hair down; having it in that severe bun all the time makes her look hard.

Bring back Danny Dyer!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

MelanieC wrote: »
    She's been fine with the baby for seven whole months & now suddenly she doesn't want her? This story seems a bit thrown in at the last minute.....

Definitely thrown together. Sure didn't she fight to keep the baby when she was pregnant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

piperh wrote: »
    It's not as if Ian needs to let her live there as neither her nor the baby are any relation to him and yet the character comes across sullen anf ungrateful.

I think he will let her live there as long as she wants now she knows the truth about Bobby killing Lucy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

MelanieC wrote: »

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

She adjusted reasonably well to life as a teenage mother, but then with Jane and Ian taking Beth away for a while, she got a taste of freedom, and being a typical teenager, sees what she's missing, and struggles with Beth as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Donna is very pretty. She looked nice when they had her hair down the other night. She started off being very offensive but it's kind of showing now the softer side to her which is endearing.

eternal wrote: »
    Donna is very pretty. She looked nice when they had her hair down the other night. She started off being very offensive but it's kind of showing now the softer side to her which is endearing.

yep she's very pretty. and re being offensive / nasty etc... she comes across to me as someone who's been hurt a lot in the past, and has developed a type of 'I'll hurt you before you can hurt me' type of attitude, yet has done several things that show that she has a heart of gold beneath that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

why is Donna in a wheelchair? i've seen her stand up loads of times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

casio4 wrote: »
    why is Donna in a wheelchair? i've seen her stand up loads of times

She's pretty badly able to walk - I used to teach a kid with what I'd say were similar issues, weak muscles in legs etc so that the wheelchair was pretty much vital for mobility.

Zippie84 wrote: »
    Seems pretty straightforward to me.

She adjusted reasonably well to life as a teenage mother, but then with Jane and Ian taking Beth away for a while, she got a taste of freedom, and being a typical teenager, sees what she's missing, and struggles with Beth as a result.

I thought after hearing Bobby killed Lucy and Jane covered up for him would make her more closer to Beth, I think she made a comment during the reveal of what a mother would do for her child, something along those lines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Thats what I'm struggling with. Why the the hell did Ian and Jane take Beth from her?

Thats what I'm struggling with. Why the the hell did Ian and Jane take Beth from her?

maybe cos:

1. Cindy didn't want to go with them

2. They were reluctant to leave a child home alone with her child. Probably tough enough for her as a single teenage mum with her family around her, never mind doing it alone for a while.

3. When they suggested it, Cindy seemed really welcoming of the idea at the time, from what I remember.

It just seems they have rushed into the story a bit. A couple of weeks of Cindy getting frustrated with the baby may have made it more credible. Its a realistic concept that after a bit of a taste of freedom cindy may struggle to bond again with the baby but tohave her just dump her that evening that she arrived back seems to be thrown together for the dramatic nature of it all. Its a pity as EE have been very good at these "slow burner" stories. Saying that I anticipate there will be a few now saying that this has been building up for months and there has been lots of hints..! There were a few hints last few episodes with the Fowlers etc but i just think it all seemed a bit thrown together. I think making her a young mother was a very very lazy story anyway. Im not sure the present producer was in charge when they came up with it, was he?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I've never been much of a Cindy fan but she's been brilliant the past couple of episodes, really feel for her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Alfie should get a Detective's License... He's well good at solving mysteries clearly...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement