Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

acne

• 01-02-2015 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭

have you ever had to deal with it? did it affect your life/confidence much?

I know it did mine. struggled with it for years, it took Accutane to sort it out. was it just a teenage thing or did it follow you into adulthood? I still get the odd breakout but nothing as bad pre - Accutane. was left with scars that slowly faded.

when your breakouts get particularly bad it often felt like when people were talking to you, they just saw the acne and not the person. and if anyone pointed it out I would think about it for the rest of the day, happened a few times in secondary school. there is really no purpose it serves other than to degrade and humiliate really. wow,thank you for your contribution in the absence of mirrors in my life :) have you ever had that happen?? it was just people being dicks I guess.

my acne was quite cystic and red and severe looking, all over my face, back and chest. the real wake up call happened when my young niece was drawing pictures of our family and when it came to mine she drew these sizable, unsightly dots all over my face. kids can be brutal like that, they just say what they see.if that's what she notices, that must be what everyone else sees, right? and that's the reality of bad skin really, its a curse.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭CJ Haughey

Burn it off with battery acid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I had it bad on my back when I was a teenager. After about 2 years it was gone though. I'm in my mid twenties now and still get the odd spot on my chin, but very rarely!

It's a lot easier for women. The contraceptive pill often sorts out acne. And make-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I had it on my back when I was a teenager. It wasn't too bad and didn't really bother me to be honest. Would have hated it on my face though. A friend of mine has it quite bad on his face but it doesn't seem to bother him, he's very self confident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I had it (face) and went on minocycline for a year or so. Haven't had it since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

I had on it on my hands couldn't get rid of it until i started urinating on them twice a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Ach nae, I've never had Acne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

I had really bad acne and skin issues along those lines, used to have big huge lumps forming on my cheeks to the point that my vision would be impaired. Had to take a day off school once because I couldn't open my eyelids.

Got a prescription for it that afternoon and it's been pretty mild since ...this was near ten years ago now though, I'd've thought it'd be completely gone by now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Had pretty terrible acne when I was a teen. Went on acne, was on accutane for a while. Sorted it for most part but it can really hit one's confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Had it for half a year when I was 15 and that was pretty much it. Was very weird. Never felt insecure about it though. Most people had some form of acne. Never get any spots now. Maybe like one or two a year but yeah no real outbreaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Anna1982

Preventing acne, you shouldn't stay up too late to avoid acne relapse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement