Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La nouveaux haute cusine a la Wicklow

• 01-02-2015 9:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭

Sorry, can't post links, so please

irishtimes.com/life-and-style/ wicklow-farmer-on-a-mission-to-get-ireland-eating-insects-1.2087208

I do believe that selling "homemade" insects to holders of reptiles could work. But making it a food business as for humans is out of my believe...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Get a grip of yourself fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I read something about that a while ago. Apparently it's a growing sector to try and devise an appetising way to prepare the insects as a meal.

It's viewed as a natural way of reducing food shortages since there's something like 5 million insects for every person or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭Niall_daaS

Aenaes wrote: »
    I read something about that a while ago. Apparently it's a growing sector to try and devise an appetising way to prepare the insects as a meal.

It's viewed as a natural way of reducing food shortages since there's something like 5 million insects for every person or something like that.

But is it really becoming a thing (saying: enough to run a business from it) in this part of the world?

Advertisement