Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need hard drive help

Options
  • 01-02-2015 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I managed to break the hard drive in my laptop last night because I gave the computer a wallop, and I know the problem is restricted to the hard drive because windows loads on an old HD, but I can't remember the password.

So, I need a new one obviously and what I want to know is a) where could I pick one up and b) would I, a non-computer person, be able to install it? I assume it's just a case of putting it in?

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I managed to break the hard drive in my laptop last night because I gave the computer a wallop, and I know the problem is restricted to the hard drive because windows loads on an old HD, but I can't remember the password.

So, I need a new one obviously and what I want to know is a) where could I pick one up and b) would I, a non-computer person, be able to install it? I assume it's just a case of putting it in?

Cheers in advance.

Very easy fit hd. Memoryc.com good for products. I assume you have an Windows install disc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

mordeith wrote: »
    Very easy fit hd. Memoryc.com good for products. I assume you have an Windows install disc?
    I don't have that disc sadly. Is this a deal breaker?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

If its Win7 you can legally download the version appropriate to the install key on the sticker, if you have a legible one. Many threads here about it, search 'digitalriver'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Can you run Windows 8 hard drive on a windows 7 laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Do you mean install Windows 8 on your new hard drive rather than 7, or that you have a hard drive with 8 preinstalled on it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement