Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay/pottery making experience in Dublin?

Options
  • 01-02-2015 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi all

Just wondering if there are any active places around Dublin where you can go even once off for a clay, pottery making experience?

The only one I could find (the pottery experience) doesn't run anymore or else anywhere else is just kids painting pottery classes.

Looking forward to replies

Thanks
    Chantelle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

ch1984 wrote: »
    Hi all

Just wondering if there are any active places around Dublin where you can go even once off for a clay, pottery making experience?

The only one I could find (the pottery experience) doesn't run anymore or else anywhere else is just kids painting pottery classes.

Looking forward to replies

Thanks
    Chantelle

Nearest I can recommend is in Carlow or Laois. If you can travel. Reccomend both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jjmh02

Nearest I can recommend is in Carlow or Laois. If you can travel. Reccomend both.

Hi there, Do you happen to know the names of the ones in Carlow and Laois? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Anybody have an update on this for September 2022? I brought my kids to Giddy Studios in the Red Car park in Dundrum Town Centre a few years ago and they loved it and we have a lovely piece of pottery each from it. Unfortunately, that seems to have closed down according to the voicemail on the phone number (https://giddystudios.com/).

Is there anywhere else in Dublin or even north Wicklow where I could bring the kids for a pottery-making experience? There's a gap in the market there if there isn't!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Not sure if they accept kids, though. Your best best would be to contact a potter local to you and see would they consider running classes/once-off sessions, if you're looking for proper pottery classes.

If you're looking for "paint your own pottery piece" type of thing, there are a few places. A quick search returned these (I've no affiliation with any of them):

This one says "Now closed", but I don't know if they mean "outside of opening hours" or "out of business".

Advertisement