Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info about Studying to be a Commercial pilot in the US

Options
  • 01-02-2015 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

has anybody gone to the US for flight training? And could give me any info on it, and what's the best flight school?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Training in the USA is a lot less expensive than in Europe. Cheap petrol, less regulation and good weather are all benefits.

However, and I could be way out of date with this, (I'm a private pilot who trained in the UK in the 80's, and later moved to the USA and did a US ppl.), I think there's extra training involved in converting your US license to a European one.

Also It may be better to post this in the Aviation Forum.

Embry Riddle is probably the most prestigious. Its a regular University though:

http://www.erau.edu/

• Registered Users Posts: 25 NMG97

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Training in the USA is a lot less expensive than in Europe. Cheap petrol, less regulation and good weather are all benefits.

However, and I could be way out of date with this, (I'm a private pilot who trained in the UK in the 80's, and later moved to the USA and did a US ppl.), I think there's extra training involved in converting your US license to a European one.

Also It may be better to post this in the Aviation Forum.

Thanks for the reply, another questions do you know how most people get the money for the trianing? Is it by loan etc

NMG97 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, another questions do you know how most people get the money for the trianing? Is it by loan etc

I dont know. I think if its a regular degree program at a university here in the USA then americans can get student loans to cover it.

But its probably a lot more difficult to get financing for a Commercial license that you build up to over the years by working as a flight instructor etc etc.

So i'm not much help I'm afraid.

Advertisement