Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

seabbass

Options
  • 01-02-2015 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

hi lads What the best places to catch sea bass in Cork thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Aldi have them at the moment. 2 fillets for €2.99

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

.red. wrote: »
    Aldi have them at the moment. 2 fillets for €2.99

Mod If it doesn't add to the thread, don't post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

They're surprisingly prolific, most beaches in cork have some. Try spinning or plugging from rocks along sandy beaches or fishing big baits about 30 yards out.

Most Irish bass are caught by accident when people are fishing for mackerel, so anywhere that mackerel fishing happens is worth a try

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Youghal beach is supposed to be a good spot for them. Spinning I think is the best way, not sure which spinners work best though.. Why does everyone want to catch bass so much? Is it to cook or are they a good fighter?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Youghal beach is supposed to be a good spot for them. Spinning I think is the best way, not sure which spinners work best though.. Why does everyone want to catch bass so much? Is it to cook or are they a good fighter?

They put up a hell of a fight, there a beautiful looking fish also. All caught on ragworm. Returned the majority, tasty fish fresh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Tasty but I think it's wrong to kill them of any size
    They have a very slow growth rate.
    E.g. a 10lb bass could be near 20 years old.

Advertisement