Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

or peters number

and there is the jane/maasod interaction............ masood helped jane cover up.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

How old is Lauren now, bit old to still be blaming everything on her parents marriage surely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Dot/Nick Cotton story line almost parallels Sid Viscous/Anne Beverley. Sid's mother gave him a fatal dose of heroin that ultimately killed him. Dot gave Nick heroin that ultimately killed too. Plus Sid was a pretty bad man himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

June Brown is such a wonderful actress. And at (almost) 88!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,862 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Dot/Nick Cotton story line almost parallels Sid Viscous/Anne Beverley. Sid's mother gave him a fatal dose of heroin that ultimately killed him. Dot gave Nick heroin that ultimately killed too. Plus Sid was a pretty bad man himself.

I found Nick's death pretty lame tbh, he was such an iconic character he deserved a better exit imo

Now how can Dot bury Nick now as he is already declared dead and buried previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

OK, i have driven myself mad thinking of theories behind Lucy so I have decided to pick someone and stick by it now.

If I had 4 suspects they would be Denise, Jane, Bobby and Cindy but I am going to choose the latter two as my choices. Both are strong odds so worth a fiver each.

So my theory is Jane helped cover up a row between Cindy (probably) but maybe Bobby which led to Lucy's eventual death.

I think the row centred around the cocaine, perhaps hidden in the jewelry box with Cindy threathening to expose Lucy. I think there was a row and a catfight and Lucy was hit by the jewelry box knocking her out, or at least dazing her. Perhaps this led to an aneurysm and her dazily leaving the house and finding herself on the common? It would be ironic if Emma suffered an aneurysm trying to solve the murder also.

Masood and/or Denise may also have been involved in clearing the body from the scene. If she did die at Beales.

I think the key is Jane covering up for Lauren by stating she saw her out the window at a certain time to Emma. I think it clicked with Emma that Jane could not have been there as on the CCTV her car was missing at the time she claimed. "Hence...............it doesn't add up" SOC (scene of crime....

i have more on this and i'll edit it accordingly but i am convincing myself by the minute.

the music box under the tree was a plant by Emma to test reactions by the suspects she had narrowed it down to.

i think she called jane that night with the "i know you killed lucy" line believing it to be her but jane brought cindy along to explain the story. "its still murder" perhaps testifying to the fact that Cindy is so young and/or it was not intended. (although then you are getting into premeditated zone) Note that Emma had no problem meeting the killer and seemed to empathise with them giving them a chance to explain and battling with her conscience whether to ship them in to the police. "i cannot keep THE secret"............ ie the cover up by Jane / Cindy (bobby). if it was someone like Jay, Ben, Billy, Lee, the Crokers, Denise, Whitney, even Max or any other suspect outside the Beale family, i think she would struggle to meet them and give them an opportunity to explain themselves.

jane hid items in the floorboards and has spent a lot of time with cindy, most notably convincing Alfie to get ian out of the house as "he would be doing her and Cindy a favour" the night if the stag.

Cindy has kept a very low profile since the night compared to others and has never shown any strong indications you can say she is definitely innocent, ie no finger pointing miss marple stuff. yet she is always lurking about.

Also, if it is Cindy, Ian won't shop her into the police. She is a kid and there is a baby involved. if it was jane, i couldnt see him forgiving her. if it was any of the brannings/mitchells straight to jail, likewise denise, the crokers, lee, whitney etc.

i think for utmost drama and shock and a lasting legacy, ian's own daughter killing her sister would be the best option. I feel they have big plans for Cindy the character and giving her this platform and background will push her onto a new level.

10/1................... great price if you ask me.

Very plausible actually, how long have you been working on this theory Sherlock?

"I've never given anyone a facial before." ~Ian Beale *shudders forever*

Why would Stacy not want to know who killed Lucy and have him or her walk around the square really ?

Why would Stacy not want to know who killed Lucy and have him or her walk around the square really ?

Stacey is a killer herself :p

Stacey and Lucy weren't close or even mates

• Advertisement

morebabies wrote: »
    Very plausible actually, how long have you been working on this theory Sherlock?

well tbh, i havent put everything together like that until today. obviously bits and pieces floating around my head but it does seem like a good theory.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I found Nick's death pretty lame tbh, he was such an iconic character he deserved a better exit imo

Now how can Dot bury Nick now as he is already declared dead and buried previously?

ah, i think its very apt. it was subtle and mirrors the very first episode when the dead body of reg cox who nick murdered was found in that very residence 30 years ago.
    Also, there has been far too much panto in nicks life so a self harmed death is justifiable and it intricates well with Dot's constant mothering of him and him emotionally blackmailing her all his life.
    he isnt dead yet by the way, i expect a strong episode with him and dot talking tomorrow before he dies.

oh, and the police have copped on he is still alive already, haven't they.

A real ife PI think's Ben did it

https://uk.celebrity.yahoo.com/gossip/omg/eastenders--spoilers--who-killed-lucy-beale---real-life-private-investigator-reckons-ben-mitchell-did-it-144644272.html

which begs the question are you going to put a bet on who did it just for fun ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

I'm still fuzzy on how Jay came into possession of Lucy's wallet, why Ben buried it in Patrick's plot and how Denise and Ian accepted their story so readily...

my prediction, dot buys nick the heroin that kills him (overdose) and she blames herself and tries to hand herself in to the police. apparently it is a low key emotional death with just the two of them and they have a proper chat.

one prediction right from a few days ago anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

She is not, 100% sure of it. She wouldn't just return for a 3 or 4 month contract and leave Waterloo Road for such a short contract.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    She is not, 100% sure of it. She wouldn't just return for a 3 or 4 month contract and leave Waterloo Road for such a short contract.

I thought Waterloo Road was cancelled

• Advertisement

basically what i said, but with the idea that it was cindy who actually killed her.
    and jane has been covering up for her.

i dont get an article though!

i think for the future cindy being the killer would have far more impact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

https://vine.co/v/OPMqdKX3WW1

Just spotted this on Facebook :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I thought Waterloo Road was cancelled

Moved to BBC3, actually you may be right the last 10 shows showing on BBC 3. I really can't see it being Jane, you kill Lucy and bacially leave for almost a year and suddenly come back and exposed as the killer.

Where is Cindy Jnr?

Her and baby Beth must be on a long walk

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Moved to BBC3, actually you may be right the last 10 shows showing on BBC 3. I really can't see it being Jane, you kill Lucy and bacially leave for almost a year and suddenly come back and exposed as the killer.

jane has been back for months now??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

"I've never given anyone a facial before." ~Ian Beale *shudders forever*

Every time the word facial was mentioned it was all I could think of. The internet has ruined me.

• Advertisement

Gee_G wrote: »
    https://vine.co/v/OPMqdKX3WW1

Just spotted this on Facebook :)

That's what you get for calling her Mrs Bucket.

Every time the word facial was mentioned it was all I could think of. The internet has ruined me.

;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

Well, she certainly did a better job putting a case forward for Jane, than that PI hired by William Hill a couple of posts before, who didn't actually give any solid reasons

Zippie84 wrote: »
    Well, she certainly did a better job putting a case forward for Jane, than that PI hired by William Hill a couple of posts before, who didn't actually give any solid reasons

in real life ben wouldve been heavily questioned. ps has the lucy police investigation stopped?

Is Rainie, Ian's alibi?

• Advertisement

I still struggle with Jane being involved in any way.

She's so straight talker, prides herself in her honesty.

She's been away for so long and I don't remember her being around before Lucy's death.

If they do pin it on her it will be hard to understand for me.

I still struggle with Jane being involved in any way.

She's so straight talker, prides herself in her honesty.

She's been away for so long and I don't remember her being around before Lucy's death.

If they do pin it on her it will be hard to understand for me.

completely disagree. if it is for the right reasons (ie, as i have explained protecting Cindy or Bobby) she would definitely try protect them. her personality is built on a big heart and empathy and forgiveness so she would be well capable of trying to cover up to protect a teenage mother.

she has held plenty of secrets in the past and had affairs with both grant and massood so she is no nun.

i would be shocked moreso if she isnt involved!

completely disagree. if it is for the right reasons (ie, as i have explained protecting Cindy or Bobby) she would definitely try protect them. her personality is built on a big heart and empathy and forgiveness so she would be well capable of trying to cover up to protect a teenage mother.

she has held plenty of secrets in the past and had affairs with both grant and massood so she is no nun.

i would be shocked moreso if she isnt involved!

Rumours are everywhere that she is involved.

I just don't buy it given my impression of her character.

Not long now until we'll find out for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I'm still hoping it's Abbie simply because I hate the sight of her on screen.

"Oh Nick, Oh Jesus..."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

That blue light is ghastly.

Rumours are everywhere that she is involved.

I just don't buy it given my impression of her character.

Not long now until we'll find out for sure.

We're like children waiting for Christmas.

I don't see it being Max because
    Lauren runs off on the day of the wedding and leaves a note for Jane telling her who Lucy's killer is - or that she knows it's Jane if it is her - I think it's almost certainly someone related to the Beales - if it was Max (and this obviously applies to some others too... why leave a note for Jane to find on her way to her wedding?

definitely Cindy!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

definitely Cindy!!!

No, it's Jane

Or Abi

Or no wait...Cindy,...

• Advertisement

morebabies wrote: »
    We're like children waiting for Christmas.

yep, and unfortunately Christmas is almsot always a let-down :cool:

We find out on Thursday, don't we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Denise needs to get over Ian already :P

She was beaten by one husband, and kept prisoner by another who was a murderer, while the other died stealing cars

We find out on Thursday, don't we?

yep

I find it quite stupid and pantominish when there keeps being almost a revealing moment when they know people know it's not till next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Zippie84 wrote: »
    I find it quite stupid and pantominish when there keeps being almost a revealing moment when they know people know it's not till next week...

Agreed. And all the red herrings being thrown about are getting a bit tiring.

Count Dotula

"I'll see you in the morning"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Very theatrical setting for the demise of evil henchman Nick.

• Advertisement

ShazGV wrote: »
    Agreed. And all the red herrings being thrown about are getting a bit tiring.

Yep. Very patronising towards viewers and silly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement