Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

So when did Charlie and Roxy "fall in love" or are we meant to just believe it happened off screen??..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What happened? Playing soccer

Roxy was waiting for Aleks to propose, he got put the ring and then asked Roxy how long she was sleeping her sister's husband aka Charlie, a real good duff duff duff ending

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Roxy was waiting for Aleks to propose, he got put the ring and then asked Roxy how long she was sleeping her sister's husband aka Charlie, a real good duff duff duff ending

So obviously Ronnie told him? What I find hard to believe is a) that Ronnie is 100% confident in what she saw/heard even though her brain was a muddled mess for last 4 and a half months? I can barely remember a dream ten minutes after waking up yet she has been in a coma and Aleks has taken her word even though he had no suspicions of it before?

And were they constantly sleeping witheachother? I just thought it was once? Pretty heartless b1tch isn't she, as is he. Considering it was effectively his fault that Nick returned and caused the crash. He is a dull character anyway, Charlie, no wit, charm or charisma. just stands there looking gormless and serious, he is no son of a Cotton!

So when did Charlie and Roxy "fall in love" or are we meant to just believe it happened off screen??..........

While Ronnie was sleeping :p btw love that film Sandy Bullock and Bill Pullman so sweet together

While Ronnie was sleeping :p btw love that film Sandy Bullock and Bill Pullman so sweet together

I think I was sleeping also because the story and the character of Charlie have that effect on me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

So obviously Ronnie told him? What I find hard to believe is a) that Ronnie is 100% confident in what she saw/heard even though her brain was a muddled mess for last 4 and a half months? I can barely remember a dream ten minutes after waking up yet she has been in a coma and Aleks has taken her word even though he had no suspicions of it before?
    Ronnie didn't tell him he put two and two together which wasn't hard as they were wrapped around each other in the hospital

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

casio4 wrote: »
    Ronnie didn't tell him he put two and two together which wasn't hard as they were wrapped around each other in the hospital

He had a lightbulb moment earlier in the episode when Shabnam remarked that if a woman is upset and she's not confiding on you, she'll find another shoulder to cry on. You could almost hear the penny drop in his little brain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭CorkyLFC

dee_mc wrote: »
    He had a lightbulb moment earlier in the episode when Shabnam remarked that if a woman is upset and she's not confiding on you, she'll find another shoulder to cry on. You could almost hear the penny drop in his little brain :)

Plus as soon as Aleks came into the room, Roxy said she heard he had something to ask her. He must have also figured that Charlie told her beforehand.

Were they kissing earlier? If not and it was going by just an embrace Jesus, if I was going only by that evidence, to jump from seeing Ronnies closest two people share a moment after she awakes to the conclusion that they are sh@gging eachother i'd consider myself very paranoid! Hopefully for realism she will deny it and he wont insist on it at the moment as that is pretty weak evidence to go by! I could hace half bought Ronnie telling him what she thought she heard during her coma period and his suspicions being raised but not him going by a randomer's remark in the street and a hug between them to jump to such a conclusion. (again though i missed what he saw between roxy and charlie as i missed the episode )

Just watched the episode now and Aleks' Sherlock Holmes eureka moment. Now I stand by what I say, unless he has actually seen them in the act, his conclusion (although correct) is an absurd leap of thought! No evidence at all!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Just watched the episode now and Aleks' Sherlock Holmes eureka moment. Now I stand by what I say, unless he has actually seen them in the act, his conclusion (although correct) is an absurd leap of thought! No evidence at all!!

I think maybe he has seen the closeness etc and is trying to draw the whole truth out of Roxy, kind of like "how long have you been sleeping with him?", "a few months", "ah, so you are sleeping with him".

Frigga_92 wrote: »
    I think maybe he has seen the closeness etc and is trying to draw the whole truth out of Roxy, kind of like "how long have you been sleeping with him?", "a few months", "ah, so you are sleeping with him".

Would you say such a thing to someone you are planning to propose to if you are just going by idle paronia?? There is no coming back from that if he is wrong (which given the evidence he has before him is the more probable scenario). Even when he was with Charlie at the hospital after seeing them hug after some news about Ronnie, he showed no suspicious behaviour, telling Charlie he as going to propose and calling him future brother in law jokingly)

Yet after one random statement from Shabnam, he suddenly decides that they must be sleeping together!! I know those Latvians are intelligent people, going by the fact that his wife and child became fluent in English in a couple of months and he is managing to make thousands and thousands out of a shabby old market with a couple of dozen stalls but that is masterful intelligence by Aleks!

So essentially what I am saying is, if you were about to propose to someone but you just saw them hug their brother in law over news about his very ill wife and then went into a shop an someone said something, would you go home with the intention to propose but first of all accuse them of sh@gging their brother in law..................!!

I know I am reading WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much into it! But I still think they could have done it better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

I think Aleks may have deliberately told Charlie as a test to see if he'd tell Roxy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Would you say such a thing to someone you are planning to propose to if you are just going by idle paronia?? There is no coming back from that if he is wrong (which given the evidence he has before him is the more probable scenario). Even when he was with Charlie at the hospital after seeing them hug after some news about Ronnie, he showed no suspicious behaviour, telling Charlie he as going to propose and calling him future brother in law jokingly)

Yet after one random statement from Shabnam, he suddenly decides that they must be sleeping together!! I know those Latvians are intelligent people, going by the fact that his wife and child became fluent in English in a couple of months and he is managing to make thousands and thousands out of a shabby old market with a couple of dozen stalls but that is masterful intelligence by Aleks!

So essentially what I am saying is, if you were about to propose to someone but you just saw them hug their brother in law over news about his very ill wife and then went into a shop an someone said something, would you go home with the intention to propose but first of all accuse them of sh@gging their brother in law..................!!

I know I am reading WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much into it! But I still think they could have done it better!

oh god funniest thing I've read on here in ages

I think Aleks may have deliberately told Charlie as a test to see if he'd tell Roxy.

Yes was thinking that too

Also Aleks wife who can speak English now commented on how close Roxy and Charlie were too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

He has been visibly observing the puppy dog looks & guilty glances flying back & forth between Roxy & Charlie for a while now but convinced himself it was about Ronnie. Shabnam's remark & his test of whether Charlie would go straight to Roxy with the proposal info (that was a weird & stupid thing for Roxy to say by the way - you would feign surprise in that scenario surely!) is what made him realise he was not just being paranoid.

I really like Tamwar's dry sense of humour, always makes me laugh :pac:

OMG LOVED THAT!! :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

According to The Mirror today "There’s a new boy on the Square and we think he looks just like a young Poldark.

Actor Jonny Labey is joining EastEnders this Spring as Paul Coker and not surprisingly he quickly sets one particular heart on fire.

Hmm we wonder who?

Paul - who is the grandson of Les and Pam - is fun, honest and always the centre of attention."

Well if he looks anything like Poldark, we ladies are in for a treat

According to The Mirror today "There’s a new boy on the Square and we think he looks just like a young Poldark.

Actor Jonny Labey is joining EastEnders this Spring as Paul Coker and not surprisingly he quickly sets one particular heart on fire.

Hmm we wonder who?

Paul - who is the grandson of Les and Pam - is fun, honest and always the centre of attention."

Well if he looks anything like Poldark, we ladies are in for a treat

soaps-eastenders-jonny-labey-paul-coker.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Shabnam really is the world's biggest fun sponge isn't she.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭Riddle101

quickly sets one particular heart on fire

I bet it's Ben Mitchell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

soaps-eastenders-jonny-labey-paul-coker.jpg

Reminds me more of Harry Styles of 1Direction!

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I bet it's Ben Mitchell.

I think Lola if she is still on the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I think Lola if she is still on the show

Not sure how old he's meant to be but I would say maybe Roxy (article mentioned he was in Ibiza)

Not sure how old he's meant to be but I would say maybe Roxy (article mentioned he was in Ibiza)

Only if he is an ex or current of Ronnie :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Did anything come of Coker and the fraud with burying "Nick".......or the actual real burial of Nick?

I was looking forward to that fall out....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Did anything come of Coker and the fraud with burying "Nick".......or the actual real burial of Nick?

I was looking forward to that fall out....

I was thinking the same thing!

Anyone know what happened to Nick's body? Also, does Mrs Doyle know Nick is dead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I was thinking the same thing!

Anyone know what happened to Nick's body? Also, does Mrs Doyle know Nick is dead?

The latest cartergate and need to stick Dyer on screen constantly has lead to them completely forgetting the conclusion to the arc they spent months on. Ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm STILL wondering when they're going to go back to the story where Stacey gave Lauren a key to look after.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement