Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to become a British citizen

Options
  • 01-02-2015 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

can I become a British citizen if my father was born in the UK?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

NMG97 wrote: »
    can I become a British citizen if my father was born in the UK?

There is a test here

https://www.gov.uk/check-british-citizen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

So basically, you can if you're parents were or are married, and no if they weren't married.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 NMG97

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    So basically, you can if you're parents were or are married, and no if they weren't married.

Are you saying that I can get citizenship if my parents are married?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I'd suggest just taking the test and see....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Does it make much difference these days if you became a citizen or not? As in, would there be any advantages?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

seachto7 wrote: »
    Does it make much difference these days if you became a citizen or not? As in, would there be any advantages?

If you're not from the British Isle and UKIP rise to power, I'd say it'd be worth it.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

You should be able to, just take the Irish one though if going through Iraq and Syria :p

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

If you're not from the British Isle and UKIP rise to power, I'd say it'd be worth it.

Where's the British Isle ? As opposed to The British Isles ?

UKIP rise to power ? - I can only assume that you're 'avin a laf ! .:D

Advertisement