Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps3 dead

Options
  • 01-02-2015 6:01pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My launch ps3 just died on me, yellow light just appeared, I'm absolutely gutted :(, all my game saves and games I brought from the american store gone, Is there any point in getting it fixed? would it last long? also how do I get my disk back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Turn of main power switch on back on console. Wait till all power has gone out of the led light. Hold down eject button and then power on the main switch on the back...the disc should eject for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

My launch ps3 just died on me, yellow light just appeared, I'm absolutely gutted :(, all my game saves and games I brought from the american store gone, Is there any point in getting it fixed? would it last long? also how do I get my disk back?

I feel your pain, it had good innings.
    Are the saves not cloud based?
    I got mine reballed by a guy in consolerepairs, ive heard bad things from other people about him. I had no issues with him and not sure if he still exists. My launch is still working.

You CANT put the hard drive in any other PS3's or laptops or external caddies.

You can do the hair dryer trick to get it powered on and get files off. It will last a while but reball is the only proper fix.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If I could get some one to reball it for a reasonable price I would nearly chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Same thing or similar happened with me.
    Rang Sony and they sent me details on how to send it back.
    For 120e they will repair or replace and after a week it is already on the way back to me.

3mth warranty... They won't do it online, wait time is around 30 min though to talk to someone...
    You will need the serial number before you ring them, I had to ring a second time... Doh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Aw sick. Did you have a look on adverts? I think there was a lad somewhere close to the square in Tallaght that done a good job. You got a good run in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Taltos wrote: »
    Same thing or similar happened with me.
    Rang Sony and they sent me details on how to send it back.
    For 120e they will repair or replace and after a week it is already on the way back to me.

3mth warranty... They won't do it online, wait time is around 30 min though to talk to someone...
    You will need the serial number before you ring them, I had to ring a second time... Doh!

Is a launch model you have too? I'd nearly chance that, any idea how much it is a minute to ring them though?
    hallo dare wrote: »
    Aw sick. Did you have a look on adverts? I think there was a lad somewhere close to the square in Tallaght that done a good job. You got a good run in fairness.

I'm nowhere near tallaght though :P I know I had a good run with it but its still upsetting all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Um no... I got someone to try and fix my launch model - they fopped it up royally.
    I have unlimited daytime calls to a local number so was covered.

If they can't replace with like they'll send you a super slim, sorry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

I know I had a good run with it but its still upsetting all the same.

I sympathise with you m8, i was gutted when mine went also. But all's not lost yet, you might get lucky!

Advertisement