Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone want to help me plan a trip to Thailand

• 01-02-2015 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

This will be me and my gf first time going beyond the canaries and a little frazzled about what to do as soon as we land in Thailand so I hope someone can throw some ideas at me

First off want to in july for 2 maybe 3 weeks, is there a particular place that would be better for avoiding the monsoons.? We would love to go stay in beachhuts maybe see some great beaches do activities such as scuba diving tours etc.. Nowhere particular wild though and if you know the prices of what you recommend do tell to give me an idea :)

Actually im not completely compelled on Thailand if there is cheaper countries with the same scene an vibe id be open to it too :)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭j.s. pill II

This will be me and my gf first time going beyond the canaries and a little frazzled about what to do as soon as we land in Thailand so I hope someone can throw some ideas at me

First off want to in july for 2 maybe 3 weeks, is there a particular place that would be better for avoiding the monsoons.? We would love to go stay in beachhuts maybe see some great beaches do activities such as scuba diving tours etc.. Nowhere particular wild though and if you know the prices of what you recommend do tell to give me an idea :)

Actually im not completely compelled on Thailand if there is cheaper countries with the same scene an vibe id be open to it too :)

Thanks in advance

If your heart is set on beaching/island-hopping then you'll probably have better luck with the weather at that time of year on the the main Gulf of Thailand islands (Koh Tao, Koh Samui, Koh Panang) than on the Adaman coast islands (Koh phi phi, Phuket). Impossible to predict accurately of course.

As for alternatives, some places in central America might tick a lot of your boxes. In Panama for example, you'd have Bocas del Toro and the San blas islands. Relatively cheap to get to Panama city if you fly via Miami. San Salvador is a good jumping off point if you want to explore Honduras/Guatemala/Belize. Mexico is also a great place to spend a few weeks - I will say I didn't have first hand experiences of the beaches myself but have heard great things about them. Fantastic country overall. July can sometimes be a bit overcast in that region but the really sh1ty weather doesn't tend to arrive till September.

Advertisement