Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Sense of entitlement? The fact that she was his fiancé is clear indication that she at least deserved to know Stan was dead. Doesn't matter if the engagement was two weeks long, they had a relationship going on with each other for quite a while now. She certainly could have been notified about the news. Maybe even invited over so she'd have people to be with. Can't imagine it would have been easy for her as well, having to cope alone.

Anyway I'm getting sick of this Mick/Shirley thing now. Seems like one minutes they're attempting to repair their relationship, then the next minute everything kicks off again. There just doesn't seem to be a end to it.

Agreed, it's going on too long now. I think it's just got so messy, I'm really struggling to remember who's angry with who and for what reasons. Why is Shirley angry with Mick, is it cause he believes his wife over Dean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Cora know Shirley is Mick's mother, was she referring to Shirley or Sylvie in her rant to Mick

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Cora know Shirley is Mick's mother, was she referring to Shirley or Sylvie in her rant to Mick

I took it to mean Shirley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Cora was completely over the top when she barged into the pub. The family were in shock, they found out an hour? before she barged into the pub and in fairness to what some posters here point out she's only been engaged to him a few weeks, she was hardly the first person on any of their minds considering all the family politics going on between Mick and Shirley, Shirley and the rest of the family re: Dean, Dean and the rest of the family etc etc

I thought it was mad though that Shirley just arrived to the pub and had told nobody before she got there.

I took it to mean Shirley.

I wasn't sure if it was public knowledge yet so whom Cora was talking about

I don't understand why Shirley didn't call Tina or Mick as soon as Stan died

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Why is Alek's missus speaking to her own daughter in English? That storyline with roxy and Charlie is pathetic.

I've seriously bored of the carters.

Max Branning needs a decent storyline; always good.

Katgurl wrote: »
    Why is Alek's missus speaking to her own daughter in English? That storyline with roxy and Charlie is pathetic.

I've seriously bored of the carters.

Max Branning needs a decent storyline; always good.

I thought it was incredible tonight when Roxy said something along the lines of what if Ronnie found out, and Charlie says "Would that be so bad?". Um.. she has a horrific accident whilst heavily pregnant, goes into a coma for about three months, and then awakes to find her new husband has been banging her sister. It wouldn't be great now Charlie would it?!

I think the big thing for Roxy is going to be that she has missed out on her child's life and that she has almost "lost" another child and to her sister on top of that - I think that's the way it'll be played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Frigga_92 wrote: »
    I think the big thing for Roxy is going to be that she has missed out on her child's life and that she has almost "lost" another child and to her sister on top of that - I think that's the way it'll be played.

Say what?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Say what?
    Think Frigga 92 meant Ronnie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

I'm no big fan of Cora but I thought she was perfectly right in the way she acted. She was close to Stan for some time & obviously one of the most important people in his life near the end,hence him wanting her to be his wife. She may not have known him for that long but she probably had a closer relationship with him during that time than his kids ever had,what with him being an absent deadbeat dad for much of their lives.

It must be awful to go in to the hospital expecting to see the one you love one last time only to find an empty bed & be told "oh,he's dead,didn't anyone let you know?". Yes,the Carters are grieving & have a lot on their plates but she was right when she said they think the whole world revolves around them & their feelings. It was thoughtless & cold of them to not even consider her. I like the Carters but they are all about themselves.

Also,no-one has mentioned Carly,Johnny or Zsa-Zsa. Especially the girls - they were his grandkids too. Were they even informed he was dying??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

MelanieC wrote: »
    I'm no big fan of Cora but I thought she was perfectly right in the way she acted. She was close to Stan for some time & obviously one of the most important people in his life near the end,hence him wanting her to be his wife. She may not have known him for that long but she probably had a closer relationship with him during that time than his kids ever had,what with him being an absent deadbeat dad for much of their lives.

It must be awful to go in to the hospital expecting to see the one you love one last time only to find an empty bed & be told "oh,he's dead,didn't anyone let you know?". Yes,the Carters are grieving & have a lot on their plates but she was right when she said they think the whole world revolves around them & their feelings. It was thoughtless & cold of them to not even consider her. I like the Carters but they are all about themselves.

Also,no-one has mentioned Carly,Johnny or Zsa-Zsa. Especially the girls - they were his grandkids too. Were they even informed he was dying??

Completely agree re Cora.

Did Zsa Zsa or Carly ever even meet Stan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

I thought it was incredible tonight when Roxy said something along the lines of what if Ronnie found out, and Charlie says "Would that be so bad?". Um.. she has a horrific accident whilst heavily pregnant, goes into a coma for about three months, and then awakes to find her new husband has been banging her sister. It wouldn't be great now Charlie would it?!

not to mention the fact it's not the first time Roxy did this,

between sleeping with her sister's boyfriend Jack and having amy with him, and now she is sleeping with her sister's husband while her sister is in a coma? all we are short is charlie knocking her up :rolleyes:

I think Charlie would prefer Ronnie never getting better

To be fair to the Carters, they seemed to be only out of bed after finding out themselves during the night. It is also likely that Shirley (who would have informed the Carters) didn't even have Cora's number. I agree, it would be upsetting for her to find out at the hospital that he had died, as it would have been to get a phonecall during the night. But the whole scene just seemed over contrived for another Carter argument.

He had only died a few hours beforehand, they were still in their pyjamas. If I had been Cora, I would have contacted the person she knew was with Stan during the night when she woke up as she knew he was in his final hours. Not just trot down to the hospital. That is just me though, I would have to know how they had coped during the night. When my mother was dying it was the first thing I done every morning.

And when someone dies, I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to pick an argument with those who were closer to him. if you didn't know Cora only was going out with him a few months it would be easy to understand that scene but it just seemed terribly contrived just to create another bit of verbal warfare amongst the family, which is getting tiresome and all too predictable for a lot of viewers at this stage.

Just my take.

To be fair to the Carters, they seemed to be only out of bed after finding out themselves during the night. It is also likely that Shirley (who would have informed the Carters) didn't even have Cora's number. I agree, it would be upsetting for her to find out at the hospital that he had died, as it would have been to get a phonecall during the night. But the whole scene just seemed over contrived for another Carter argument.

He had only died a few hours beforehand, they were still in their pyjamas. If I had been Cora, I would have contacted the person she knew was with Stan during the night when she woke up as she knew he was in his final hours. Not just trot down to the hospital. That is just me though, I would have to know how they had coped during the night. When my mother was dying it was the first thing I done every morning.

And when someone dies, I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to pick an argument with those who were closer to him. if you didn't know Cora only was going out with him a few months it would be easy to understand that scene but it just seemed terribly contrived just to create another bit of verbal warfare amongst the family, which is getting tiresome and all too predictable for a lot of viewers at this stage.

Just my take.

I thought Shirley just arrived back that morning and told the family in the kitchen

I thought Shirley just arrived back that morning and told the family in the kitchen

I missed the start. So even they didn't get a phone call! Makes my point stronger, doesn't it! And shirley was more concerned obviously with telling poor widdle Dean, the Rapist with a heart of gold ho is just misunderstood than telling Cora. Tbh, I doubt shirley's character gives a cr$p about cora and it is fitting that her character wouldn't go running to her when her father died.

Re Cora and nobody contacting her, yet again can't help wondering why so many human beings analyse things rationally which are not necessarily remotely rational e.g. grief being a prime example, emotions more generally another.

Re Cora and nobody contacting her, yet again can't help wondering why so many human beings analyse things rationally which are not necessarily remotely rational e.g. grief being a prime example, emotions more generally another.

Maybe, just maybe The Carters who had just found out in the last hour that Stan had died weren't thinking rationally and instead of getting the phone book out to call Cora just wanted a bit of grieving time themselves. Cora, as an old woman would have seen many deaths during her lifetime and would have known that people are emotionally fragile, especially "children" and that not calling her within the first few minutes was a little bit understandable and as someone with a bit of life experience should have had the tact not to make a massive deal/scene about it and show some respect for his family who have cared for him through his illness for months.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

I'm not a big fan of Ronnie, but Roxy is nothing better than a cheap slut for even wanting to do the dirt, as is the fella (I'm brutal with names).

I'm not a big fan of Ronnie, but Roxy is nothing better than a cheap slut for even wanting to do the dirt, as is the fella (I'm brutal with names).

I only found out that the actress that plays Roxy is Alan sugar's niece. Few quid in that family

BOOM!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Great last line from Aleks. :D

Think Frigga 92 meant Ronnie?

:pac: I always get the two of them mixed up! When I'm talking about them IRL I just call them both RonnieRoxy.

Well, that was a brilliant ending!

ShazGV wrote: »
    Great last line from Aleks. :D

I'd say Ronnie knows too

I'd say Ronnie knows too

Oh absolutely. Think extremely unlikely that she doesn't, especially since the idiots talked about it in front of her :D

Oh absolutely. Think extremely unlikely that she doesn't, especially since the idiots talked about it in front of her :D

Sure they were practically shoving her over in the bed so that they could sit down and have a proper chat about the whole thing. Eejits!

• Advertisement

Well, that was a brilliant ending!

What happened? Playing soccer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement