Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Recommendation

Options
  • 01-02-2015 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭

I don't do this often, so here goes.

Right, so i'm bored off my tree, the AW servers are down, and i'm looking for something to play. I've been looking at sites, and there is nothing new/relatively new that i'm interested in.

Single player game, preferably action/fps/rpg. I have Inquisition, but got bored of it very quickly. Something relatively new (past year or so), as i think i'm turning into a graphics snob. I would list what i have, but that would take ages, so suggest away and lets see what happens!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Have you got a vita? if you do get freedom wars, I'm hooked on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Have you got a vita? if you do get freedom wars, I'm hooked on it!

Looks interesting, had a look at a few gameplay videos there, are there other people with you, are or they AI controlled?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well during the story there A.I controlled but you can play multiplayer/co op with other people which is cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Can't recommend Dying Light enough right now! I'm having a great laugh with this game in both single player and co-op. Check out some videos to get an idea of the game. The music is like something out of a George Romero horror movie or more recently Drive and the atmosphere is incredible. I am only about 11% in but absolutely loving it, my favourite game of the last 6 months easily!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Far Cry 4 , Shadow Of Mordor, Metro Redux are all recent ones I enjoyed.

Playing Saints Row 4 - Re Elected at the minute myself and enjoying it's outright madness.

I'd say Sunset Overdrive but I don't think you are an XBox player?

• Advertisement

The AW servers came back up, so i stuck into that for another while.
    tony1980 wrote: »
    Can't recommend Dying Light enough right now!

How does it compare to Dead Island? I loved them games (possibly in the minority there). I know the whole night thing beings a new angle to it, but does it play the same more or less? I've been hearing some bad points about lag and stability though.
    calex71 wrote: »
    Far Cry 4 , Shadow Of Mordor, Metro Redux are all recent ones I enjoyed.

Playing Saints Row 4 - Re Elected at the minute myself and enjoying it's outright madness.

I'd say Sunset Overdrive but I don't think you are an XBox player?

Far Cry 4, played it for about 15 hours and got bored, too much like FC4. Finished SoM, did enjoy it a good bit, but became very repetitive. Didn't like Metro to be honest, was a bit too slow for me. Probably didn't give it enough time though. Is it basically the same thing?

Might have to give Gat out of Hell a go, i enjoyed IV a good bit, and this seems more of the same madness.

Don't have my 360 anymore, but do intend on getting the XBone at some stage this year, will hopefully have a good back catalogue to get through then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

have you played the last Wolfenstein game?

a slightly older game I would recommend is Shadow Warrior

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I assume its on you are on a PC so I am not sure how the performance is there. It's like a mixture of Dead Island/Far Cry 4 and Mirrors Edge. I am enjoying it more than the Dead Island games so I would say you would probably enjoy this even more but check out some videos first and get a better idea for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

preferably action/fps/rpg

Probably best of looking in some other niche forums, it'll be hard to find many games fitting those criteria ;)

Skerries wrote: »
    have you played the last Wolfenstein game?

a slightly older game I would recommend is Shadow Warrior

Played it, but for some reason it just didn't click with me. I know lots of people saying it was their GOTY/FPSOTY, but i gave up on it after a few hours.

Shadow Warrior, i think you might be onto something there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

I just finished The Evil Within. It's kind of a crossover between resident evil 4 and the last of us. Best game I've played in a long time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thought evil within was an a bit of a dog to play. Wouldn't recommend itto anyone but the most ardent horror game fans and only then with the stipulation that they'll have to put up with some awfully designed sections and frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Thought evil within was an a bit of a dog to play. Wouldn't recommend itto anyone but the most ardent horror game fans and only then with the stipulation that they'll have to put up with some awfully designed sections and frustration.

Really, I can't understand how anyone couldn't like it. I must be special. I'm going to play the new game+ soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If you're look for a horror game, I don't think there's a better one of the current generation of consoles than Outlast. Super tense and creepy.

Played, and loved, ME3, but the MP only kept me going for a small while, got sick of it eventually.

And horror games, no. I'm saving them for when i (eventually) start streaming, shrieking like a little girl is a sure way to get the views!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Metro Redux? I picked it up in gamestop for €20.

Advertisement