Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic V Rangers

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

As already mentioned, it just sounded like Rangers had more fans there ( for the periods that i was watching )

The sound depends where the sound engineers place the microphones and no they were pretty much even as the allocations were even and both sold out.

I heard more Celtic singing than Rangers tbh. They havent much to be singing about anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Sounded more Celtic fans to me, are you sure you can even spot what being sung?

God save the Queen and Can you hear the Celtic sing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Cigars out football, as easy a 2-0 as you'll ever see, decent pitch and ref and it would have been an absolute pummeling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I thought I heard more Rangers songs, but not being a regular viewer of Scottish football, I could have been wrong, heard the obvious Rule Britannia, God Save the Queen, Can you hear the Celtic sing. I also heard the Celtic rendition of the Irish national anthem? (not sure what words they were singing). I only watched the 2nd half though so maybe the first half sounded different, and as has been said, effect mic. might not have picked up everything.

I thought it was all generally quite flat though considering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

donfers wrote: »
    Cigars out football, as easy a 2-0 as you'll ever see, decent pitch and ref and it would have been an absolute pummeling

Probably, game over in the first half. From one i saw Celtic could have upped the game if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

RoryMac wrote: »
    Cowards & mercenaries maybe but plenty of internationals and players with experience of playing in the top league and big games.

Plenty of internationals who.

Foster 3 caps ****e player
    McCulloch 36 years of age done
    Lee Wallace 8 Caps regressed as a player never could defend
    Ian Black 1 cap Coward and thug
    Miller 35 no legs finished as a player

The above were the internationals mate so that doesn't really mean much :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

I thought I heard more Rangers songs, but not being a regular viewer of Scottish football, I could have been wrong, heard the obvious Rule Britannia, God Save the Queen, Can you hear the Celtic sing. I also heard the Celtic rendition of the Irish national anthem? (not sure what words they were singing). I only watched the 2nd half though so maybe the first half sounded different, and as has been said, effect mic. might not have picked up everything.

I thought it was all generally quite flat though considering.

The one they bastardised once again with the line "God bless the Pope"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Plenty of internationals who.

Foster 3 caps ****e player
    McCulloch 36 years of age done
    Lee Wallace 8 Caps regressed as a player never could defend
    Ian Black 1 cap Coward and thug
    Miller 35 no legs finished as a player

The above were the internationals mate so that doesn't really mean much :P

Past internationals would be more accurate, still I think the strength of the Rangers squad is being downplayed, this was never going to be as one sided as made out.

That said the budget Rangers have available could be used a lot better

The one they bastardised once again with the line "God bless the Pope"

I thought you would be trying to avoid a debate on songs after today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Good win for Celtic.

That pitch was terrible, it better be sorted for the League Cup final next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Leigh Griffiths on @BBCSportsound: "Credit to the Rangers fans who continued to support their team right to the end."

Not sure if I should appreciate that comment from him :p

mikeym wrote: »
    Good win for Celtic.

That pitch was terrible, it better be sorted for the League Cup final next month.

You're asking for a lot tbh.

The SFA wont sort out the pitch because a good surface will maximize Celtic's performance and mostly likely make the event very one sided.

mikeym wrote: »
    Good win for Celtic.

Alleged Racist! I could be drawing my pension by the time that case gets to court! :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

LOL well if you lot were half as good as I keep hearing plus the fact I have said all along how bad we were you should.

Nonsense. If you read the Celtic thread, pretty much every poster over the past few months has expressed concerns over our lack of goals from our strikers.

I agree with the 2nd part though, we know Rangers are sh1te. But as I pointed out before the game, form and ability often don't mean as much in this fixture as they would in others. Throw in a pitch like that and you have a game that ends up being much tighter than it would appear on paper.

Our striker problem goes back to Strachan at least

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    Our striker problem goes back to Strachan at least

Goes back to not replacing Larsson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

RoryMac wrote: »
    Goes back to not replacing Larsson

Aye, players like Larsson grow on trees, and are well within Celtic's budget.

Can't believe they don't just sign Larsson Mark 2 and be done with it

Aye, players like Larsson grow on trees, and are well within Celtic's budget.

Can't believe they don't just sign Larsson Mark 2 and be done with it

I never said that, just that we have struggled to find a decent striker since then aside from Hooper they've all been inconsistent even in the SPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Larsson was a once in a lifetime player.
    Even now it's hard to believe that one of Europe's best strikers stayed at Celtic for 7 years

Larsson was a once in a lifetime player.
    Even now it's hard to believe that one of Europe's best strikers stayed at Celtic for 7 years

I agree but its not too much to hope for a striker that can score consistently in the SPL. Our current strikers all have some decent qualities but none have shown themselves capable of getting 20 - 25 goals a season

• Advertisement
Advertisement