Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

toyota avensis' SAAB 9-5 build thread

• 01-02-2015 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭

So some of you might have noticed that toasted pickles was doing a little work on a 9-5 in the last week or two including installing a bypass valve, a new radiator and dropping the sump and he mentioned that it was for a boardsie.

Well it was myself - got her on Saturday and am well impressed with her. Her engine gearbox and clutch are in great nick and made the drive from Dublin to Cork an enjoyable trip. She drove down flawlessly and was smashing but there are a few items on the to do list for her. Give the seats a good dose of a steam cleaner and a leather treatment and shampoo the carpets, boots etc. as I will have a carpet shampooer for nothing for a day. I was given a new dash by Mr. Pickes too so I will be sticking that in.

I think she deserves a set of new mats

One of the electric window switches in the back doesnt work so that will be swapped in with a replacement.

The side indicator glass is missing so that will be replaced and there is a little crack on one of the lenses of the back lights - again scrap yard job.

New pads and discs

Brake fluid all round as all the other fluids have been changed I dont want the brake fluid to be left out.

The ABS module is misbehaving the same as in this video so that will be removed and sent for repair.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfLUtLaiV4g

New Tyres

There is some white ****e on the bonnet. A good scrubbing with some t cut should sort it.

There is a small spot with a tiny bit of surface rust where the paint is missing also on the bonnet. I will put some rust treatment on it and some touch up paint. Then get it mopped.

This should keep me busy for a good few weekends. I will probably find a few more things to get into after that lot is done

Big thanks to TP for his help.

Photos to follow.

Comments

Advertisement