Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

So, I don't get it. Buster and Shirley are still convinced Linda has made up a story accusing their son of raping her yet they are perfectly civil and cheerful to her and her to them??? Since when has she become a side character in her own rape storyline and Mick is the protaganist and the whole thing is about him? It should be about her? She doesnt even seem to care anymore?

Poor Aunt Bebe I kinda feel bad for her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,444 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Shirley at least doubted Dean and was kinda coming round to believing Linda and this is why she made him leave

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought Shirley at least doubted Dean and was kinda coming round to believing Linda and this is why she made him leave

She did. But they have completely changed it around to suit the Carter drama. I mean she is working alongside, being civil, speaking to and ordering drinks off the woman who she is supposed to believe wrongly accused her son into raping her. Yet all the drama is centred around mick? Linda is a mere bystander . Same with Buster, he hasn't had any confrontation with Linda, nor her with him. Yet he is the one who brought dean back to the Square, brazen as sin. The story has so many loose ends and you can tell the writers are even at a loss how to sort it out as its clear they want to keep Matt di Angelo in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm not sure how much more of Kat's doom and gloom face I can take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Another departure coming up...
    Aleks is leaving the show next week - gutted, thought he was a great character

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Max starting another affair. Eastenders keeping their storylines fresh and interesting.

Another departure coming up...
    Aleks is leaving the show next week - gutted, thought he was a great character

He should never have been paired with Roxy

I enjoyed him as daddy day care

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

so are Stan and Cora going to get married or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Max starting another affair. Eastenders keeping their storylines fresh and interesting.

It's not really an affair if both of them are single, him divorced her widowed. I would say the writers are keeping true to the character. Max has always been drawn to a pretty face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

And pretty faces drawn to Max's pretty........bald head?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

What's the story between Carole and Jim? Why does she seem to not like him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Frigga_92 wrote: »
    What's the story between Carole and Jim? Why does she seem to not like him?

He was racist at one stage so didn't approve of her ex Alan. Didn't he bury Max in a coffin when he was a kid for having a black friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Never been a fan of Stan so all that sentiment was lost on me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Has Max Forgotten that when he first arrived in the Square he attacked Jim and warned him that he was grown up now and wouldn't take any more hidings from him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm-mELrFFL4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭Riddle101

tk123 wrote: »
    He was racist at one stage so didn't approve of her ex Alan. Didn't he bury Max in a coffin when he was a kid for having a black friend?

Pretty sure it was actually Derek, but Max thought it was Jim.

tk123 wrote: »

And yet Patrick was his best mate

I don't think both Stan and Jim should have died the same week

Anyone else think Shirley was going help Stan die when she sent Mick home too, also what is Buster's deal, does he really want to get to know Mick's kids or is he after money or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Blubbering like a baby watching Stan die and Shirley lying with him; a relative of mine in similar circumstances and it was very upsetting.

When is Linda due that baby? Seems she's been pregnant forever!

I also think it was insensitive for Jim to have died in the same week but I guess in real life, that's a possibility in any situation.
    Carol's a right cow; misery personified!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

fussyonion wrote: »

She was raped in late September, so seems she's a little while to go yet..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

fussyonion wrote: »
    Blubbering like a baby watching Stan die and Shirley lying with him; a relative of mine in similar circumstances and it was very upsetting.

I also think it was insensitive for Jim to have died in the same week but I guess in real life, that's a possibility in any situation.
    Carol's a right cow; misery personified!

Rape scene was late September, so baby due late June?
    Soooo in soap terms, any day now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

dee_mc wrote: »
    Rape scene was late September, so baby due late June?
    Soooo in soap terms, any day now!

I might be the one who's wrong. But yep, either way, either very late September or very early October :)

Was Stan meant to be a likeable character? Just because he made a few crude jokes with a few drinks on him over the few months he was there?
    I mean, he was an alcoholic, a philanderer, he abandoned his family frequently, he covered up lies and his relationship with most of his family was pretty poisonous. He was also very controlling ad only started showing any sense of paternal emotion when he was on his last legs and desperate for help.
    He also defended Dean even though he believed the rape allegations were true. The way he treated Babe, who clearly has issues herself but has spent years and years minding his wife and having to deal with her own viscious tongue was horrid. The character of Babe was hardly nice but she has done a hell of a lot more for him than that old bag, Cora who only knew him a few months. no need for the poisonous comments yesterday to her, the last words she would hear from him. He emotionally blackmailed, or at least attempted to, his daughter Tina, who doesn't seem to be the most logical of people, into finishing him off .

Personally I never saw too much likeability in his character and although the actor was brilliant at portraying this, I think his send-off was way over the top and overshadowed Jim Brannings as well as overshadowed the whole Kat Slater suicide story which comprised of a few meagre scenes over the last week and a half.

God knows what they would have done if he was in the show for longer than a few months!

Dot deserved that final scene, perhaps a tearful face as she lay in prison.

Also, what charges is Dot actually in prison for! Assisting suicide? Because she wasn't caught in possession? He took the drugs on his own free will. I don't think, for an old lady, with no criminal record that she would be held behind bars awaiting her trial in real life.

Cora, you knew him a few months????????//!!! The writers really need to get in touch with reality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Why is Dean in prison?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

^ I think maybe he broke his bail conditions when he disappeared.

When did Aleks' wife learn to speak English?

During the speech about Stan all the locals are like....

"Who the fk is Stan??? Wasn't his name Jim Branning, the man who died?"

Had to laugh at Cora's sense of entitlement in that episode. When coping with the news of his death their first port of call will certainly not have been his fiancé of about two weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Had to laugh at Cora's sense of entitlement in that episode. When coping with the news of his death their first port of call will certainly not have been his fiancé of about two weeks.

Sense of entitlement? The fact that she was his fiancé is clear indication that she at least deserved to know Stan was dead. Doesn't matter if the engagement was two weeks long, they had a relationship going on with each other for quite a while now. She certainly could have been notified about the news. Maybe even invited over so she'd have people to be with. Can't imagine it would have been easy for her as well, having to cope alone.

Anyway I'm getting sick of this Mick/Shirley thing now. Seems like one minutes they're attempting to repair their relationship, then the next minute everything kicks off again. There just doesn't seem to be a end to it.

I agree, but they had only just found out themselves. I think they should have been allowed a bit of time to digest the news themselves before telling other people. And despite the fact that she was his fiancé, I would still count Cora as "other people" given how short a time she was actually in a relationship with Stan. Basically, I think that whilst she'd be understandably upset, I don't think she had any right whatsoever to react in that way to his family who've known him their whole lives, as opposed to the few months that she has.

• Advertisement

If Cora hadn't been to visit him and knew he was on deaths door and needed to know minute by minute accounts of how he was doing, why not pick up the phone and ring his FAMILY and enquire how he was. Or the hospital. That is the first thing I would do in the morning when I knew someone was just about to die.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement