Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oil stains on a cotton henley

• 01-02-2015 11:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭

I got an cooking oil spatter on a navy cotton henley of mine a few months ago. Looks terrible. The dry cleaners told me that because of the material its made of(as stated on the label), that it can't be dry cleaned. I was tempted to chance away and dry-clean it anyway, but I said wouldn't. Surely there must be something else I can do. I heard someone say WD40 would work but I don't know! Although it has been quite a few months now..

Any help would be great

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I find rubbing the stain with handsoap often works, even on an old stain. Damped the area where the stain is. Rub liquid hand soap (the kind you have in the bathroom) on both sides of the stain. Then was as per instruction. YOu may have to do this a few times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭To Need a Woman

Miaireland wrote: »
    I find rubbing the stain with handsoap often works, even on an old stain. Damped the area where the stain is. Rub liquid hand soap (the kind you have in the bathroom) on both sides of the stain. Then was as per instruction. YOu may have to do this a few times.
    I get the impression that would leave a dreadful water mark. And you've tried this on cotton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I used this on cotton and had no problem. What are the washing instruction for the item though?

Advertisement