Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet issues UCC

Options
  • 01-02-2015 11:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭

The other day I'd to take a number two. The 1st bathroom I went to, there was a queue, so I went to the next bathroom. There was no toilet paper there! I then went to the next floor down. Of the two cubicles there, one was occupied and the other was blocked, which was an absolutely disgusting sight. At this stage, a lot of time had passed, and I was mad. I eventually found one to go, but who'd have thought it would be so hard to find a place to crap in a first world country.

When I finished and went to wash my hands, the water was boiling hot. I tried anyway to wash them but it was too painful, so I dried my hands and went to ANOTHER bathroom to properly wash off the suds. I then asked at the desk of that floor what was the problems with all the bathrooms. He said he was aware of the blocked toilet, but when I asked him if the care takers were on strike, he looked at me oddly. Without even mentioning the many IT problems(online and with PCs) they have here in UCC, I think CIT is, in many ways, far better.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭Mydayoff

The other day I'd to take a number two. The 1st bathroom I went to, there was a queue, so I went to the next bathroom. There was no toilet paper there! I then went to the next floor down. Of the two cubicles there, one was occupied and the other was blocked, which was an absolutely disgusting sight. At this stage, a lot of time had passed, and I was mad. I eventually found one to go, but who'd have thought it would be so hard to find a place to crap in a first world country.

When I finished and went to wash my hands, the water was boiling hot. I tried anyway to wash them but it was too painful, so I dried my hands and went to ANOTHER bathroom to properly wash off the suds. I then asked at the desk of that floor what was the problems with all the bathrooms. He said he was aware of the blocked toilet, but when I asked him if the care takers were on strike, he looked at me oddly. Without even mentioning the many IT problems(online and with PCs) they have here in UCC, I think CIT is, in many ways, far better.
    It looks like the UCC folks would rather remain in denial about their toilet issues and lazy staff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Cleaning is outsourced to a private company, ISS. You can contact them directly at 021 4903551 and report them to UCC General Services office if you get no satisfaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

In fairness I think it has little to do with the library staff as they use contract cleaners for the maintenance of bathrooms. I find that a lot of students don't seem to have respect for the bathrooms. I've encountered entire rolls of toilet paper shoved down toilets and more worse! I feel sorry for anyone who has to live with these disgusting creatures!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

The library is an awful place for going to the loo. Hold out for the ORB or the Student Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Noticed this when I worked there too, library stalls were always occupied or disgusting. Any toilet above ground floor in the ORB was grand.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭To Need a Woman

Cleaning is outsourced to a private company, ISS. You can contact them directly at 021 4903551 and report them to UCC General Services office if you get no satisfaction.
    I've got better things to do with my time than ringing someone up so that they can pretend to care.

Don't try pass the responsibility onto someone else

I've got better things to do with my time than ringing someone up so that they can pretend to care.

Why don't you clean it up then? It's not the librarians job. You wouldn't ask your professor to do it, why ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭melted_face

ucc has over 20,000 students and 5,000 members of staff minimum. the toilets will not always be spotless but , imo , they're usually satisfactory

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

What better things to do, with your time - posting complaints on boards? That's not going to get the problem fixed. Why not take some responsibility yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

ucc has over 20,000 students and 5,000 members of staff minimum. the toilets will not always be spotless but , imo , they're usually satisfactory

I agree with this.
    I'm only in Brookfield and WGB but when ever I've used the toilets there they have been clean.

• Advertisement

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    I agree with this.
    I'm only in Brookfield and WGB but when ever I've used the toilets there they have been clean.
    I've never had problems in Brookfield or WGB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭CJ Haughey

People are using too much toilet paper which is a primary reason for toilets blocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Try the toilets in the north wing of the quad, I always remember them being lovely.

CJ Haughey wrote: »
    People are using too much toilet paper which is a primary reason for toilets blocking.

Well then they're using more in ucc than any other college I've ever worked in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭CJ Haughey

Well then they're using more in ucc than any other college I've ever worked in.

They need to create awareness to stop this.

CJ Haughey wrote: »
    They need to create awareness to stop this.

I foresee a major campaign to reduce the amount of paper being used. Ironically, the campaign will use a lot of paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

I foresee a major campaign to reduce the amount of paper being used. Ironically, the campaign will use a lot of paper.

Not if you use a social media campaign.

Even worse lately. One of the lifts has been out of order for nearly a month now. And the main exit door of the library doesn't even open! They really are useless

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Email SIT@ucc.ie if there's any specific IT problem - they're usually on the ball!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

Still a major problem, starting to stink now with the warm weather.

• Advertisement
Advertisement