Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spicy Pizza

• 01-02-2015 11:36am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭

The missus brought home a Pizza from Supermacs (I think) last night. Holy moley it was fantastic-really spicy defo will be getting one again :-)

Anyone know how to get that spice?

Tanks in advance.

Benny

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Might help if you told us the toppings ... :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

The spice seemed to be in the Sauce so it was uniform around the Pizza-not the usual jalapenos

IIRC the toppings were peppers, onions, chicken.

Benny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Possibly a shake of crushed chili flakes? Or their menu mentions an 'italian style seasoning', could be that either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I'd often pick up a Papa Johns Pizza in the States & find it surprisingly good for fare from such a major franchise operation.

I ordered precisely the same ingredients when I gave it a try in Supermacs but was unsurprised to be left a little disappointed - it had an odd, slightly medicinal taste & the jalapeños lacked the kick of their Stateside equivalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 entangled

Papa Johns (which is in a lot of supermacs) have a special Louisiana chicken pizza at the moment.
    It's peppers onions chicken and tabasco sauce. Tabasco sauce on pizza in general is amazing.

• Advertisement

entangled wrote: »
    Papa Johns (which is in a lot of supermacs) have a special Louisiana chicken pizza at the moment.
    It's peppers onions chicken and tabasco sauce. Tabasco sauce on pizza in general is amazing.

Cheers for this-going to get one for Dinner later, cant wait!!

Interesting idea about Tabasco on Pizzas-must try some ideas.

Benny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I often put some Frank's Red Hot Sauce on pizzas.
    And by often, I actually mean pretty much always :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I often put some Frank's Red Hot Sauce on pizzas.
    +1, goes really well with it.

Franks is not overly hot so its easy to lash it on, with the likes of tobasco you would want to be more careful.

If making it from scratch it could be mixed into the tomato sauce of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Yeah buffalo chicken pizza is big in Papa Johns in the US, not sure if it's on the menu in the Supermacs PJs here though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

2014_1084-Papa-Johns-Tabasco-Pizza-380x290px.jpg

It does sound good!

• Advertisement

2014_1084-Papa-Johns-Tabasco-Pizza-380x290px.jpg

It does sound good!

Tastes great too :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Benny-c wrote: »
    The missus brought home a Pizza from Supermacs (I think) last night. Holy moley it was fantastic-really spicy defo will be getting one again :-)

Anyone know how to get that spice?

Tanks in advance.

Benny

Get some Sriracha sauce, I'm addicted to the stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Naga or habenero chilii ..... (if you dare) :p

Still on the Tabasco theme-I tried Tabasco Chipotle (Smoked) on Pizza-really nice. Not as spicy as the Red one.

I await your feedback :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Aldi or Lidl do a pizza, think it called Inferno. Nicely spicy/hot for an off the shelf supermarket pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

rubadub wrote: »
    +1, goes really well with it.

Franks is not overly hot so its easy to lash it on, with the likes of tobasco you would want to be more careful.

Tabasco is not very hot either, I can just drink it from the bottle. I have yet to find a sauce I consider too hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Try Ancona Hot Pepper Sauce, available from Tesco. Spread it on pizza about half way through cooking, adds a good fiery kick. If you're in Dublin there's a place in the Epicurean Food Hall that sells a range of hot sauces that are also very good for this. Also one of the big Asian supermarkets on Moore St sells similar stuff.

Advertisement